Welcome Guest
The time is now 12:06 am
You last visited April 24, 2014, 12:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anybody Ever Win?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 6 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Long Island, NY
United States
Member #57412
January 3, 2008
399 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Hello all!

Want to introduce myself.  I have studied the numbers for years now and am currently using my own "master blend system" in  pusuit of the NY Pick 5.

1) Has anyone on here ever won the jackpot?

2) How come none (or most) of the folks selling systems ever claim to having won?  

I know that I would never want to sell my system unless I first won the big one with it. 

JAP69's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8487 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

Hello all!

Want to introduce myself.  I have studied the numbers for years now and am currently using my own "master blend system" in  pusuit of the NY Pick 5.

2) How come none (or most) of the folks selling systems ever claim to having won?  

I know that I would never want to sell my system unless I first won the big one with it. 

Welcome to lottery post

I have not won any jackpot. Just started on pick 5 in seriousness just recently. Getting some lower tier money on the test runs but have not wagered much yet.

Good luck with your game.

Stats hunting: Type

JAP69's avatar - Lottery-053.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8487 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:35 pm - IP Logged

Hello all!

I see you are from N.Y.

Have you ever heard of Urban Kress.

He use to do an article in the old N.Y. lottery news. Quite a stats keeper he was or still is.

Stats hunting: Type

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #57412
        January 3, 2008
        399 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes I follow Urbans column.  I wonder if he himself has ever won.  He only lists one winner(all five numbers) on his site.

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          5053 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2008, 11:53 pm - IP Logged

Hello all!

I know of one guy that won $100,000 in 5/37 game using his system. He keyed 3 numbers with the other 34 using 17 combinations and had 16 3 of 5 matches too.

Most system for sale are usually more complicated than picking 3 numbers and his win was the method of play and lots of luck. I don't think any of them will consistently give you 5 out of 20 numbers; more or less offering different ways to choose your numbers.

If I found a method that consistently choose 4 numbers out of 15, I would discuss it here on LP and maybe somebody would offer a simple solution for finding that 5th number.

Southeastern Ohio
            United States
            Member #13850
            April 16, 2005
            762 Posts
            Posted: January 7, 2008, 9:22 am - IP Logged

I know of one guy that won $100,000 in 5/37 game using his system. He keyed 3 numbers with the other 34 using 17 combinations and had 16 3 of 5 matches too.

Most system for sale are usually more complicated than picking 3 numbers and his win was the method of play and lots of luck. I don't think any of them will consistently give you 5 out of 20 numbers; more or less offering different ways to choose your numbers.

If I found a method that consistently choose 4 numbers out of 15, I would discuss it here on LP and maybe somebody would offer a simple solution for finding that 5th number.

I would like to point out that my system doesn't limit the wheeled numbers to (15), but with sum range filtering it accomplishes lowering the amount of wagered tickets to an affordable amount, positions the wagered numbers in a more favorable sum range for a potential win, and covers most of the entire set of numbers in the matrix.

The disturbing fact is, with all the comments regarding the lack of any viable system for pick 5 lotto here at LP, there isn't one comment or question regarding my system which I have taken the time presenting in detail for the benefit of all members up to and including the chief bottle washer.

Maybe thats the exact reason others with viable ideas haven't got the guts to venture out and present anything worthwhile here on LP!

Long Island, NY
              United States
              Member #57412
              January 3, 2008
              399 Posts
              Posted: January 7, 2008, 10:51 am - IP Logged

I know this ignorant question has been asked repeatedly here on LP, but I have not found a response where someone claimed to have won.

I can tell you that thus far (with my new system...over the last 6 weeks) I have won 2nd prize (4 out of 5 and came very close to getting all 5...only two numbers off) from the big one.  If I had selected the number 18 instead of 20..I would have had it.  Last night, I had 3 of 5 on two games. 

Wheeling bothers me in that it limits you to a small portion of numbers.  If they do not come out, your screwed.  So regarding wheeling, I instead pick separate sets (groups of numbers and do some wheeling) as part of my plan.  I try to deal with the randomness of the way numbers come out. 

Kentucky
                United States
                Member #32652
                February 14, 2006
                5053 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2008, 11:30 am - IP Logged

I know this ignorant question has been asked repeatedly here on LP, but I have not found a response where someone claimed to have won.

I can tell you that thus far (with my new system...over the last 6 weeks) I have won 2nd prize (4 out of 5 and came very close to getting all 5...only two numbers off) from the big one.  If I had selected the number 18 instead of 20..I would have had it.  Last night, I had 3 of 5 on two games. 

Wheeling bothers me in that it limits you to a small portion of numbers.  If they do not come out, your screwed.  So regarding wheeling, I instead pick separate sets (groups of numbers and do some wheeling) as part of my plan.  I try to deal with the randomness of the way numbers come out. 

"I can tell you that thus far (with my new system...over the last 6 weeks) I have won 2nd prize (4 out of 5 and came very close to getting all 5...only two numbers off) from the big one."

If you hit four numbers in Pick-5, you were one number off. You probably had a reason to include the number 20 and when it didn't hit, a number 10 numbers off would have the same effect. 

"Wheeling bothers me in that it limits you to a small portion of numbers.  If they do not come out, your screwed."

I played a 3if5 of 15 wheel and trapped all 5 numbers and got exactly what the wheel guaranteed; one 3 out of 5 and I've caught 4 numbers in the same line playing a 3if4 wheel. It doesn't seem to make any sense getting a bigger win catching one number less, but that is what we have to consider before choosing which wheel to play. 

If you're getting 3 number hits and an occasional 4, you're on the right track and maybe next time 20 will hit instead of 18.

Wecome to LP!

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  5053 Posts
                  Posted: January 7, 2008, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I would like to point out that my system doesn't limit the wheeled numbers to (15), but with sum range filtering it accomplishes lowering the amount of wagered tickets to an affordable amount, positions the wagered numbers in a more favorable sum range for a potential win, and covers most of the entire set of numbers in the matrix.

The disturbing fact is, with all the comments regarding the lack of any viable system for pick 5 lotto here at LP, there isn't one comment or question regarding my system which I have taken the time presenting in detail for the benefit of all members up to and including the chief bottle washer.

Maybe thats the exact reason others with viable ideas haven't got the guts to venture out and present anything worthwhile here on LP!

Just an observation: the majority of pick-5 players on LP probably play Mega Millions or Powerball. And the few of us that do play games like Rolling Cash 5 or Fantasy 5 know we can't continue playing around $20 a day only catching 2 or 3 out of 5.

Some people want systems where you type in a group of results, hit enter, get 10 combinations, fill out a play slip, bet 10 bucks and collect the jackpot prize the next day. Anything short of that is too complicated for them so they don't ask any questions. The other day I saw a test in the systems forum that said "see if 1 of these 50 combinations in the pick-3 gets a box hit in the next 7 days". With 2 draws a day in Ohio, you would lose money getting 1 hit a day but after 1 hit in 3 days, everybody wants to know how they did that.

I guess what I'm saying is people want to look at list of 50 combinations and pick out 2 or 3 to play and not get any more complicated than that. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2008, 1:48 pm - IP Logged

With p5 games, you're looking at hundreds of thousands of combos or more. Any system sophisticated enough to whittle that down to a few hundred combos (or less) is going to be too sophisticated to explain in detail in a few paragraghs.

Most of the people clever enough to understand a full explanation will have their own systems. Most of the ones looking for a system will lack the patience to study one so complex.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4457 Posts
                      Posted: January 7, 2008, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

Not yet - but I'm trying!  Thumbs Up

I play the pick-5 game in FL, but since I play Lotto too, I've often skipped a few days to save money.  Sometimes I buy QPs and sometimes I play a combination I've picked. Had I played my numbers in March, I would have won about $100 getting 4 numbers, but the most I won in 2007 was $11 getting 3 numbers. I also got a few Free Ticket wins (2/5)  It's easy to say "if I had only...." but some nights I thought about changing my numbers by +1/-1 or +2/-2 and would have hit the jackpot.  In FL it averages $250,000, but sometimes several people win. Last night nobody won, so the jackpot rolled down. That's the only time 4/5 pays about $1,000, depending on the number of winners. The odds for Fantasy-5 here are about 1 in 376,000.   I'm not sure if there is a "system" because every time someone makes a suggestion, I see a different pattern entirely.  For example, last night the number 17-20-21-22-32 was drawn.  no single digits,  3 consecutive numbers and 4 of the 5 numbers were over 18 (this is a 36 number game)   Also, I've seen a lot of repeat numbers, not just 1 number, but often 2 repeat the next night.  Maybe there is a system or pattern and, as time*treat wrote, it's too complex to describe in a post.  Still, since there are so many QPs that win, even if a system is valid, one cannot deny that luck is the major factor in hitting any jackpot.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                        Member #13130
                        March 30, 2005
                        2171 Posts
                        Posted: January 7, 2008, 3:16 pm - IP Logged

36 choose 5 = 376,992 combos. One number will repeat the next day about half the time. Typically a pair of numbers will repeat within a week. Almost always within two weeks.

I think people get hung up on the idea that there is one all-encompassing-all-powerful-"formula" that wins all the time... and bakes cookies, too.Embarassed

My view is that what you are seeing is really multiple patterns that sometimes overlap, which causes you to notice the "others". Count by 4s or count by 7s, sometimes you get the same value. Just like the v-trac method and the tic-tac-toe method will no doubt pick the same winner on occasion. That doesn't mean you toss one out for the other or cram them together. It's just a coincident wave in the cycles.

With as many people as FL, there is plenty of chance for a QP to match the winner.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.Jester It spends the same.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                          Wandering Aimlessly
                          United States
                          Member #25360
                          November 5, 2005
                          4457 Posts
                          Posted: January 7, 2008, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

Let me just clarify - when I said the most I won was $11 getting 3/5, I meant that was the highest amount I won playing the game. (average win is $8 or $9)   I got 3 out of 5 a few times. Still, if I bet $1 a day every day for 365 days and won 5 or 6 times (about $50) I would still be down $315.  I don't think a Free Ticket counts, although it is a free bet.  It always gives you a QP even if you play your own numbers. So if you have a system, the Free Ticket would need to be included in it. (your system would have to include a QP once in a while) Yes, I know some LP members will tell me to spend $2 to get the EZ Match, but then I'd be spending twice as much. 

time*treat writes:  I think people get hung up on the idea that there is one all-encompassing-all-powerful-"formula" that wins all the time... and bakes cookies, too

I Agree!

However, may I please elaborate?  What is the definition of "system" is it doesn't work to get you to the end result?  Yes, in science and logic there are many theories, but they all form a conclusion.  In mathematics, the answer is an absolute.  No mathematician would say "I think that 12 squared is 144."  It is either true all the time or it isn't.  It can't be true just a teeny, tiny fraction of the time.  A prime number is always a prime number. It is now and it will be in a million years.  Let's take a simple, everyday example in engineering.  No matter which car you purchase or which engine is under the hood, eventually the vehicle will go from point A to point B.  If your car starts you out at point A (the Lottery retailer) but doesn't get you to point B (Lottery Headquarters) then it isn't a good car or even a reliable one.  Why is a system any different?

So when playing the lottery, if no one system works the majority of the time or, when it does, it only gets you a tiny fraction of the desired result, to me it is not a system. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            17441 Posts
                            Posted: January 7, 2008, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

LP members who win a jackpot are happy to announce it and usually back it up with some proof.  If you haven't found such an announcement then it probably because no one has won one in a while.

If your system is as good as you claim then you're wasting your time looking for something better here.  Continue during  what you're doing and when you win a jackpot let the rest of us know.

Good luck to you.

* Thoses who can, do * 
                            * thoses who can't, just talk *
                            Roll Eyes 

Long Island, NY
                              United States
                              Member #57412
                              January 3, 2008
                              399 Posts
                              Posted: January 7, 2008, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

I would like to think that I have lowered my odds by playing this new system/method/plan (call it what you will).  I have increased my winnings significantly.....thats a fact.   Coincidence? I played a strategic quick pick system (believe it or not) for years as well and rarely won anything.  Love to bore you with that silly strategy.

Numbers repeat the next day and sometimes two days later...sometimes as much as 10-12 days later.  You number crunchers are well aware of this and many other fun facts/observations.  I try to account for this in my number selection.

I don't want to start a big debate on statistics.  Seems alot of folks specialize (make a business) in "reporting statistics"...rather than providing answers/direction.

As I said, I don't expect anybody to follow my direction unless I have proven it works. I also woulnt buy anybodys system unless they proved "they themselves" won with it. 

I'll also know that luck will be one of the reasons for my success.  Can luck be manufactured?  Sort of...huh?