Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 9:04 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Expert Lotto Software

Topic closed. 25 replies. Last post 12 years ago by ExpertLotto.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
Trebic
Czech Republic
Member #8380
November 3, 2004
66 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2004, 4:27 am - IP Logged

after being slapped for posting to an inappropriate thread , i'd like to open a new one dedicated to our expert lotto software.

there's a beta version of our new optimizer plugin, which you may download and try out. The plugin appears as a new filter in the Filters menu.

Then you can select a set of numbers and let the Optimizer to cover all pairs/triplets/quads combinations of these numbers with as few lines from your favorite wheel/file as possible.

E.g. you may choose the range of numbers to be 1 to 16, and then optimize your lines to cover all triplets from your 16 numbers with as few original lines as possible.

The plugin dowload link is here.

You will also need the new version of the Expert Lotto library.

Expert Lotto Team

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2004, 11:08 am - IP Logged

Todd might delete this, I don't know, why don't you just make predictions here at the forum using your software?

That way you can then show people what it does, you can tell people about your software only so long as it is relevant or related to your prediction.

So start making predictions and show your software that way.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2004, 11:14 am - IP Logged

The best predictions would be for games that everybody can use, like MegaMillions and or PowerBall, but it could be any predictions at all.

What about Texas games?

Trebic
        Czech Republic
        Member #8380
        November 3, 2004
        66 Posts
        Posted: November 22, 2004, 11:51 am - IP Logged
        Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on November 22, 2004

The best predictions would be for games that everybody can use, like MegaMillions and or PowerBall, but it could be any predictions at all.

What about Texas games?

ok, we'll post some predictions here. but pls remember that expert lotto is just a tool helping you to implement your own lottery strategy.

so our predictions will be based on our strategy, which may not be the best one.

Expert Lotto Team

Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

If it is best for you then post numbers for any of the pick 5 or cash 5 games on the U.S.A. Like TXCash5 and or TX2Step games.

The TXCash5 is a 5/37 game with no bonus ball.

And the TX2Step is a 4/35 + 1/35 game.

Try either of them or both, please.

Thank you very much.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Here you have the last 10 draws for each of them and also the Texas lottery web site:

TXCash5:

Draw Date  Results 
            Sat, Nov 20, 2004 03-07-08-11-21
            Fri, Nov 19, 2004 05-19-20-21-28
            Thu, Nov 18, 2004 03-11-24-30-36
            Wed, Nov 17, 2004 16-23-35-36-37
            Tue, Nov 16, 2004 12-14-18-24-26
            Mon, Nov 15, 2004 02-16-24-25-32
            Sat, Nov 13, 2004 09-20-27-32-36
            Fri, Nov 12, 2004 13-16-17-22-25
            Thu, Nov 11, 2004 01-08-10-23-27
            Wed, Nov 10, 2004 12-20-21-22-28

TX2Step:

Draw Date  Results 
            Thu, Nov 18, 2004 01-09-17-33, Bonus: 01
            Mon, Nov 15, 2004 05-11-17-20, Bonus: 10
            Thu, Nov 11, 2004 02-03-19-24, Bonus: 29
            Mon, Nov 8, 2004 05-14-22-34, Bonus: 17
            Thu, Nov 4, 2004 04-27-33-35, Bonus: 23
            Mon, Nov 1, 2004 01-05-30-34, Bonus: 27
            Thu, Oct 28, 2004 01-08-26-34, Bonus: 06
            Mon, Oct 25, 2004 01-05-28-32, Bonus: 35
            Thu, Oct 21, 2004 03-14-27-34, Bonus: 28
            Mon, Oct 18, 2004 09-18-26-35, Bonus: 14

http://www.txlottery.org/

Good luck.

Trebic
              Czech Republic
              Member #8380
              November 3, 2004
              66 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:13 pm - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by LANTERN on November 22, 2004

Here you have the last 10 draws for each of them and also the Texas lottery web

http://www.txlottery.org/

actually our strategy needs at least 100-200 past draws to work . but thanx for the link anyway, we'll import the numbers into our database.

btw, is there any way we could download the complete history not just each year in a separate link?

Expert Lotto Team

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                Member #2815
                November 18, 2003
                502 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Well, welcome on the forums ExpertLotto.

I have some simple questions as I'm always interested in new ideas. You posted about your optimiser. I have tested your optimiser and can't say I realise what it does or it doesn't. Can you give an explanation of this system?

Furthermore, what this has to do with wheels as you said? I see no relevance to that at all. It is just a filtering procedure or I miss something here? BTW, the coverage you define in the optimiser based on what?

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Tx
                  United States
                  Member #4570
                  May 4, 2004
                  5180 Posts
                  Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Yes the links are here, if the history is not long enough then you will need a different state and game, one that has been arround longer than Texas.

Here are the links:

http://www.txlottery.org/ExportFile/cash.csv

http://www.txlottery.org/ExportFile/twostep.csv

Good luck.

Trebic
                    Czech Republic
                    Member #8380
                    November 3, 2004
                    66 Posts
                    Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:31 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by apagogeas on November 22, 2004

Well, welcome on the forums ExpertLotto.

I have some simple questions as I'm always interested in new ideas. You posted about your optimiser. I have tested your optimiser and can't say I realise what it does or it doesn't. Can you give an explanation of this system?

Furthermore, what this has to do with wheels as you said? I see no relevance to that at all. It is just a filtering procedure or I miss something here? BTW, the coverage you define in the optimiser based on what?

sorry again for my post in your thread.

as you said, the optimizer is just a filter but it can be used to optimize any wheel.

what it does is quite simple. e.g. you can start with a file of 5000 random lines for a 6/49 lottery. these lines cover all 18k+ triplet combinations possible. so you are guaranteed to get at least one 'match 3' prize regardless of the actuall winning numbers.

now you can run your file through the optimizer and only about 2500 lines will be left. but these 2500 lines again cover all triplet combinations. of course going from 5000 to 2500 is no big deal.

but you can choose a smaller set of number for triplet combinations, e.g 1-15 and again the optimizer will try to take as few lines from your starting file as possible to cover all triplet combinations from your 15 numbers.

the same applies for pairs and quads.

the coverage calculation in the filter window is based on the same algorithm. each 6 number line covers 20 distinct triplets (in a 6/49 lottery). so the optimizer checks each line to see how many distinct triplets(pairs/quads) are covered by your file from the total list of triplet combinations that can be created from the number range selected in the filter window.

i hope this makes any sense.

Expert Lotto Team

Canada
                      Member #6394
                      August 21, 2004
                      97 Posts
                      Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I tested it and in my opinion it's a really great software....and it seems is going to be even notably better very soon.

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
                        Member #2815
                        November 18, 2003
                        502 Posts
                        Posted: November 22, 2004, 12:52 pm - IP Logged
                        Quote: Originally posted by ExpertLotto on November 22, 2004

sorry again for my post in your thread.

as you said, the optimizer is just a filter but it can be used to optimize any wheel.

what it does is quite simple. e.g. you can start with a file of 5000 random lines for a 6/49 lottery. these lines cover all 18k+ triplet combinations possible. so you are guaranteed to get at least one 'match 3' prize regardless of the actuall winning numbers.

now you can run your file through the optimizer and only about 2500 lines will be left. but these 2500 lines again cover all triplet combinations. of course going from 5000 to 2500 is no big deal.

but you can choose a smaller set of number for triplet combinations, e.g 1-15 and again the optimizer will try to take as few lines from your starting file as possible to cover all triplet combinations from your 15 numbers.

the same applies for pairs and quads.

the coverage calculation in the filter window is based on the same algorithm. each 6 number line covers 20 distinct triplets (in a 6/49 lottery). so the optimizer checks each line to see how many distinct triplets(pairs/quads) are covered by your file from the total list of triplet combinations that can be created from the number range selected in the filter window.

i hope this makes any sense.

Fine, but have you considered that a wheel is already the minimum set of tickets required to guarantee e.g. a 3 match? By that means, you cannot optimize a wheel by any filtering process. Furthermore, a wheel can guarantee a 3 match in 163 tickets (3if6), 234 tickets (3if5), 537 (3if4) and 1259 tickets (3if3) at the worst case using all numbers of an 6/49 lottery. Why should I play 2500 lines when I can do the same with much fewer anyway (163 lines needed in your example)?

Additionaly, what's the meaning of having a random tickets file at the beginning? I assume we want to remove randomness as much as possible from any process, not to introduce more randomness!

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Canada
                          Member #6394
                          August 21, 2004
                          97 Posts
                          Posted: November 22, 2004, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

So far it seems that program covers all 2/6 , 3/6 etc which  means it guaranties 20 3/6 if 6 . So, probably it easily can go further to guaranties of only one or couple of  3/6 , 3/5, 4/5  etc...in a very small amount of lines, by covering only one or few triplets, quads etc..

Trebic
                            Czech Republic
                            Member #8380
                            November 3, 2004
                            66 Posts
                            Posted: November 22, 2004, 1:19 pm - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by apagogeas on November 22, 2004

Fine, but have you considered that a wheel is already the minimum set of tickets required to guarantee e.g. a 3 match? By that means, you cannot optimize a wheel by any filtering process. Furthermore, a wheel can guarantee a 3 match in 163 tickets (3if6), 234 tickets (3if5), 537 (3if4) and 1259 tickets (3if3) at the worst case using all numbers of an 6/49 lottery. Why should I play 2500 lines when I can do the same with much fewer anyway (163 lines needed in your example)?

Additionaly, what's the meaning of having a random tickets file at the beginning? I assume we want to remove randomness as much as possible from any process, not to introduce more randomness!

of course when the wheel is already optimized (e.g. created by cover master) then the optimizer won't do anything at all.

but it is handy when your favorite lottery strategy generates (after some filtering) some 500 lines and you wish to optimize them to cover as many triplets of your favorite hot numbers as possible.

i chose the random file as an example only. the problem is the demo allows 100 lines (tickets) only so it's not easy to test the optimizer.

Expert Lotto Team

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3112 Posts
                              Posted: November 22, 2004, 1:23 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by Fenix on November 22, 2004

I tested it and in my opinion it's a really great software....and it seems is going to be even notably better very soon.

Test the Sums filter, it seems to eliminate the combinations between the sum choices rather then outside which would be more useful to remove the least desirable highest and lowest sum lines.  BobP