Coin Toss's Blog
- Coin Toss's Blog has 463 entries (0 private) and has been viewed 340,884 times.
- Lottery Post members have made 1490 comments in Coin Toss's Blog.
- Coin Toss is a Gold member
July 14, 2014, 12:51 amBoat People- 2104
The U.S. Navy intercepted a boatload of people off of the coast of CALIFORNIA today.
This placed the Navy in an awkward position, as the boat was not heading to, but away from the USA, towards Mexico.
Another surprise finding was that they were loaded with White Americans who were all seniors of Retirement / Social Security age.
Their claim was that they were trying to get to Mexico so as to be able to return to the USA as illegal immigrants.
And therefore be entitled to far more benefits than they were receiving as legitimate American Citizens on Social Security.
The Navy, it is believed, gave them food, water and fuel and assisted them on their journey.
We are booking on the next boat out.
Let me know if you want to come.
July 11, 2014, 7:30 pmThe IRS Rewrites the Odds
The IRS Rewrites the Odds.
The odds of winning the Florida lottery are 1 in 22,957,480.
The odds of winning the Powerball is 1 in 175,223,510.
The odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 258,890,850.
The odds of a disk drive failing in any given month are roughly one in 36. The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300. The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656.
The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month (like what happened at the IRS when they received a letter asking about emails targeting conservative and pro Israeli groups) is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096. (that's over 78 Billion) In other words, the odds are greater that you will win the Florida Lottery 342 times than having those seven IRS hard drives crashing in the same month.
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Last Edited: July 11, 2014, 7:32 pm
July 1, 2014, 12:50 amPresident Obama, Say Something
From a Stand for Israel blog:
President Obama, Say Something
As the mothers of Eyal, Gilad, and Naftali � the three kidnapped Israeli teens � stand strong as the IDF searches for their sons, very few can understand the pain and uncertainty these three women must be feeling. One woman who can relate, however, is Sherri Mandell. Sherri's son Koby was stabbed and stoned to death in 2001 by Palestinian terrorists. Koby was a dual citizen of Israel and the United States, and his murder led to what was supposed to be a crackdown on terrorism. However, Ms. Mandell wonders in The Times of Israel, why isn't President Obama speaking out about these three Israeli boys taken by terrorists?
Yet the Koby Mandell Act promised that the US government would vigorously pursue the killers of American citizens, including those killed in Israel. So far, not one of them has been brought to justice with the help of the American government ...
With these lofty goals, you would think that there would be a picture or at least a mention of Naftali on the website. Or a mention of Koby. Or of the many Americans citizens killed by Palestinian terrorists in Israel. But when it comes to Americans who are the victims of Palestinian terrorism, the Justice Department, like the President remains silent.
Author: Stand For Israel | June 27, 2014
Posted in: Terrorism, US-Israel relations
Read more: http://www.blog.standforisrael.org/articles/president-obama-say-something#ixzz36BnAucAH
June 27, 2014, 6:59 pmLiberal Logic
Liberal logic is a term used to describe arguments made by some liberals that may appear logical, but are actually nonsensical. Here are more than 100 examples:
1. No matter what happens in the weather, global warming must have caused it
2. Insist on "tolerance" for anything that is anti-Christian, while promoting censorship for anything which is Christian
3. If a crime is committed against a member of a predominantly Democratic group, then it's a hate crime; if committed against a member of a mostly Republican group, then it is not
4. Claim something is true merely because a (nearly bankrupt) newspaper said so (see appeal to authority)
5. Obama, whose statements and activities are Islamic and does not attend church, is somehow a Christian while Thomas Jefferson, a regular churchgoer, was not
6. Assuming what is to be proved, as in implausibly assuming that radioactive decay has somehow been constant in order to claim that the Earth is old.
7. Claim that liberals' viewpoints are being censored, while actually they are the ones censoring their opponents
8. Claim that switching from heterosexual to homosexual is customary, but switching back is somehow impossible
9. Insist that someone needs to experience something (e.g., drugs, pornography, gambling, etc.) before being able to criticize it
10. Pretend to base their opinion on an unverifiable or unusual personal experience, when real logic would be a better guide
11. Criticize Christians for literal interpretations of Genesis, but then insist on even more literal interpretations when it suits the liberal ideology
12. Belief that a correlation and/or causation (e.g., between atheism and suicide) can be disproved by a counterexample (e.g., one atheist who remained sane)
13. Responding to a logical comment or question with an (illogical) expression of personal like or dislike, as in "but I like it!"
14. Never admitting shame for liberal behavior, but often telling others they should be ashamed of themselves.
15. Circular reasoning as in demanding censorship of creation science and intelligent design in schools and scientific journals, while simultaneously citing the resulting lack of those views in schools and journals as proof against it!
16. Americans should "move on" past the misconduct of Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy, but should dig up as much old dirt as possible about Republican candidates
17. Highly implausible assumptions in "if ... then" arguments, such as "if embryonic stem cell research will find the cure for paralysis, then would you support it?" (without any consideration of superior alternatives)
18. Barack Obama on Afghanistan: with fewer soldiers, we didn't have enough ammo and humvees!
19. Free speech for anything and everything ... except the conservative truth, and religion.
20. Insisting that the Bible literally prohibits judging anything.
21. Hollywood promotion of abortion is welcomed, but views of Hollywood actresses towards their own children are concealed
22. The belief that, although carrying an unborn child to birth reduces risk of breast cancer, choosing abortion rather than childbirth somehow does not increase the relative risk.
23. Requesting increased spending by government to reduce poverty, when actually poverty is increased by the dependency
24. Claiming that an atheistic culture cannot harm anyone, but also insisting that classroom prayer can cause harm
25. Claiming that teaching abstinence does not reduce premarital sex and associated disease
26. Claiming that premarital sex is acceptable and normal.
27. Claiming that increasing taxes must increase government revenue, when often people just work less and revenues then decline.
28. Denying that widespread ownership of guns, largely defensive weapons, can reduce crime.
29. Claiming that Roe v. Wade cannot be overruled, or can only be overruled if it is a unanimous 9-0 vote (this argument tries to make irreversible law out of the dicta in a weak majority opinion in Planned Parenthood v. Casey, even though the very creation of that "secret opinion" was procured by liberal deceit.)
30. Doing away with traditional language (such as "he" to refer to men and women), despite centuries of previous use.
31. Claiming that getting rid of a sadistic dictator by going into Iraq was wrong but stepping into Sudan is not.
32. Believing/claiming that the United Nations is better suited to judge and direct a country's actions rather than the country itself.
33. It is a right to dissent against American policy but never take a stand if that logic moves beyond dissent and becomes treason.
34. Stating "God of the gaps" to justify atheism
35. Claiming that the "wondrous, pristine national park of ANWR needs protection to keep its beauty!" (In reality, it is but a remote barren tundra that few visit.)
36. Claiming that it's not fair to the world that America keeps the thermostat at 72 degrees at all times.
37. Using a double-standard for racism and sexism when the target person is conservative.
38. Claiming that it is extremely offensive to call any culture primitive or barbaric, except when they are talking about the writers of the Bible.
39. Many liberals claim that even if Obama wasn't born in America then he should still be president.
40. Claiming that divine creation is "illogical" but creation from a spontaneous explosion of absolutely nothing at all "makes perfect sense."
41. Failing to respect (and sometimes utterly disrespecting, such as in flag desecration) the United States of America in general while continuing their residency herein and actively demanding the benefits and liberties that come with being a citizen.
42. Claiming that Christianity is not a form of diversity while praising Islam for this same reason. Later (whenever it benefits them), liberals will compare the two, claiming that few differences exist between them.
43. Dodging statistics when doing so will favor the liberal agenda. A clear example of this is claiming that capital punishment is too expensive to taxpayers while they allow illegal immigrants to fly under the radar.
44. Cherry picking democracy: Liberals will laud the wisdom of the people when democracy produces a liberal result, but when it produces a conservative result, liberals will complain about mobocracy and demand judicial activism.
45. Assuming that any book espousing a liberal position is automatically authoritative and unquestionable.
46. Misplacing the burden of proof: Liberals insist that things like reports of extraterrestrial visitors have to be true until they have been conclusively disproved.
47. Claiming that the First Amendment protects only expression that they like, whereas any expression that offends them is subject to politically correct censorship.
48. Arguing that an opponent is inconsistent because he does not take silly extreme views, such as complaining that people are pro-life without preserving life in all circumstances.
49. Tacitly assuming that their preconceived notions must be true and then dismissing all other explanations as contradicting their preconceived notions.
50.That a nation can borrow its way out of debt and spend its way out of a recession.
51.Claiming that economy is a zero-sum game (see false zero-sum game)
52.Defending evolutionism by attacking a straw-man version of creationism rather than addressing what creationists actually say.
53. Liberals claim that they value freedom and at the same time want to restrict freedom to own weapons.
54.Claim that if God exists he demands a designer. Yet at the same time claim that the universe can be self-existing.
55.Claim that the AIDS epidemic is due to prejudice against homosexuals, rather than the dangers associated with the homosexual lifestyle.
56.Paying full attention to pedophiles in the Catholic Church, whilst completely ignoring pedophiles in the homosexual community.
57.Claiming that legalization of recreational drugs will reduce crime.
58.Denying that Hitler's evolutionary belief played a part in the Holocaust
59.Ranting about racism in the Republican party whilst ignoring the more prominent racism made by Democrats.
60.Claim that liberal secular bias in the media is a right-wing conspiracy.
61.Claim that atheism is not a religion
62.Claims that the Bible and prayer should be banned in within education in the name of 'Separation of Church and State' whilst preaching for state-sanctioned atheism.
63.Claims that Separation of Church and State is found in the constitution. When in fact it is only found in a letter from Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists in 1802.
64.Claim that homosexuality is genetically inherited.
65.Believe fervently in bogus homosexual statistics e.g. 'out of every two men, three were gay.'
66.Claim that domestic violence is due to patriarchy rather than drunkenness or simple anger.
67.Focus entirely on child abuse within private homes, whilst ignoring child abuse and severe neglect in state-funded orphanages.
68.Argue that illegal immigrants deserve more rights than locals.
69.Argue that crime is caused by poverty and social injustice, rather than bad parenting or the choice of the criminal.
70.Claim that the idea of happy marriages is na�ve, without mentioning the same idea to homosexuals.
71.Label evolution scientific and creationism as faith. When in fact both evolution and creation are beliefs as they require the person to believe in one or the other.
72.Label Christians as bigoted whilst ignoring the sheer intolerance homosexuals and pro-abortionists have to Christians.
73.Claiming atheists are somehow more intelligent than theists.
74.Argue that the Iraq War was all George Bush's idea whilst denying the fact that 111 Democrats voted in favor of the Iraq War.
75.Condemn hunters for shooting defenseless animals whilst encouraging pregnant women to have their even more defenseless children murdered by abortion.
76.Declaring satire against Islam and homosexuality as outrageous. Whilst ignoring or even tolerating satire against Christianity.
77.Denying the harm associated with participating in Black Magic.
78.Exaggerate the numbers of homosexuals and atheists, whilst understate or completely ignore the respectable number of Christians throughout the world.
79.Claim that natural gender roles and gender differences are 'socially constructed.'
80.Claim that humans are related to animals and plants instead of being created in the image of the Lord God Almighty.
81.Claim that liberalism is democratic but in practice referendums on same-sex marriage and capital punishment are prohibited as it is widely known that the opinion of majority disagrees with the liberals.
82.Believe that the opinion of a 'persecuted' minority such as homosexuals or drug-addicts are more important than the opinions of the majority.
83.Whenever crime increases, the laws need to be softened rather than hardened or maintained as they are.
84.Claim that evolution in the modern world is only opposed by a minority of 'Christian fundamentalists'. In fact, poll after poll has found that over 40% of Americans believe in Young Earth Creationism.
85.When there are terrorist attacks, America's foreign policy is to blame rather than the terrorists themselves
86.Declare all military violence outrageous, whilst proclaiming that civilian rioting and violence from 'pacifists' is their right.
87.Dismiss social campaigners such as Mary Whitehouse as lunatics, despite their arguments for acting against the problems being reasonable.
88.Dismiss wealth made by a conservative shameful, whilst tolerating wealth made by liberals regardless of whether or not it was done legally.
89.Focus purely on rehabilitating criminals, whilst neglecting the rights of the victims.
90.Dismiss mainstream religion as 'superstitious', but the same label is not applied to easily refutable theories such as evolution or even beliefs in UFOs.
91.Denial the scientific value contained in the Bible (Such as the Bible claiming the Earth is round before man discovered the fact).
92.Throw a severe tantrum whenever conservatives contradict liberalism with strong logical arguments, rather than use a calm logical argument in reply or accept the conservative's evidence.
93.Claim that conservatives and Christians are 'sexist' just for standing up for traditional womanhood, without admitting clearly offensive sexism made towards women who disagree with liberalism.
94.Use unnecessarily complex language to make liberals appear more intelligent than conservatives or to avoid admitting errors.
95.Claim that people who did not vote for Obama were racist, when in fact there are wide range of factors for not voting for Obama nor the party he represents.
96.Rejection of familiar language for the sake of liberal ideology, for example removal of the words mom and dad for sake of homosexual foster parents.
97.Claim that religion and science are supposed to be two separate realities, but in fact there continues to be many scientific arguments for God's existence and many great scientists had a devout faith in the Lord God.
98.Claim that Christmas and Easter Sunday are just random days for wild parties rather than a special dedication to Jesus Christ.
99.Claim that liberals and secularists have a better tendency to liberate society more, when in fact the worse crimes against humanity were committed by atheist socialists and great events of liberation such as the abolition of slavery were led by Christian conservatives.
100.Claim that labeling terrorists as evil is 'down to their opinion', whilst labeling Christianity as evil is absolutely correct.
101.Claim that population control is needed to settle down the growing population worldwide, but in fact this is plain propaganda and the twice the amount of the population of 6 billion can fit into Jacksonville, Florida as it contains over 25 billion square feet.
102.Teenagers are too young to access guns so they can defend themselves but they're never too young to have an abortion
103.Hippies, unions and Occupy Wall Street whose messages are intimidating and sometimes violent are heroes, but pro lifers are dangerous extremists (the latter idea is silly because only 7 murders by pro lifers have been made in the years since Roe v Wade. Most of these actions are opposed by pro lifers.
104.Animals and trees are precious whilst the unborn are just blobs of tissue.
105.A conservative who oppose same sex marriage is a bigot, but a liberal believing in the same way (such as Hillary Clinton) is not
106.The constitution explicitly guarantees the right to abortion, but not a handgun
107.There is subtle racism in campaign ads but nothing racist about affirmative action which puts blacks ahead of whites regardless of merit.
108.Protesting against abortion is extremism but allowing hateful messages at military funerals is free speech.
Last Edited: June 27, 2014, 7:00 pm
June 22, 2014, 7:48 pmGreat little civics test
A Tough Test
This is not supposed to be an easy one. The website reports that average score was 49% and college professors average about 55%.
There are only 33 Questions.
June 21, 2014, 12:40 amhearsetrax, this one's for you!
Last Edited: June 21, 2014, 12:41 am
June 18, 2014, 10:49 amNBC - Jay Leno, Bush, and Obama
Of course NBC was on board when Jay Leno went after Republican George W. Bush every night for eight years, but they couldn't stomach the fact that Leno's jokes about Obama were always right on target about the first black president. And left-leaning Democrat executives at NBC were being harassed by Obama himself who thought the comedy was a racist attack on him.
GOLDEN OLDIES FROM JAY:
"I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don't want to get audited by the IRS."
On NSA surveillance: "We wanted a president who listens to all Americans -- now we have one."
On a new IRS commissioner: "He's called 'acting commissioner' because he has to act like the scandal doesn't involve the White House."
On closing the Guantanamo prison for terrorists: "If he really wants to close it, turn it into a government-funded solar power company. The doors will be shut in a month."
Concerning the Benghazi, Associated Press, and IRS scandals: "Remember in the old days when President Obama's biggest embarrassment was Joe Biden?"
On Obama saying he didn't know about the IRS scandal: "He was too busy not knowing anything about Benghazi to not know anything about the IRS."
"The White House has a new slogan about Benghazi: Hope, and change the subject."
"It's casual Friday, which means that at the White House, they're casually going through everybody's phone calls and records."
"It is not looking good for President Obama. Today his teleprompter took the fifth."
"Fox News has changed its slogan from 'Fair and Balanced' to 'See, I told you so!'"
On Obama's commencement address: "He told the young graduates their future is bright unless, of course, they want jobs."
On a Chicago man who set a record for riding a Ferris wheel: "The only other way to go around and around in a circle that many times is to read the official report on Benghazi."
On White House claims of ignorance on the scandals: "They took 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' out of the Pentagon and moved it into the White House."
"These White House scandals are not going away anytime soon. It's gotten so bad that People in Kenya are now saying he's 100 percent American."
June 17, 2014, 12:10 amAbsurd Conclusions
Subject: Absurd Conclusions?
Today I swung my front door wide open and placed my Remington 30.06
right in my doorway. I left 5 cartridges beside it, then left it alone
and went about my business. While I was gone, the mailman delivered my
mail, the neighbor boy across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked
her dog down the street, and quite a few cars stopped at the stop sign
near the front of our house. After about an hour, I checked on the
gun. It was still sitting there, right where I had left it. It hadn't
moved itself outside. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the
numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it
hadn't even loaded itself. Well you can imagine my surprise, with all
the media hype about how dangerous guns are and how they kill people.
Either the media is wrong or I'm in possession of the laziest gun in
The United States is 3rd in Murders throughout the World. But if you
take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC and New Orleans, the United
States is 4th from the bottom for Murders. These 4 Cities also have
the toughest Gun Control Laws in the United States. All 4 are
controlled by Democrats.
It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data, right?
Well, I'm off to check on my spoons.
I hear they're making people fat.
Last Edited: June 17, 2014, 12:13 am
June 14, 2014, 12:09 amOne of obama's released terrorists played key role in 911
One of obama's released terrorists played key role in 9/11
Last Edited: June 14, 2014, 12:11 am
June 11, 2014, 7:28 pmThings were so bad...
Comedian Conan O'Brien: "In a new interview, Hillary Clinton said that she and her husband were dead broke when they left the White House. Hillary said things were so bad the two of them had to share a bedroom."
June 3, 2014, 11:18 amObama wants $1.4 billion to help illegals entering US
He really hates this country.
Last Edited: June 3, 2014, 11:18 am
June 3, 2014, 1:15 amSix trivia questions for all Americans
Six trivia questions to see how much history you really know. Be honest, it's kinda fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer make your best guess.
Who said it?
1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility, for shared prosperity."
C. Idi Amin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
3) "(We).....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."
A. Nikita Khrushev
B. Josef Goebbels
C. Boris Yeltsin
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."
A. Mao Tse Tung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."
A. Karl Marx
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."
C. Saddam Hussein
D. Barack Obama
E. None of the above
Scroll down for the answers
(1) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton
(2) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton on
(3) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton on 6/4/2007
(4) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton on 6/4/2007
(5) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton on 6/4/2007
(6) E. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton on 9/2/2005
Want to know something scary?
She may be the next president, if you don't forward this to everyone you know.
June 2, 2014, 10:58 amPrisoners released from GITMO will rejoin battle
If the American soldier that was released in a swap for these five guys is truly a traitor (and it looks like it), way to go obummer.
June 2, 2014, 12:20 amRe: Freed US soldier
This was a forward from someone who was or still is there:
There is no mystery to the brother's in arms he deserted."Forwarded from Jeff Howard.
"We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard. Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to "walk the earth" and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little "out there". Next morning he's gone. We search everywhere, and can't find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife. We find some afghan kids shortly after who saw an American walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban... to join them. We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that's what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy.
News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him. PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him. His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities. The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban.
They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don't know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don't know the truth. Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his "capture". If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did. Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday."
Last Edited: June 2, 2014, 12:40 am
May 27, 2014, 12:06 amThis one is very moving...
Last Edited: May 27, 2014, 12:09 am