Lotteries or lotto’s are a game of chance, whichever numbers you choose, they all have an equal chance of being the winning numbers. However, if you avoid picking numbers that many other people pick, you can significantly increase your winnings when the correct balls do appear.
Our top lottery tips here tell you how to do just that by sharing the prize with fewer people. All too often the jackpot prize is shared between many people who picked the same winning numbers. You can avoid or minimize this happening to you.
Try to make sure that you pick different combinations of numbers, thus making sure that your lottery jackpot is the life-changing sum you are looking for, or at least the smaller prizes in the draw won’t be shared and thus end up smaller than ever.
- Picking family birthdays is done by huge numbers of people, whilst this may produce a seemingly random result, using only the numbers (01 - 31) drastically limits the range. Therefore, more people will be choosing those numbers and leaving out the other number ranges. This is by far the most widely used form of number picking, an estimated 40 percent of people use this method!
- People like uniform patterns and many people pick numbers in arithmetic sequences ie 05, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 or 07, 14, 21, 28, 35, 42. This approach is taken by more people than you would imagine.
- Don’t make patterns on the lottery playslip (shapes, diagonals, straight lines etc - in any direction). Any number of people do this, literally!
- Many people pick numbers that have appeared recently, believing them to be lucky. This isn’t a good tactic because statistically these numbers have less chance of appearing again in the near future.
- Using a 'tip' service is a bad idea, just how many other people will use the same numbers?