Welcome Guest
( Log In | Register )
The time is now 10:44 pm
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Colony Experiment

Published:

Last Edited: April 17, 2012, 8:42 am

Episode 1 (The whole first season is on 'tube)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Colony_%28U.S._season_1%29

Oh, the things TPTB do for their entertainment.

At first I thought this was just disaster pr0nBS, but it comes with "how-to"s throughout the series. Blue Thinking

Given the nature of all the rest of what's mass broadcast, I wonder if this if their way of finding a different kind of 1% ~ 10%.

Entry #777

Comments

1.
Rick GComment by Rick G - April 17, 2012, 7:24 am
With all the "how-to-survive" TV shows, one might get suspicious of the future they have planned. Seems that a Darwinian experiment in survival of the fittest is in the works. (Final season: they capture the survivors, get their DNA and genetic make-up and clone a race of super-slaves with no cognitive ability...a new and improved 'Genesis'.)
2.
JAP69Comment by JAP69 - April 17, 2012, 8:12 am
We are living in a how to survive situation now.
Make election day GIVE A VOTER IN NEED OF A RIDE TO THE POLLS.
Get like minded people to vote.
3.
time*treatComment by time*treat - April 17, 2012, 8:17 am
@JAP69: Electronic voting: Because "democracy" is too important to leave to chance.
4.
JAP69Comment by JAP69 - April 17, 2012, 8:32 am
Possibly so on electronic voting but my instinct tells me not to trust electronic voting.
I would still prefer if they still used ballots to be counted by hand.
5.
time*treatComment by time*treat - April 17, 2012, 8:42 am
People who know better prefer paper voting, too, but they're not in charge of the precinct. ;-)
6.
JAP69Comment by JAP69 - April 17, 2012, 8:43 am
I did watch a couple episodes of that show you posted here.
For some reason I did not watch it every week.
Swamp People is my show. I get more of an independent survival spirit out of Swamp People than I did out of the couple episodes of the Colony I watched.
7.
sully16Comment by sully16 - April 17, 2012, 9:31 am
Seems like the people they picked all had some sort of expertise, let me pick the next bunch,
8.
JAP69Comment by JAP69 - April 17, 2012, 9:45 am
I will pick a bunch.
Put all liberals in the cast and see how well they survive together.
That show Survivor reminds me of a bunch of liberals stuck together. You can see how well they co-operate with each other on Survivor. LOL
9.
sully16Comment by sully16 - April 17, 2012, 10:36 am
LOL, GOOD ONE JAP
10.
time*treatComment by time*treat - April 17, 2012, 6:24 pm
@JAP69: I thought that show was called California's State Budget. ;-)
11.
Comment by GASMETERGUY - April 18, 2012, 10:21 am
I am intrigued by the idea of casting liberals in a show based on survivor skills. I wonder how that would go?

First item of business would be to find someone producing food, tax him out of 70% of his labors, then regulate him so that the remaining 30% would go to the inspectors.

You must be a Lottery Post member to post comments to a Blog.

Register for a FREE membership, or if you're already a member please Log In.