Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:36 am
You last visited September 17, 2014, 9:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Some Pick 3 Tricks

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Bilhar.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Woody's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing

United States
Member #148
March 24, 2002
168 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2004, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

Here are a few observations I have made in the Texas pick 3 game and a few things I've learned from folks on this board that have gotten me in the ball park in my pick 3 play.

1. 0,1,5,8,9 will hit in 99% of all pick 3 drawings

2. Base your number selection using at least one number in (1) above. 

3. Play a number that is one up or one below your key number eg; if your key number is 5,  play a 6 or a 4 with it. More often than not one of the numbers you play will be a consecutive set but not necessarily drawn in consecutive order eg; 392, 405, 726, etc.

4.  Play a number that hit in the previous days play eg; if a number has hit in the last 2 plays it is likely to hit a third time.

5.  Go back to the 5th to 7th draw to pick a number that has not hit eg; if you have not seen a number that has hit in the last 5 to 7 draws and it was drawn in the 5th draw play it as it likely will come in soon.

6. Break down the winning number into the components whose sums are equal to the winning numbers eg; 956 (the mid day winning number today in Texas)  9= 72,63,54,81  5= 41,32  6=42,33,51. These are the numbers you will concentrate your efforts to select the next draws winning number. I would not play any of the "6" components as they do not meet the consecutive number rule. The "54" and "32"  meet my consecutive rule. My picks for tonights game were 549, 546, 329,325,326 and 239 came in. I play combo bets and I bet $90.00 and won $1500 tonight.

I hope these are helpfull with your numbers selection.......

Woody 

Poway CA (San Diego County)
    United States
    Member #3489
    January 25, 2004
    14120 Posts
    Posted: March 21, 2004, 1:02 am - IP Logged

I don't know where you are getting your stats, but they are not the same as California.  I can't believe that Texas (or any other state for that matter) could be that different than California.  I have nearly 3 years of data and I don't agree with your figures.

1. 0,1,5,8,9 will hit in 99% of all pick 3 drawings

UNQUOTE

Well, that is funny.  You have picked 50% of the digits and since every pick 3 number drawn has 3 chances, what did you expect????  I just went back for fun and checked the last 100 draws in California.  Using the digits 0, 1, 5, 8, and 9...90 (90%) had one of those numbers.  Now, trying the other 5 digits that you didn't list 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7...89 had one of those numbers. 

3. Play a number that is one up or one below your key number eg; if your key number is 5,  play a 6 or a 4 with it. More often than not one of the numbers you play will be a consecutive set but not necessarily drawn in consecutive order eg; 392, 405, 726, etc

UNQUOTE

Again, your figures are no where near mine for California.  Out of the last 100 draws in California, 55 had what I call "neighbors".  I guess that is "more often than not", but not by much!!

4.  Play a number that hit in the previous days play eg; if a number has hit in the last 2 plays it is likely to hit a third time.

UNQUOTE

This one is the one that is the most wrong when it comes to California.  Looking again at the last 100 draws, of the numbers that hit twice in a row, 7 hit the third time and 40 did not. 

5.  Go back to the 5th to 7th draw to pick a number that has not hit eg; if you have not seen a number that has hit in the last 5 to 7 draws and it was drawn in the 5th draw play it as it likely will come in soon

UNQUOTE

In California, most of the hits are within the last 4 draws.  If you want to go by how old the number is, look in the Pick 3 forum for my method.  It does it for you automatically and is very successful.

In your #6 paragraph you didn't include zero.  Why is that? 

So, you bet $90 on 6 numbers and won $1500.  Well, I can't argue with that.  We can't do that here in California.  A box will pay about $100 or maybe less.  Besides, I can't afford to bet $90 twice a day!!  But, then again, I'm not a Texan!

Good luck with your system and why don't you start posting predictions in the Pick 3 forum?  We would like to make some money with your system, too....if it works!!

United States
      Member #148
      March 24, 2002
      168 Posts
      Posted: March 21, 2004, 1:12 am - IP Logged

Aren't your Pick 3 games drawn by a random number generated computer???

Texas still uses ping pong balls and ALL states drawings are different.  

Hey, If my suggestions don't work in California, DON'T USE THEM!!! 

United States
        Member #3489
        January 25, 2004
        14120 Posts
        Posted: March 21, 2004, 1:55 am - IP Logged

No, we use ping pong balls.  I won't use your suggestions, I was just curious why Texas was so different.  Next weekend after I've finished working my 4 nights of 12-hour shifts and have finished my income taxes, I will do a database on Texas.  That will help me if I'm going to predict for that state.  I have been successful with California, Ohio, Illinois, Georgia, and Florida, but haven't started a database on Texas.  It should be interesting.

United States
          Member #3489
          January 25, 2004
          14120 Posts
          Posted: March 21, 2004, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Oops..I was wrong.  California does use computers for the Daily 3.  I have started on the Texas database, but it is a little difficult because they list by midday or night.  I am doing the midday and night in two different databases and will probably combine them.

Woody, with the stats you were giving, was that for combined midday and night? 

CalifDude

Delaware
            United States
            Member #4079
            March 20, 2004
            9 Posts
            Posted: March 21, 2004, 7:31 am - IP Logged

CalifDude

I just came on line here yesterday as a member, Not having much luck in Delaware, before they went computer I had some luck but by no means made a lot of $$$.

I have gathered from your e-mails that California also picks by computer, do you have any suggestions as what tracking system fits this system best?

Or maybe a link, beverlys' March numbers have been very sucessful, I am starting to insert some of those numbers today.

Thanks

Macks

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
              BOSTON
              United States
              Member #48
              September 9, 2001
              3197 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2004, 9:02 am - IP Logged

hey califdude how about trying it in Mass. pick 4 where we payoff on first 3. We have spinning vertical wheels with a ping pong ball in them. Can you give it a try? Thanks

United States
                Member #148
                March 24, 2002
                168 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2004, 10:58 am - IP Logged

I don't feel there is any difference in the mid and night draws as they are both played using the same machines, therefore I combine all the draws into one data base...........

United States
                  Member #3489
                  January 25, 2004
                  14120 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2004, 3:27 pm - IP Logged

My method (see my posts on the Pick 3 forum) has good results in all the states I have used it.  I don't know if they use computers or balls. 

Retxx, I don't have the time to do another state right now, but you can look up my method and try it yourself.  Let us know how it works. 

Woody, thank you.  That is what I do for California, combine all the draws.  It will be a little harder for Texas, but I will try to work on it next weekend.

Macks, I have not tried to determine the difference between computer generated numbers and the balls.  I suggest you find a method that works for you (or maybe more than one) and use those.

My way of using the sums only for California would have worked midday today, if you didn't use the neighbor method.

United States
                    Member #1759
                    June 29, 2003
                    1156 Posts
                    Posted: March 21, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

The reason that "Woody's" system doesn't pan out in California is because your State uses Computer Generated Numbers.Any state still using the Ball Draw Machines should be able to get something from his system.His one up one down,1 previous draw number and numbers out 5-7 days apply closely with FL our numbers can stay out 7-10 days the longest 14.

United States
                      Member #3489
                      January 25, 2004
                      14120 Posts
                      Posted: March 21, 2004, 4:08 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Pick-4_Master on March 21, 2004

The reason that "Woody's" system doesn't pan out in California is because your State uses Computer Generated Numbers.Any state still using the Ball Draw Machines should be able to get something from his system.His one up one down,1 previous draw number and numbers out 5-7 days apply closely with FL our numbers can stay out 7-10 days the longest 14.

I had never thought of this before Woody mentioned it.  I am going to do much more research into it.  The longest in California is well over 20 draws (10 days).  I do have a data base on Florida, but have not put in the skips for digits.  I will have to add that.  Thank you so much for the info.  This means that the computers are not random and I should be able to use the programs I have for random number analysis to break it.  My hobby years ago was cryptography and we did a lot of analysis of "random" numbers to see if they were truly random.  The ones generated by computer are not, of course.  Now the hard part is finding the bias that is in the "random" number generation process.  It takes more numbers than I have, but if the generator is faulty, I can break it. 

United States
                        Member #1759
                        June 29, 2003
                        1156 Posts
                        Posted: March 21, 2004, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Exactly right I read a post on here about states using Computer generated numbers and a member mentioned that by using software it was easier to hit numbers in the states using them.The biases,trends and patterns are different from the Draw Machines and as you said the Computer generated numbers aren't as Random as the Draw Machine numbers are.But the Draw machines give more noticeable biases associated with patterns and trends.

United States
                          Member #3489
                          January 25, 2004
                          14120 Posts
                          Posted: March 21, 2004, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

Pick 4 master..I have started updating my database for Florida and the skips are much more than the max of 14 you quoted.  I have just started and I have done 0 and 1 for the last 90 draws.  The number 1 skipped a total of 25 from 2/5/04 (100) to 3/2/04 (819).  Wow!!

Looking back in California for the last 1000 draws, there are a few 19s and 20s and the longest is 23. 

Well..time to get ready to go to work and do my 12-hour shift!

United States
                            Member #1759
                            June 29, 2003
                            1156 Posts
                            Posted: March 21, 2004, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

14 is more common in a 20 draw history is what I should have said correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it changes sometimes according to the draw history setting.So a 40-60 or 60-90 draw history would possibly yield longer skips.

United States
                              Member #1751
                              June 29, 2003
                              467 Posts
                              Posted: March 22, 2004, 5:11 pm - IP Logged

thanks woody,

i think this one is awsome - michigan last night was 975 - so what i did:

18 = 9, so then i took 18 for my fist two digits, then i took the the last digit of 975 which is the 5 and found a number plus the 8 which is a 7 = 5.

18 + 7 and the midday was 187

thanks $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$bammmmmmmmmmmm, bammmmmmmmm