Ever since I can remember favorites, having favorite things, I canremember 8 being my favorite number. Something about the fluidity ofthe number a "0" being turned upon itself has fascinated me.
Eight turned on it's side is the sign for infinity, which I realized at 18 was all that we are and will ever be.
Eight untwisted is 0 beginning and end, everything and nothing. How fascinating 8 is...
Lately, I've been seeing 161 (1+6+1=8)
At first, I thought it was just a number that was going to fall inthelottery. I even got it in a couple of Quick Picks last we,disguised as 191 so I know it's surrounding me calling me to all andnothing, helping me to internalize the infinite wisdom of theancients... but there is something more. So today, I've decided to dojust a bit of research on the number eight. Diligently seeking what Ido not know about the number and its properties.
Things I know about 8 that I've not mentioned above:
People born under 8 : You have the potential for enormous successand the possibility to accumulate great wealth. You are also a goodjudge of character a natural leader and a survivor.
In China, the 8 expresses the totality of the universe
- Number of the balance and of the cosmic order, according to the Egyptians.
- Great "Tetrachtys"
- Hold "Shift" and hit 8 is a STAR on a keyboard
Research things I didn't know:
In the religion of Zarathustra, there were eight instruments used for the cult: the Atashdan, reservoir for fire; the Havana or mortar; the Barecma, or beam of sacred palms; the Tali, tray of the offerings; the Tasta or cup of gold; the strainer with nine holes forthe Homa; the Avand, vase for purifications; the Musrhabe, wash-hand basin for the priest.
Saint Francis of Assisi prayer contains eight requests to his GOD:
- Lord, make me an instrument of peace.
- Where there is the hatred, let me put love.
- Where there is the offense, let me put forgiveness.
- Where there is the discord, let me put union.
- Where there is the error, let me put truth.
- Where there is the doubt, let me put faith.
- Where there is the despair, let me put hope.
- Where there is darkness, let me put light.
- Where there is the sadness, let me put the joy.
Icall to now, to the fore-front of my memory, the newness of walking inthe *8* Knowing and overstanding that I can change the Universe bykeeping true to my beliefs and accepting the responsibility of BEINGwhat I know....
8. Protection, justice
8. Eternal, spiral motion of cycles
8. Rhythm, vibration, alternate cycles
8. Thoughts, correction of previous error
8. Dissolution, revolution, separation, inspiration