Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch, is part drill instructor, and part standup comic (Thunder Ranch is a firearms training facility in Arizona). Here are a few of his observations on tactics, firearms, self-defense and life as we know it in the civilized world: He def has a way w/words - LoL !!
Never let someone or thing that threatens you get inside arms length and never say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force for heavens sake let the "first sound they hear be the safety clicking off", and they shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.
'The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes & the response time of a .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'
"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary."
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way.."
"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to be empty."
"If you're not shooting', you should be loading'. If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', someone's going to cut your head off and put it on a stick."
"Shoot what's available, as long as it's available, until something else becomes available."
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"
"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."
"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems.. How long you live depends on how well you do it."
"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."
"Thunder Ranch will be here as long as you'll have us or until someone makes us go away, and either way, it will be exciting."
More Excellent Gun Wisdom?
The purpose of fighting is to win. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
3. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
4. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
5. An armed man will kill an unarmed man with monotonous regularity.
6. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm.. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
** 'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
** A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both.
** "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not..." Thomas Jefferson.
** If in doubt empty the clip.
The 2nd Amendment Is Boss!