Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

old theory on statistics

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #2661
October 31, 2003
38 Posts
Posted: November 28, 2004, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Take a look at the usamega statistics for PB for the last 50 draws.  There you will see the numbers 16-35-36-47 all sitting together in a row,.  It has been my theory for quite some time, and my experience, that the numbers often sit next to each other on the statistics charts,.  It is also my experience that the numbers most often chosen for PB in the section about 1/3 to 1/4 from the top on the 50 day statistics  but the most accurate placing is in that position on the 40 day statiistics chart which is 16 draws old,.  I also feel it is best to pick numbers leaving out the numbers 1 thru 15 unless one of those numbers just cannot be ignored for some statistical reason, ie placement to numbers etc.  I will be playing in three states for the next few weeks as I have some long term tickets playing in Wisc. Ind. and Pa.  Got 3 numbers last week.  16 36 47.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19900 Posts
    Posted: November 28, 2004, 11:04 am - IP Logged

When I checked the previous 50 drawings for the last 100 drawings, 65% of the winning numbers had hit 3-6 times in the previous 50 drawings.  16-35-36-47 hit seven times in the last 50 drawings, have you tested your theory with any success?

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Chicago
      United States
      Member #2661
      October 31, 2003
      38 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2004, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks  RJOH for backtesting that but we are approaching this from different perspectives.  If there is a way of bringing up old messages, you will note that in the past few years I have pointed out this strange happening on three different occassions.  I don't expect to win 66% of the time, and believe me I know what you are saying in playing those odds, but since I have seen this happen on mulitple occassions it looks to me like I should play tickets which at least are in the running when that occures again.    It doesn't happen all that often BUT you narrow your number selection down to 10 to 12 numbers sometimes and stand a chance of getting hit by the bullet of fate by being in the front of the crowd if you know what I mean.    I have several charts which I have perfected, or so I like to think, that show have these numbers fall in proximity to one another.  I also have shown you that it occurs quite often that the PB is drawn 12 to 13 numbers away from past drawn numbers.  Not all of the time but enough to assist my decisions whether they be right or wrong.  I think that occured the drawing before last but I don't have my numbers right in front of me now. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19900 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2004, 2:12 pm - IP Logged

Sounds like a plan lottograndma, good luck to you. 

I'm going to be watching this group: 01 05 06 09 14 20 25 26 30 34 39 which hit five times in the last 50 draws.  If no one wins this Wednesday, I may head over to Indiana and cash in my tickets from Oct9 and pick up some new ones.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23351 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2004, 2:15 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on November 28, 2004

When I checked the previous 50 drawings for the last 100 drawings, 65% of the winning numbers had hit 3-6 times in the previous 50 drawings.  16-35-36-47 hit seven times in the last 50 drawings, have you tested your theory with any success?

RJOh

RJOh,

You say 16-35-36-47 hit 7 times in the last 50 drawings?  I did a search and did not come close to that.

In the past year, those four numbers were only drawn together once - this past Saturday.  Prior to that, at most 2 of the numbers appeared together, and that happened three times:

Wed, Sep 29, 2004Multi-StatePowerball16-28-33-35-37, Powerball: 17, Power Play: 3
          Sat, Jul 31, 2004Multi-StatePowerball14-31-35-45-47, Powerball: 35, Power Play: 3
          Wed, Apr 7, 2004Multi-StatePowerball02-07-16-35-37, Powerball: 10, Power Play: 5

In fact, I can't come up with ANY drawing in the past year that had those four numbers together.  The best I can come up with is 2 drawings for CA SuperLotto Plus that had 3 of the 4 numbers:

Wed, Nov 17, 2004CaliforniaSuper Lotto PLUS16-23-36-44-47, Mega Ball: 10
          Sat, Jan 31, 2004CaliforniaSuper Lotto PLUS33-35-36-45-47, Mega Ball: 13

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19900 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2004, 2:42 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by Todd on November 29, 2004

RJOh,

You say 16-35-36-47 hit 7 times in the last 50 drawings?  I did a search and did not come close to that.

Todd,

I didn't mean as a group, but individually.  I just looked at the last 50 draws as shown on the history page at USA MEGA.  I think that's the way Lottograndma was looking at them, the four numbers she mentioned were together on the same page and had hit seven times in the last 50 draws.

RJOh

Evil Looking       

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23351 Posts
              Posted: November 29, 2004, 3:20 pm - IP Logged

OK, I misunderstood.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: December 15, 2004, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Name a song with "misunderstood" in its lyrics.