I have just received my absentee ballot. We are now in that time when we are given the chance to exercise our right to vote. Please take the time to vote. We all are in this together. If you don't vote, then you should not complain how our government is doing.
No matter whom you're voting for, please vote. For me, my guiding requirement on whom to vote for is DD. Who is DRIVEN, and who can DELIVER. Someone who can GET THINGS DONE. Someone who LISTENS. Less talk, more action.
I am re-electing Schwarzenegger for Governor. He is DRIVEN. He has delivered, he gets things done, and he listens. For example, Governor Schwarzenegger has effectively worked to bring more of our federal tax dollars home to California.
- Governor Schwarzenegger brought home $28.22 Billion in transportation funding through 2010.
- Governor Schwarzenegger won $28.4 Billion for the safety net hospital system, providing care for Medi-Cal beneficiaries and the uninsured.
- Governor Schwarzenegger won $395 Million worth of continued federal support for the important CALFED water program.
- Even before Hurricane Katrina illustrated the devastation caused by failed levees, Governor Schwarzenegger secured $40.9 Million for levee and flood-control work.
- Governor Schwarzenegger won additional money increasing the amount of federal money spent on the states's transportation projects by 30 %.
Friends, next time you drive through our towns and cities, take a moment to notice the miles and miles of roads and bridges being re-built and expanded. Take a moment to notice that our environment is a little cleaner. We are not yet there, but it is a good start. Less talk, more action!
Before I close, I want to mention a few of what Governor Schwarzenegger has done to make California safer:
- The Governor established the State Terrorism Threat Assessment Center to streamline information-sharing between federal and state law enforcement.
- The Governor allocated Homeland Security funds to strengthen security at eleven key California ports.
- The Governor proposed the landmark Jessica's Law to toughen regulations regarding convicted sex offenders.
There are much, much more accomplishments already done, and more to come. I invite you to join with us to VICTORY!