Here is how I envision version 2....
one workbook with 2 sheets,
State Draw History
this will contain the draw history as compact as possible
col.A Draw Number
D. first digit
E. second digit
F. third digit
G. First vertical pair
H. Second vertical pair
I. third vertical pair
and that's it... the FORMULAE will contain the magic, since we will get faster recalcs that way
PLUS, it will be EASY to get the state's data in for ALL the state games for each individual user.
(smaller files means I can post more than one state to my homepage, after deleting the original backtest versions)
User Interactive Form!
this will do several things... I am thinking of having the following abilities
1.allow you to update the next draw in the database (sheet 1) from an easy form
2. allow you to pick from several options
a. the original SB pick where it breaks ties low to high, using full history (L2H_FH)
b. the SB pick where ties are broken High to Low, using full history (H2L_FH)
c. the SB pick using a shorter version of history, rolling 1800-2000 draws (L2H_RH) & (H2L_RH)
3. will show counts for 0-9 in each position for each of the 4 above so you can see where the numbers came from
ok, what will be lost doing it this way...
1. no ability to count previous hits, no backtesting
2. no at-a-glance tally of formula changes over time
what will be gained...
1. smaller file
2. faster calculations
3. 4 sets of numbers to pick from (there WILL be duplicates, maybe that could be an indicator of a good pick?)
4. ease of use for those not keen on excel experimentation
now the request...
Any other ideas or requests to go into version 2?
After V2 is released, I am moving on to trying to apply this to the PA Cash5 (whole new laundry list of problems to overcome) and eventually the ultimate target (for me, anyway) powerball...