Free coffee, donuts and sex toys just the ticket this Election Day
BY HELEN KENNEDY
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 3:22 PM
Doing your civic duty not enough? Participating in a historic election just not going to get you off the couch?
There are a bunch of other inducements to vote Tuesday.
Voters can eat well around town today - and even get some free naughty toys.
- Coffee: Starbucks is giving out free small coffees to anyone who says they voted.
- Ice Cream: Ben and Jerry's will give you a free scoop between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- Donuts: Krispy Kreme will give you a red-white-and-blue-sprinkled star shaped donut if you are wearing an "I voted" sticker.
- Cheesecake: In Chicago, Eli's Cheesecake Company is handing out free slices to voters. But even if you don't live in the Windy City you can get a free 6-inch Original Pain Cheesecake with the purchase of a 9-inch cheesecake at their website - www.elicheesecake.com. Use promo code VOTE8.
- Tunes: Rock the Vote will give you eight free MP3s to download if you pledge to vote at www.rockthevote.com/pledge.
- Duds: Trina Turk boutiques in the Meatpacking District or Hell's Kitchen will give you a 20% discount on up to three items if you have an "I Voted." www.trinaturk.com/
- More clothes: French Connection will give you 15% off purchases today.
- Chicken: Chick-fil-A restaurants in New Jersey will give you a free chicken sandwich.
- Tacos: California Taco is giving out free tacos, though sadly there are no outlets in New York.
- Sex toys: Babeland locations in SoHo, the Lower East Side and Carroll Gardens will give men a free $20 "Maverick" (get it?) penis sleeve. Women get a free $15 silver bullet mini-vibrator.
"Because that's what our country needs right now: a magical solution to difficult problems," the website says. www.babeland.com/
Food for out of towners: Shane's Rib Shacks is giving out whole meals of three chicken tenders, fries and a drink; the Chattanooga Hot Dog Company is giving out weiners andTodd Conner's pub in Baltimore is even giving out free beer.