Welcome Guest
( Log In | Register )
The time is now 8:08 pm
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Job Dilemma...


Last Edited: March 22, 2011, 6:03 pm

Hello and good day/eve/whatever LP Folks.

I have a dilemma.

I could not find a job to save my life in two years plus. Now i have four company's who would like my services. All @ $20.00 per hour.

I started a job Yesterday/Monday, 25 min drive, no big deal. Training on days permanent shift will be afternoons. Very interesting cool job, maintaining automated equip. They could use someone with my abilities to help them grow into the future. 

I have 2 other company's 40 - 50 min away. Same pay, similar responsibilities.

4th job is seven min away, at a Fastener Company. They need a person to develop a maintenance plan for all their equipment and who is willing to be a dedicated employee and comply with all the maintenance in the facility. I worked with this company as a supplier for six years. Good company, going to be around for a while. Dayshift, flex hours.

I was at my other Fastener Corp for 25 years and 15 of them were spent on afternoons or midnights.

My dilemma is should i stay with the job i started Monday or should i go with the Fastener Corp?  My heart tells me to stay because i don't want to let them down but my brain is telling me to go to the fastener corp. 

P.S. Both jobs are through a staffing agency, same agency, different branches.


Totally Confused.

What should i do?

How do i tell the company that hired me i have an offer that i can not pass up?

If i won the Mega-Millions tonight all the above would be history, BIG IF...  Thinking of...

Entry #173


konaneComment by konane - March 22, 2011, 6:23 pm
Think gas prices which aren't going to get any cheaper. You first and foremost have to look out after yourself and your pocket. Good luck with whichever one you decide on, and congrats for getting 4 offers after such a dry period!
TigerAngelComment by TigerAngel - March 22, 2011, 7:30 pm
First, make sure the job you want to move to is still there. If the worse part is telling them you're leaving then do what I did when I had to tell my BF no, I don't want you to move in with me. Write on a 3x5 card exactly what you are going to say and rehearse. Good luck. Agree with konane, think gas prices.
TigerAngelComment by TigerAngel - March 22, 2011, 7:33 pm
p.s. you better find out the policy of the staffing agency on this. Make sure they won't have a cow or sue you!
CutlassBobComment by CutlassBob - March 23, 2011, 7:51 pm
Well i took the advice Konane and Tiger. Had a tuff time making my decision but doing what is best for me was the ticket. I have an opportunity to set-up a facility with 5S Lean Manufacturing principals and assisting the company increase their bottom line through increased machine reliability, quality etc.

I checked with the staffing agency and their only issue was me giving my current employer 48 hours notice. Well when i did so they said thanks but there is no reason for you to show up tomorrow. I figured that was going to happen since i was in training.

Today the President of the company asked me to do a job for him in their conference room. Had to relocate a light fixture in the ceiling and make room for a projector. He also asked me to go get the vacuum and clean out the computer. I told him that you should not use a standard vacuum to clean out your pc's due to the build up of static electricity and it can ruin your motherboard and processor. So i took it to the shop where we have clean dry air and complied with his request. He asked where i got my knowledge from, Personal experience and Central Michigan University. So who knows, once he see's i am not there Thursday they may call and try to counter offer. But i'm not looking forward to it.

Hope i can sleep tonight, this is the first job i have ever quit in 48 years on this planet.
CutlassBobComment by CutlassBob - March 24, 2011, 1:18 pm
Another company is interested in my skills, they are, Shawmut Port Huron, http://www.shawmutcorporation.com/
When it rains it pours.
CutlassBobComment by CutlassBob - March 26, 2011, 12:03 pm
Start my Newer Job Monday. Can't wait. Went in Friday to check-in with the new boss and get a head start on what they need done. Monday i will be repairing a few tape units. Establishing maintenance requirements on the Mectron unit etc...
TnTicketlosersComment by TnTicketlosers - September 7, 2011, 8:22 pm
Just reading your post simply ecause I was wondering i you had the Tennessee system and I wanted to read your log to maybe get some idea from you.Then I proceeded to read on and on .You are a very interesting person with a good head on your shoulders...Was just wondering what job you decided to take..I hope you get the job of your dreams.Also,when the Tennessee Lottery office was flooded in Nashville we had to play off Mich.State for some reason dont know why?? But anyway If any of my numbers come close to your I will play those...Thank you so much for all you do.

You must be a Lottery Post member to post comments to a Blog.

Register for a FREE membership, or if you're already a member please Log In.