Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Individual states official lottery sites

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by johnph77.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: November 17, 2004, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Here in IL. our official lottery site in boring and lacks features. I was tooling around and was checking out the official site for the Georgia Lottery, it's cool and it tells you the number of winners for p-3 and p-4 and the total amount they paid out. Also you can search previous numbers and see when they hit last and see the same breakdown as listed above. Has anyone else been to any cool official state lottery sites?

http://www.galottery.com    check it out.

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: November 17, 2004, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

maine's is the worst.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2004, 1:57 am - IP Logged

i think the best ones in my opinion are georgia and the state of virgina website is very good.....must say although i live here it tennessee our site just ain't that great............

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:08 am - IP Logged

what states are doing, and other states need to do, is make the drawings available online.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8363 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Many of them have a lot of good features and many of them need better features. My guess is it probably has something to do with how much they are willing to pay for Website and who there willing to pay to keep the site running and updated. Another thing might be they are required to give out only certain information. So there not going to add features that is not written in their charter, or operation code. Maryland has all their numbers written in year format for past years. And a running month to month written format. They don't have a number based search feature tool. If you want to search for a number to see if it hit in the past you have to manually go through each list one by one or download the numbers into excel. They don't supply any information about how much is paid out or how many people hit a pick 3-4-5 or lotto drawing. Unless it breaks the bank. Or lotto is hit. So after reviewing some other state lottery sites I'd have to say MD is on the bottom of that list also. 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3104 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2004, 2:56 am - IP Logged

Georgia would be good except they don't give a damn about their players needing the numbers from the evening draw for the next day.  The night numbers are drawn at a normal time like Florida, but unlike Florida they wait till about 3: am to post the winning numbers on their site.

Worst site is AZ. they don't post their winning numbers until 7:am the next day, claim they have to be checked and verified, but they send them out to the associated press at a normal time.  Wonder how often any lottery's numbers had to be recalled after being checked and verified.

http://www.lotto-logix.com/statesites.html

Florida is one of the very best because they give draws both regular and in drawn order of the numbers, they also provide machine and ballset information and tell you the last time they destroyed the ballsets and started fresh so you know what history to work with.

BobP

United States
              Member #7931
              October 18, 2004
              312 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2004, 3:36 am - IP Logged

i agree with all of you. the problem is, though, with as much money is at stake for potential winners, youd think they would make info public and online as all of you speak of. if they dont, then they have something to hide. maybe they dot want people wandering  "how" they know the results and payouts . as ive mentioned in other threads,  if they know all of this one second afterward, whats stopping them from knowing all of this one second before the draw? and "manipulating this info....................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
                Waukegan, IL
                United States
                Member #8043
                October 22, 2004
                753 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2004, 6:33 am - IP Logged

I would love it if Illinois would post how much money was paid out on the p3. Tn does this and it makes you feel a little bit better about where your money is going. This might sound crazy but I really like knowing that players are getting paid pretty hefty sums at times.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: November 18, 2004, 8:29 am - IP Logged

yeah tennessee is good about posting the winning amounts per draw and past numbers but if they could get the graphics a lil better and put a few extra things in there it would be great.now if we could get a pick4 i'd be happy............

johnph77's avatar - avatar
                    CA
                    United States
                    Member #2987
                    December 10, 2003
                    832 Posts
                    Posted: November 18, 2004, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Another source for state lottery website information:

http://www.powerball.com/pb_links.asp

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=