Walk of Shame - List of NamesCarol Platt Liebau | Sep 20, 2013
As Katie reportedyesterday, every Democrat attending the House Oversight and Government Reform hearing today on Benghazi -- except for Elijah Cummings and Jackie Spier -- left the hearing room without offering the victims' families the courtesy even of hearing their testimony.
What shoddy disgraces.
So who were these people? Chairman Issa's spokesman reported that fourteen Democrats attended the first part of the hearing. There are 18 Democrats on the committee. That means that 4 didn't attend any of the hearing, and 12 others walked out.
Below is a list of the congressmen whose staffs confirmed they attended yesterday's hearing. These are people who evidently walked out without waiting to hear from the families of those murdered in Benghazi:
- Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney, New York (Contact)
- Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, District of Columbia (Contact)
- Rep. Stephen F. Lynch, Massachusetts (Contact)
- Rep. Gerald E. Connolly, Virginia (Contact)
- Rep. Mark Pocan, Wisconsin (Contact)
- Rep. Tammy Duckworth, Illinois*** (Contact)
- Rep. Danny K. Davis, Illinois (Contact)
- Rep. Tony Cardenas, California (Contact)
- Rep. Michelle Lujan Grisham, New Mexico (Contact)
** Congresswoman Tammy Duckworth should, in my view, be particularly ashamed, as she is a veteran of the Iraq war, a former assistant Secretary of Veterans Affairs, and a former Director of the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs.
The following offices either couldn't or wouldn't provide an answer about the simple whereabouts of congressmen yesterday -- so they may or may not have been at the hearing:
- Rep. John F. Tierney, Massachusetts. (This office wins the dubious distinction of having the rudest staff) (Contact)
- Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay, Missouri (This office had yet to open at 9:30 this morning) (Contact)
- Rep. Matt Cartwright, Pennsylvannia (Contact)
- Rep. Peter Welch, Vermont (Contact)
- Rep. Steven Horsford, Nevada (Contact)
Finally, these two offices noted that the congressmen hadn't attended any of yesterday's hearing.