Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio was very very good to me!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: November 22, 2004, 6:33 pm - IP Logged

I took a weekend trip to Cleveland for the purpose of helping a relative take care of some business. I'd been looking forward to taking a little break from things and I wanted to dabble in the Ohio lottery games. Well, I'm a jackpot kinda guy and I was curious about the Bonus Ball feature of Ohio Super Lotto Plus. I also remembered that RJOh had scored a pretty good hit on Super Lotto the other week.

Just a few minutes before cutoff time, I bought a $5 Quick Pick - I guess they call it Auto Lotto - at a Marathon station up on Superior Avenue. I was tired that night and fell asleep before I could see the drawing. I ended  up checking my numbers in the Sunday newspaper and I found that I'd matched four numbers. I felt pretty good because I figured I'd scored about $50. Well, I was mildly shocked to learn that I'd won $100 for matching four of six. It didn't make me rich, but it sure felt good to stuff those five twenties into my wallet. That made the whole trip worthwhile.

I guess I needed to win something. PowerBall has been kicking my backside the last few draws and I've been playing it rather systematically. I had no choice but to play Quick Picks in Ohio because I don't normally follow their games. Seems like I usually cash my best bets with Quick Picks. I'm not giving up on my methods though. I really do think I can crack one of these big games. I hope to do so very soon.

In the meantime, "Thank you Ohio! You've been very, very good to me!"   I hope that everyone else made a little money over the weekend.

Good luck,

aye'

Lithonia,GA
    United States
    Member #7502
    October 5, 2004
    511 Posts
    Posted: November 22, 2004, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

Congrats!!! You got some      extra holiday cash!!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19825 Posts
      Posted: November 22, 2004, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Congratulation aye,

Wednesday I'm heading to West Virgina through Kentucky for Thanksgiving and so I'm thinking about making a list of numbers to play PowerBall in one of those states.  I usually buy my PB tickets in Indiana and the tickets are different, so I would have to make them out after I get there or on the way.   If I win anything, I can pick it up on my way home Friday.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
        Member #4416
        April 22, 2004
        1075 Posts
        Posted: November 23, 2004, 6:35 am - IP Logged

Thanks catspick & RJOh,

It wasn't the biggest win in the world, but it sure was better than tearing up a losing ticket...lol. I'm not much of a holiday shopper and it probably won't last that long. More than likely, I'll just put it on some bills or buy a little gasoline.

I hope you can bring some of your skills to bear on the PowerBall game, RJ. It's a very tough nut to crack. It's been a while since I got past 2+PB. Since it's getting big, I might try my methodical picks plus some numbers from the ole lottery terminal Quick Picks. I'd like to think I'm a lotto genius, but I'll settle for being lucky and rich!  I'm hoping my good luck will continue.

Good luck to everyone trying to hit a jackpot,

aye'

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2004, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Ayenowitall:

Match 4/6 in NY Lotto and you're lucky if you win $25.

www.nylottery.org