Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Help with system - DLM - 2

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tdempsey.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tdempsey's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #3480
January 24, 2004
51 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2004, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

My thread is closed for "Help with system - DLM" so I am starting a new thread.

Tom Dempsey

Atlanta, GA
    United States
    Member #3480
    January 24, 2004
    51 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2004, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

Reminder from old thread:

I have a system I programmed called Dempsey Lottery Manager (DLM) and have put quite a bit of work into it. The application is programmed in PHP and MySQL.

I'm asking for permission to post items of discussion in this forum to help refine the program. The discussions with not be technical but deal with theory. Of course, this would give away much of my system but I believe we all use the same processes so it would stupid to think I am the only one with the smarts.

I play Florida Lotto and Mega Money - but the program is applicable to any lottery given the history files.

If the group is interested please let me know.

Atlanta, GA
      United States
      Member #3480
      January 24, 2004
      51 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2004, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

I have made many changes to DLM over the last six months and feel I am ready to start a pool for playing.

I usually pick 100 or so draws from a game but only play 10. I have noticed several times where I picked a good draw but did not play it - ex: I picked 5/6 in Florida Lotto last month but didn't play that draw.

An issue I have seen is playing aggressively with my rules versus looser rules. There are also certain anomalies in each draw that should be addressed with looser rules - but it defeats the purpose.

So I see several draws in the future using varying degrees of rules.

Let me know if anyone is interested in the Florida Lotto. I will have a web site soon for players.

Tom Dempsey

PS I may be playing multi-state Mega Millions when it gets higher. I will start testing my system on that game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19816 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2004, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

Tom,

Your request for help is confusing.  Are you interested in a discussion of ideas on playing the lotteries or attracting paying members to your pool?  If you are picking numbers the same way as everybody else, why should anyone be interested in joining your pool?  There have been several members mentioned that they run lottery pools, but so far, I've seen no proof that they offer any more than can be gained by starting a pool locally with friends and neighbors that are known and trusted.  I play the multi-state games and when it come to a particular State game, one is no better than the other, so there's no advantage to playing out of state.  Good luck on your venture.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Atlanta, GA
          United States
          Member #3480
          January 24, 2004
          51 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2004, 10:27 pm - IP Logged

My old thread had many discussions about theory and it was very helpful.

To answer your question, I am looking for players for my pool AND discussing lottery theory - as well as applying those theories.

I do have people locally but would like to see 100 people in the pool by next year. This is ambitious but I am know for that.

My system is getting much better and I'm sure a big win would draw people out of the woodwork.

If it isn't appropriate to ask to pollers then let me know - but I do want to discuss theory in more detail here.

Tom Dempsey