Welcome Guest
The time is now 9:03 pm
You last visited July 25, 2014, 9:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Windows Phone and Tablet support is here

Topic closed. 35 replies. Last post 2 years ago by J296133b.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
21441 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2013, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I am happy to announce that the update has been installed.  There were a few unexpected issues encountered after installing it, so a couple of tweaks later, it's finally ready and the site should be stable now.

The major updates are Windows Phone support and proper menu support for all Windows Phone, Windows RT, and Windows 8 touchscreen devices.  But there were a number of other improvements as well.

From a technology point of view, it is quite a major update, and the focus of the update (mainly on smartphones and tablets) reflects the fact that the amount of traffic from premium mobile devices has skyrocketed.  Developing a web site for a mobile device is very different from regular web site development for desktop computers — and creating one web site that works perfectly for both types of devices can be extremely complex.  It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right.

A list of the changes can be found in the Change Log.

One previously-unannounced change is the addition of Blackberry support to the premium mobile site, in addition to the announced Windows Phone support.  The new archiecture I built for the premium mobile site makes it much easier for me to add new platforms, so I was able to do it in the past week.

However, since I am at the moment a bit light on Blackberry testing devices, I am relying on Blackberry users to report any problems you might experience.

For that matter, anyone experiencing problems at this point, feel free to send me problem reports through a private message, through e-mail, or on this thread.  Since there were a lot of underlying changes, it's possible I missed something during testing.  So don't be shy about letting me know.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #116272
    September 7, 2011
    20244 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2013, 11:00 am - IP Logged

I will avoid the lottery insanity, I will get a Windows Phone someday..........

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      28347 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2013, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

I am happy to announce that the update has been installed.  There were a few unexpected issues encountered after installing it, so a couple of tweaks later, it's finally ready and the site should be stable now.

The major updates are Windows Phone support and proper menu support for all Windows Phone, Windows RT, and Windows 8 touchscreen devices.  But there were a number of other improvements as well.

From a technology point of view, it is quite a major update, and the focus of the update (mainly on smartphones and tablets) reflects the fact that the amount of traffic from premium mobile devices has skyrocketed.  Developing a web site for a mobile device is very different from regular web site development for desktop computers — and creating one web site that works perfectly for both types of devices can be extremely complex.  It takes a lot of trial and error to get it right.

One previously-unannounced change is the addition of Blackberry support to the premium mobile site, in addition to the announced Windows Phone support.  The new archiecture I built for the premium mobile site makes it much easier for me to add new platforms, so I was able to do it in the past week.

However, since I am at the moment a bit light on Blackberry testing devices, I am relying on Blackberry users to report any problems you might experience.

For that matter, anyone experiencing problems at this point, feel free to send me problem reports through a private message, through e-mail, or on this thread.  Since there were a lot of underlying changes, it's possible I missed something during testing.  So don't be shy about letting me know.

Thanks Todd I am good to go!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

HittingInTheAtl's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
        Atlanta, Georgia
        United States
        Member #82469
        November 14, 2009
        3150 Posts
        Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

As you continue to tweak your system and make it more user friendly for android users, it would be nice if you had a direct link to the pick3 and pick4 forums as opposed to having to go to the main menu and then use the drop down menu.

"If it's meant to be.  It will be." 

United States
          Member #124498
          March 14, 2012
          7024 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2013, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

Some things just don't get along... You and, "tech stuff/talk" I imagine?

Ever since i decided to be class clown, instead of passing my Basic class, my tech stuff/talk (computereez) has been a downward spiral. However i do know where the home keys are without looking.Conehead

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            21441 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2013, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Todd,

As you continue to tweak your system and make it more user friendly for android users, it would be nice if you had a direct link to the pick3 and pick4 forums as opposed to having to go to the main menu and then use the drop down menu.

Just create a bookmark in your Android browser.  To completely bypass the mobile site and go straight to the forum page, add ?m=mainsite to the bookmark URL.

For example, for the Pick 3 forum, bookmark the following URL:

http://www.lotterypost.com/forum/3?m=mainsite

HittingInTheAtl's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
              Atlanta, Georgia
              United States
              Member #82469
              November 14, 2009
              3150 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2013, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Just create a bookmark in your Android browser.  To completely bypass the mobile site and go straight to the forum page, add ?m=mainsite to the bookmark URL.

For example, for the Pick 3 forum, bookmark the following URL:

http://www.lotterypost.com/forum/3?m=mainsite

Thanks.  That was a big help.

"If it's meant to be.  It will be." 

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                5214 Posts
                Posted: January 3, 2013, 3:58 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd....Thumbs Up

I Love Pink & Green 1908

Ness711's avatar - Lottery-019.jpg
                  Brooklyn,NY
                  United States
                  Member #106328
                  February 17, 2011
                  2193 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2013, 6:52 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd

Glad that you are enjoying your new HTC windows 8 phone. I currently have the nokia lumia 920 which is also a great phone. I had the HTC HD-7 phone also which work great with the LP site. I notice when I used the HD-7  I was able go to the page tab and select the individual pages. With the windows 8 version when I click on the tab nothing happens. Everything else works just find. I find this to be an issue since you can pin the last page that view to your start screen the refer back to it for updates during the day.

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    21441 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2013, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd

Glad that you are enjoying your new HTC windows 8 phone. I currently have the nokia lumia 920 which is also a great phone. I had the HTC HD-7 phone also which work great with the LP site. I notice when I used the HD-7  I was able go to the page tab and select the individual pages. With the windows 8 version when I click on the tab nothing happens. Everything else works just find. I find this to be an issue since you can pin the last page that view to your start screen the refer back to it for updates during the day.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "page tab".  Is that a Windows Phone feature you're talking about?  Could Microsoft have changed the way it works in Windows Phone 8?

Brooklyn,NY
                      United States
                      Member #106328
                      February 17, 2011
                      2193 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2013, 8:35 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure what you mean by the "page tab".  Is that a Windows Phone feature you're talking about?  Could Microsoft have changed the way it works in Windows Phone 8?

Hey Todd,  I couldn't  copy the whole thing but bottom of each page you have a downward arrow which you click on then you could select specific page. It might have to do with the update from windows 7 to  windows 8. not sure but it was useful feature.

Page 2 of 2
                        Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        21441 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2013, 8:40 am - IP Logged

Hey Todd,  I couldn't  copy the whole thing but bottom of each page you have a downward arrow which you click on then you could select specific page. It might have to do with the update from windows 7 to  windows 8. not sure but it was useful feature.

Page 2 of 2

OK, now I see what you mean.  I'll check it out, thanks.

Chief Bottle Washer
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #1
                          May 31, 2000
                          21441 Posts
                          Posted: January 3, 2013, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Page 2 of 2

OK, this issue should be fixed now.  The page selector was actually being displayed, but the Windows Phone has a bug that caused it to be displayed off-screen.  I worked around the bug and hopefully it is now working for all devices (including Windows Phone).

Also, I found a completely different bug that prevented the countdown timers from working on the results pages, so I fixed that too.

Brooklyn,NY
                            United States
                            Member #106328
                            February 17, 2011
                            2193 Posts
                            Posted: January 3, 2013, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd for your quick response to this matter. I greatly appreciated it.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg
                              Ohio
                              United States
                              Member #49980
                              February 21, 2007
                              28347 Posts
                              Posted: January 3, 2013, 6:32 pm - IP Logged

Oh Todd, you are so Smart It is Fixed!!!I Agree!I Agree!I Agree!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.