Do you remember that time, some 3 years ago, when we went through that long and tedious process of recalling the previous governor, and reasons why we did that?
Do you remember the terrible economic conditions we had that led to this historic recall?
Our state was more than $27 BILLION IN DEBT, workers' compensation rates were rising dramatically, businesses were leaving California, and our vehicle tax had just tripled - just to name a few.
As of today, let us look at what our present governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger, has accomplished in so short a time:
- Repealed the unfair tripling of the car tax that penalized you and I - hardworking Californians for the mistakes of politicians
- Repealed the law which gave driver licenses to illegal immigrants
- Reformed our workers' compensation system that will fight fraud, save businesses billions of dollars and protect injured workers
- Passed 2 state budgets with no tax increases (and he is on track to pass a third)
- Defeated a number of special interest ballot initiatives that would have raised taxes, hurt businesses, watered own the 3-Strikes Law, and undercut his ability to control growth of gambling throughout California
Yes, all these were done in just 3 short years. And there is much more:
- 500,000 new jobs created
- $17.4 BILLION increase in state revenue, all without raising taxes.
To me, all of the above are good enough reasons to RE-ELECT SCHWARZENEGGER, but there is more, which I will share with you next time...