Stumbled on this checking out something else. First link to Neal Boortz for a summary of events, next links are two articles used to base this summary.
Times, dates events and people cited for historical verifiable reference.
"HILLARY FIRED? SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISBARRED!
- Hillary Rodham gets a spot on the legal staff of the House Judiciary Committee upon the recommendation of a lawyer pal of Ted Kennedy.
- The man who hires Hillary is Jerry Zeifman, a lifelong Democrat.
- The House Judiciary Committee is investigating Richard Nixon with an eye on impeachment.
- A question arises as to whether or not Nixon is legally entitled to counsel during the investigation. If so, his council would be allowed to cross examine witnesses appearing before the panel.
- The concern about having counsel for Nixon cross examine witnesses centered on E. Howard Hunt. Democrats on the committee feared that Nixon's counsel would elicit information from Hunt that would be very damaging to the Kennedys.
- Zeifman tells Hillary that Nixon is entitled to counsel. He cites documents in the committee's public file referencing the fact that Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas had representation four years earlier while he was being investigated.
- Hillary removes the documents from the committees public file and places them under lock and key in her office where they are not available for media or public scrutiny.
- Hillary then prepares a brief for filing with a federal judge which falsely states that there is no precedent for an official being investigated by the committee to have legal representation during that investigation.
- Nixon resigns before Hillary has a chance to submit the brief in which she makes knowingly false claims.
- Zeifman then fires Hillary. Hillary asks for a letter of recommendation. Zeifman says no. This was only the third time in Zeifman's 17 years with the committee that he had refused a letter of recommendation.
Zeifman told Dan Calabrese that if Hillary had actually submitted the brief she most likely would have been disbarred. We're trying to arrange for Jerry Zeifman to be a guest on the show today.
So .. all you Hillary fans out there. Here we have your hero once again hiding documents that could be damaging to her cause (Rose Law Firm billing records, Vince Foster's files) and then committing an unethical act in preparing a brief on a point of law she knew to be false. And you want this lady to be our president?
Oh ... and why haven't we heard about this before? It seems to me that the media would be interested in this level of dishonesty and unethical behavior by Hillary Clinton. "
March 31, 2008
"Watergate-Era Judiciary Chief of Staff: Hillary Clinton Fired For Lies, Unethical Behavior
.......... Zeifman says he was urged by top committee members to keep a diary of everything that was happening. He did so, and still has the diary if anyone wants to check the veracity of his story. Certainly, he could not have known in 1974 that diary entries about a young lawyer named Hillary Rodham would be of interest to anyone 34 years later.