Do you need to change your password?
One of the most common reasons for changing your password is that you cannot remember your current password. In this case your only option is to change your password, because our database security is configured such that nobody — even Lottery Post — has access to your password. So there is no way for us to send you a copy of your password. If you can't remember it, then you need to change it to something else.
In order to be sure that only you can change the password on your Lottery Post account, you must complete the following steps:
- Enter your Lottery Post Username and the e-mail address associated with your Lottery Post account in the spaces provided below. If you can't remember both of these things then you can't change your password. (Try using the Forgotten Username form instead.)
- Click the Begin button below.
- Go to your e-mail inbox and receive the Change Password Confirmation e-mail that is sent to you by Lottery Post.
- Click the special link that is included in the e-mail. Clicking the link will bring you back to the Change Password page.
- In the Change Password page, enter your new password exactly the same way twice. The password is case-sensitive, meaning that there is a difference between an A and an a, so be sure of which characters are capitalized. (We recommend a mix of upper- and lower-case letters.)
- After entering your new password twice, click the Change Password button to complete the change.
Ready to begin?
After you read the steps above, enter the information requested and then click the Begin button to get started.