Welcome Guest
Log In | Register )
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$270 Million: Mega Millions lottery jackpot raised again

Mega MillionsMega Millions: $270 Million: Mega Millions lottery jackpot raised again
41
Rating:

The jackpot in the multi-state Mega Millions lottery game was increased to a whopping $270 million Wednesday, when all the tickets sold for the Tuesday night drawing failed to win the top prize.

A Mega Millions lottery ticket wins the jackpot by matching all five lotto numbers plus the Mega Ball.  The next drawing will be Friday.

There were 15 second-prize winners from Tuesday night's drawing: 1 from California, 1 from Georgia, 1 from Maryland, 1 from Massachusetts, 2 from Michigan, 3 from New York, 1 from Ohio, 4 from Texas, and 1 from Washington.  Each second prize ticket matched all five lotto numbers but not the Mega Ball number to win $250,000.

California Mega Millions winners receive different amounts, based upon the number of tickets sold and the number of winners in each prize category.  California prize amounts for the Tuesday night drawing will be posted at the USA Mega web site after the amounts are announced by the California Lottery. (http://www.usamega.com/mega-millions-drawing.asp?d=2/19/2008)

Also, 85 tickets matched four of the five lotto numbers, plus the Mega Ball number. Those tickets are each worth $10,000.

The winning numbers from Tuesday's drawing were: 1, 38, 42, 55 and 56. The Mega Ball number was 34.

The Texas Megaplier was 4.

Lottery Post Staff

We'd love to see your comments here!  Register for a FREE membership — it takes just a few moments — and you'll be able to post comments here and on any of our forums. If you're already a member, you can Log In to post a comment.

60 comments. Last comment 9 years ago by Captain Lotto.
Page 1 of 5
Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
Vancouver, WA
United States
Member #53665
July 15, 2007
151 Posts
Offline
Posted: February 20, 2008, 2:43 am - IP Logged

Well, it looks like it's time to go across the Columbia river and buy some MM tickets

    s5thomps's avatar - Lottery-033.jpg
    Hard Luck, Ak
    United States
    Member #23472
    October 13, 2005
    275 Posts
    Offline
    Posted: February 20, 2008, 2:49 am - IP Logged

    Looks like I will have to make history and be the first Alaskan to win the Mega Millions!Cheers

      hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

      United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2659 Posts
      Offline
      Posted: February 20, 2008, 8:30 am - IP Logged

      Looks like I will have to make history and be the first Alaskan to win the Mega Millions!Cheers

      me -> Hit With Stick <-s5thomps

      I swear @ times thars a conspiracy to never let it hit in Virginia not even foe the smaller $250k and $10k prizes  Roll Eyes

        jeffrey's avatar - moon
        Hamilton, OH
        United States
        Member #4162
        March 27, 2004
        277 Posts
        Offline
        Posted: February 20, 2008, 10:29 am - IP Logged

        Time for an Ohio winner again.Evil Looking

          ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Offline
          Posted: February 20, 2008, 11:19 am - IP Logged

          Looks like I will have to make history and be the first Alaskan to win the Mega Millions!Cheers

          Actually, it would be neat to see an Alaskan win a huge jackpot. 

          "No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

            Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Online
            Posted: February 20, 2008, 11:23 am - IP Logged

            Actually, it would be neat to see an Alaskan win a huge jackpot. 

            That would be difficult, seeing as they don't even have a state lottery in Alaska, let alone Mega Millions!

             

            Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

             

            Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

              dumars798's avatar - batman17
              Atlanta
              United States
              Member #28656
              December 20, 2005
              5675 Posts
              Offline
              Posted: February 20, 2008, 11:24 am - IP Logged

              270 million

               Shocked....WOW

                      Smart bets...... Equal Phat Pocket$!

                                   

                           





                ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                Idaho
                United States
                Member #56506
                November 21, 2007
                6537 Posts
                Offline
                Posted: February 20, 2008, 11:26 am - IP Logged

                That would be difficult, seeing as they don't even have a state lottery in Alaska, let alone Mega Millions!

                Oops, I didn't know that. LOL

                "No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

                  chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

                  United States
                  Member #38687
                  May 3, 2006
                  315 Posts
                  Offline
                  Posted: February 20, 2008, 11:34 am - IP Logged

                  it would be nice to see a 300mill jackpot this year

                  Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

                    spy153's avatar - maren

                    United States
                    Member #28409
                    December 15, 2005
                    1198 Posts
                    Offline
                    Posted: February 20, 2008, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

                    me -> Hit With Stick <-s5thomps

                    I swear @ times thars a conspiracy to never let it hit in Virginia not even foe the smaller $250k and $10k prizes  Roll Eyes

                    I would like to see a virginia winner as well..... as long as it was me.  Yes Nod

                    voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

                      RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19831 Posts
                      Online
                      Posted: February 20, 2008, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

                      Time for an Ohio winner again.Evil Looking

                      I Agree!  I will be contributing $20 to the cause and hoping it return more than $2-$3. Wink

                       * you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 
                         
                                   Evil Looking       

                        Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                        Florida
                        United States
                        Member #46570
                        September 14, 2006
                        558 Posts
                        Offline
                        Posted: February 20, 2008, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

                        That sure is alot of money,$270 Mil. I'd take the lump sum, maybe like 130 million after taxes and take 10 percent off the top for myself and invest the other 90% and just let it grow in a $billion$ within the next 10-15 years and live off the interest for the rest of my life. The 10%, $13 Mil, will be plenty to live off while the rest of the nest egg grows with compounding interest.

                          But knowing my luck, I'd only win a free ticket... sigh... it's nice to dream I guess. Yawn <-- yawn ..ok,ok...I'm awake now... back to work... 'I owe, I owe and off to work I go..(whistles)'

                         See full size image                                               

                         Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

                          Avatar
                          New Member
                          Andover NJ
                          United States
                          Member #55168
                          September 15, 2007
                          5 Posts
                          Offline
                          Posted: February 20, 2008, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

                          The 270 is a lot of money.  Here in Jersey its $123,000,000 after taxes.  Since i already know its mine I plan on investing $100 mil, giving away about 10 to 13 mil, spending the other 10 mil on a nicer house and toys, and then just look for other investments as a full time job.  Full time means when I am not on vacation most of the year.

                           

                          Even invested in something reasonably safe like municipal bonds will give a return of 4.5 to 6.5 percent without taxes.  thats 4.5 to 6.5 mil a year.  plenty for me and the family.

                          Buy the way, I know I am winning this because I had two dreams this week.  the first one I was given the 4th and 5th number along with the mega ball number.  I woke up and thought "thats great, but what about the other 3 numbers?"   That night I had another dream and was given the first three numbers.  So now I have all 6 numbers and you know I will be playing them today!!! 

                            spy153's avatar - maren

                            United States
                            Member #28409
                            December 15, 2005
                            1198 Posts
                            Offline
                            Posted: February 20, 2008, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

                            That sure is alot of money,$270 Mil. I'd take the lump sum, maybe like 130 million after taxes and take 10 percent off the top for myself and invest the other 90% and just let it grow in a $billion$ within the next 10-15 years and live off the interest for the rest of my life. The 10%, $13 Mil, will be plenty to live off while the rest of the nest egg grows with compounding interest.

                              But knowing my luck, I'd only win a free ticket... sigh... it's nice to dream I guess. Yawn <-- yawn ..ok,ok...I'm awake now... back to work... 'I owe, I owe and off to work I go..(whistles)'

                             'I owe, I owe and off to work I go..(whistles)'

                             

                            Green laughI'd like to see you at a party!

                            voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool