Welcome Guest
The time is now 3:21 am
You last visited July 22, 2014, 3:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Why the pool size 0-9?

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 1 year ago by adobea78.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #116348
September 8, 2011
2063 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2012, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I was at the library this afternoon reading about Linear algorithms related to RNG's. Trying to generate random events and testing is a  a difficult proposition , but on hunch , I said to myself ' why not reduced the SPACE ' where all events occurred?

P3/p4 games has a space of 0-9, try to reduce it to ' 0-6'  and treat it as  3 / 6 game with whatever parameters you have.This is just an ideal.

OKC,OK
    United States
    Member #120580
    December 22, 2011
    359 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2012, 12:52 pm - IP Logged

I was at the library this afternoon reading about Linear algorithms related to RNG's. Trying to generate random events and testing is a  a difficult proposition , but on hunch , I said to myself ' why not reduced the SPACE ' where all events occurred?

P3/p4 games has a space of 0-9, try to reduce it to ' 0-6'  and treat it as  3 / 6 game with whatever parameters you have.This is just an ideal.

If you reduce it to 0-6, you have to use the space of 0-6 and the digits 7,8,9 will not be in the game. I wish the lottery administattion do that;

they would bankrupt!! Would be great choosing 3 of of 7 digits!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      2890 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2012, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

If you reduce it to 0-6, you have to use the space of 0-6 and the digits 7,8,9 will not be in the game. I wish the lottery administattion do that;

Change the odds changes the prize ratio as well.  .50 Box would pay $17.50 and Straight $171.50 or something like that . . .

BobP

Kola's avatar - msq003
        Perpetual Newbie

United States
        Member #28945
        December 25, 2005
        1433 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2012, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

You can reduce the pool to '0 to 4' or '5 to 9'.

You mention that the Pick 3 game has a space of 0 - 9.  Physics happens to tell us that space and time is curved. Taken to its logical extension, we can say that in this Pick 3 world, the space of 0 - 9 is also curved. If the Pick 3 space is curved, it means that as you move from 0 to 9 you will be at the mirror opposite ends of this curved or rather circular space. If you arrange the digits from 0 to 9 on a circular number line from 0 to 9 you will have:

0 is opposite of 5:     0 = 5

1 is opposite of 6:     1 = 6

2 is opposite of 7:     2 = 7

3 is opposite of 8:     3 = 8

4 is opposite of 9:     4 = 9

These are the formally named "V-Tracs" or commonly named "mirrors" that are used all over the LP, and to me the simplistic conceptual proof above explains a little of why they can work well, depending on how their used of course. After you've worked within your pool of '0 to 4' or '5 to 9', and are ready to make your final picks, you can then do the mirror conversion necessary to account for all digits within the space of '0 to 9'

I don't know if you use mirrors, but there is much, much merit in them...Happy Explorations!

"Numbers Be True This Day"

Kola

According to Lottery Lore, there was only one riddled phrase found in the ancient Pick 3 Codex The Scroll of Harmony: "In the Beginning was the Point." The Lottery LoreKeepers then intuited the rest and charted the Point's evolution through TIME. "The point(1st draw) was born, began to grow, and in its adolescence became the line(2), knew young adulthood in the triangle (3), stable maturity by the square(4), older age as the pentagon(5), and embraced death in the hexagon(6). This is the numerical circle of lotterological life and it is Immutable; For as the Point seeds, flowers, and fruits, it is changed but essentially unchanged, forever rising in ReBirth (7)."

United States
          Member #116348
          September 8, 2011
          2063 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2012, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

You mention that the Pick 3 game has a space of 0 - 9.  Physics happens to tell us that space and time is curved. Taken to its logical extension, we can say that in this Pick 3 world, the space of 0 - 9 is also curved. If the Pick 3 space is curved, it means that as you move from 0 to 9 you will be at the mirror opposite ends of this curved or rather circular space. If you arrange the digits from 0 to 9 on a circular number line from 0 to 9 you will have:

These are the formally named "V-Tracs" or commonly named "mirrors" that are used all over the LP, and to me the simplistic conceptual proof above explains a little of why they can work well, depending on how their used of course. After you've worked within your pool of '0 to 4' or '5 to 9', and are ready to make your final picks, you can then do the mirror conversion necessary to account for all digits within the space of '0 to 9'

I don't know if you use mirrors, but there is much, much merit in them...Happy Explorations!

Kola

Thanks for  the info, at least you're not doubful  and sarcastic like Lp member above. Every ascertained fact  in all endeavors started with assumptions, I am aware of skewing the stats and skewing the probabilty, that's the precise ideal and is a thought put out there, but for someone to sneer with the satirical irony is unfortunate, I should have posted this in math forum, thanks for 'happy explorations', we all need it.

United States
            Member #116348
            September 8, 2011
            2063 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

why should 7,8,9 be in the game? Do you bet all the pool size when you play?, why do you pick a section of the pool for your combo? why do people play only straight bet? This just a thought. find a  formula  with  parameters(sums, vtrac, root etc etc) and turn 0-9 into 0-6 game. Try this  string $ 0262135124463535$ , reduce  string by digit, base on each draw  history, eg if draw was 134, string is reduced to $02625124463535$, say next draw is 133, reduced $026252446535$. The String pattern is very important, now do some testing till you hit at most four digits and see what happens, you got nothing to loose.

United States
              Member #116348
              September 8, 2011
              2063 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

Observe these predictions for 7 days for straight bets:

Ark:023-025-350-352

Conn: 244-246-462-464

DEL:513-515-355-351

Ga:242-244-514-516

FL:244-242-352-354

MD:461-463-134-135

SergeM's avatar - alas
                Economy class
                Belgium
                Member #123705
                February 27, 2012
                2724 Posts
                Posted: December 14, 2012, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

It wouldn't astonish me if randomness would prove itself wrong. Type

United States
                  Member #124498
                  March 14, 2012
                  7024 Posts
                  Posted: December 14, 2012, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

Kola

Hippy

Kola's avatar - msq003
                    Perpetual Newbie

United States
                    Member #28945
                    December 25, 2005
                    1433 Posts
                    Posted: December 15, 2012, 2:28 am - IP Logged

Hippy

Green laughYeah, I deserved that. I left some stuff out out my previous post, because I didn't want it to be too long. I made the jump from space and time being curved to the pick 3 being curved as well, without any kind of small explanation.

Roughly stated, the pick 3 is MATTER,  and because it is MATTER it is beholden to time and space like Everything Else in the visible universe from the living to the non-living. If Time and Space are curved,  the Pick 3, like everything else must display aspects of this curvature - this roundness - in varying ways. Curvature in humans may be displayed by the "holes" on our bodies from our eyes, ears, mouth, and etc...Or by the round tubes in us from our blood vessels to our intestines and the "roundness" of our biological cycles like our sleep-wake, and menstruation cycles. How about our thoughts, which can go round and round as 95% of the things we thought yesterday we think again today ? What about the curved nature of history in general, because it is after all often repeated? The same goes for the Pick 3 history.

The biggest wheel that I can imagine is the earth curving and wheeling around the sun, and if you scale up you find that the solar system, galaxy and then the universe are un-erringly curving, and revolving around a Center Mass of energy as well...These Macro-curved cycles are the largest objects in the visible universe and even they are swayed by space and time and compelled to curve.  How much more the Pick 3? Is it not on the earth and thus entrained by it? And so it goes that the shape(form) and function of the Pick 3 is curved - is circular This is partly why I used the concept of "mirror and V-trac" in my previous post to highlight the merit of 'folding time and space' -  folding the Pick 3.

If we can literally incorporate some of these ideas in our  lottery systems in uncomplicated and simple ways, I trust it would be a huge boon.  Happy Explorations LottoBoner!

"NUmbers Be True This Day"

Kola

According to Lottery Lore, there was only one riddled phrase found in the ancient Pick 3 Codex The Scroll of Harmony: "In the Beginning was the Point." The Lottery LoreKeepers then intuited the rest and charted the Point's evolution through TIME. "The point(1st draw) was born, began to grow, and in its adolescence became the line(2), knew young adulthood in the triangle (3), stable maturity by the square(4), older age as the pentagon(5), and embraced death in the hexagon(6). This is the numerical circle of lotterological life and it is Immutable; For as the Point seeds, flowers, and fruits, it is changed but essentially unchanged, forever rising in ReBirth (7)."

OKC,OK
                      United States
                      Member #120580
                      December 22, 2011
                      359 Posts
                      Posted: December 15, 2012, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Adobea, i PM you my apologies. Once again i apologize, we all do mistakes, i do NOT mean to hurt your feeling.

We are NOT here to make enemies, we all are here to find a way to make extra cash beside our daily jobs.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

United States
                        Member #124498
                        March 14, 2012
                        7024 Posts
                        Posted: December 15, 2012, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Green laughYeah, I deserved that. I left some stuff out out my previous post, because I didn't want it to be too long. I made the jump from space and time being curved to the pick 3 being curved as well, without any kind of small explanation.

Roughly stated, the pick 3 is MATTER,  and because it is MATTER it is beholden to time and space like Everything Else in the visible universe from the living to the non-living. If Time and Space are curved,  the Pick 3, like everything else must display aspects of this curvature - this roundness - in varying ways. Curvature in humans may be displayed by the "holes" on our bodies from our eyes, ears, mouth, and etc...Or by the round tubes in us from our blood vessels to our intestines and the "roundness" of our biological cycles like our sleep-wake, and menstruation cycles. How about our thoughts, which can go round and round as 95% of the things we thought yesterday we think again today ? What about the curved nature of history in general, because it is after all often repeated? The same goes for the Pick 3 history.

The biggest wheel that I can imagine is the earth curving and wheeling around the sun, and if you scale up you find that the solar system, galaxy and then the universe are un-erringly curving, and revolving around a Center Mass of energy as well...These Macro-curved cycles are the largest objects in the visible universe and even they are swayed by space and time and compelled to curve.  How much more the Pick 3? Is it not on the earth and thus entrained by it? And so it goes that the shape(form) and function of the Pick 3 is curved - is circular This is partly why I used the concept of "mirror and V-trac" in my previous post to highlight the merit of 'folding time and space' -  folding the Pick 3.

If we can literally incorporate some of these ideas in our  lottery systems in uncomplicated and simple ways, I trust it would be a huge boon.  Happy Explorations LottoBoner!

"NUmbers Be True This Day"

Kola

HippyConeheadHippyStretchHippyIdeaHippyHiding Behind ComputerHippySun SmileyHippyCheers

United States
                          Member #116348
                          September 8, 2011
                          2063 Posts
                          Posted: December 15, 2012, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Adobea, i PM you my apologies. Once again i apologize, we all do mistakes, i do NOT mean to hurt your feeling.

We are NOT here to make enemies, we all are here to find a way to make extra cash beside our daily jobs.

You're cool, wasn't refering to you but to Lp member  telling me to change 'payout'  and the 'odds' also. The human brain tend to crave for complexity when simplicity is close-by, some do it to for ego-boasting.

Kola's avatar - msq003
                            Perpetual Newbie

United States
                            Member #28945
                            December 25, 2005
                            1433 Posts
                            Posted: December 15, 2012, 3:45 pm - IP Logged

HippyConeheadHippyStretchHippyIdeaHippyHiding Behind ComputerHippySun SmileyHippyCheers

Quite pretty!

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                              Texas
                              United States
                              Member #86155
                              January 30, 2010
                              1387 Posts
                              Posted: December 16, 2012, 11:54 am - IP Logged

adobea, you're on the right track with your thinking here. This game is all about which paramaters you combine your numbers around for a given win. I encourage you to pay attention to the formats very closely and go from there.

L.L.

Consistently Affeering Simple Hits

Mathematical Oblectation Noegenisis  Exercitation  Yare

Parvenu Autarkic Impavid Delectatio

Paideutic Revie Officialism Factive Iwis Tendentious