Meatball Lasagna Bake
1½ hours | 25 min prep
- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta (or your choice)
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) can pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (I use cottage cheese. personal preference)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen meatballs, thawed and cut in half
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta to desired tenderness; drain, return to pan and add half of sauce.
- Spoon half of this into prepared dish.
- Combine egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese; spread evenly over pasta.
- Top with meatballs and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining pasta, spreading evenly.
- Pour remaining sauce over pasta, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.