Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is reasonable

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Saleo Paleo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LosingJeff's avatar - flower
Greenfield
United States
Member #3587
February 2, 2004
557 Posts
Posted: December 3, 2004, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

Say you have spent say between 6000-7000 dollars  in 8 months on pic 4 combinations and havent won?---is that reasonable? is that normal. Say you have done that for 6 years and you have put all your money, 401's, loans etc into the lottery and to date you have 150.00 left in your life savings. is that reasonable? doesnt that sound alittle crazy. Well, it happened to me. Just needed to get that off my shoulders seeing how my life is so fun. Fun is good!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19824 Posts
    Posted: December 3, 2004, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

You should have tested your system on paper before you played it for real.  It better to have not played and been sorry than to have played and be sorry.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: December 3, 2004, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

No, that's not reasonable that sounds like overboard spending. Did you use a system to pick your numbers. Did you win any boxes. You should play a small amount until you win then if you feel confident that you might win play with the money you won. If that goes bye/bye play a small amount. Are you in Indiana. Are you playing midday and evening.  From your post it sounds like you played 30 dollars worth of numbers a day. 

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
        USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: December 3, 2004, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Lotto Fever ole boy. Ease up.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: December 3, 2004, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

The lottery should only be viewed as entertainment, and you should only spend money on the lottery that you would consider a reasonable amount for entertainment.  Same goes for any form of gambling.  Hopefully you can build up your savings again, and play with a set budget.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

urbossmanpimpin's avatar - batman49
            Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #7272
            September 28, 2004
            179 Posts
            Posted: December 3, 2004, 5:46 pm - IP Logged

I think that maybe you should call the 800# on the back of those tickets for a lil help.

good luck with future plays................

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 3, 2004, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

i really feel bad for you i went through a similar situation and got pretty deep in the hole...i'd win huge amounts in the thousands and play it right back trying to win hundred thousands but then i had a moment of clarity where i said no more thats it and i got myself down to spending about ten to fifteen bucks a day and it'll stay that way.......at my peak i was spending 300 or 400 bucks per drawing on powerball using my own numbers and won pretty good every blue moon but then a lot of drawings i wouldn't win.i woke up one day and thought i had a couple thousand left in the bank and had a couple hundred and that scared me straight and i finally realized hey i'm not gonna put me and my family in jeopardy ever again and i don't anymore because i don't want my lil girl ending up with no home because i blew the rent...i've quit cigarettes cold turkey here bout 5 years ago....i used to be an alcoholic and i kicked that a few years back because its like this when you know your life is danger stop doing it and i just have strong willpower but hey get help because it could end up where your almost homeless trying to hit winning numbers so just pick a few of your favorite and play them and if ya can't go without playing huge amounts you might need to stop completely....too bad you weren't doing this in another state because i think you would've made money back......we all have a feeling indiana is corrupt in the numbers games....i know they are by the low payouts.......

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                Chief Bottle Washer
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #1
                May 31, 2000
                23260 Posts
                Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Lottomike:

This must have been a very short time ago:  Powerball sales just started in April in Tennessee.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                Help eliminate computerized drawings!

USA
                  United States
                  Member #8242
                  October 29, 2004
                  1133 Posts
                  Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:43 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on December 3, 2004

i don't want my lil girl ending up with no home because i blew the rent...i've quit cigarettes cold turkey here bout 5 years ago....i used to be an alcoholic and i kicked that a few years back

Good going bro
                    Tennessee
                    United States
                    Member #7853
                    October 15, 2004
                    11338 Posts
                    Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

yep it was all during the summer may,june,july and august....i won 5,000 in july playing a pick three number ten times in one day and all during the months listed above i spent insane amounts trying to win at powerball and looking back i definitely would've done it differently .i hit 3 numbers plus the powerball and powerplayed it and won quite a few times but that still didn't pull me through the hole.i hit four numbers once without the powerball and that was pretty exciting but i finally came to a moment where i realized that i just wasn't making what i was putting into it at all.at my peak nearly a thousand a week........down to 10 to 15 bucks now.....plus i realize with the huge odds that when i get more money in my pocket again i'll keep playing 10 to 15  dollars because i'd have just as good a chance anyway since the odds are in the millions to begin with.but i'm pretty lucky a lot so i feel confident that lil bit of money is all i need to spend.i'm glad i pulled myself out of that because i'm a lot happier now and i still play the lottery so its a win win situation.....

USA
                      United States
                      Member #8242
                      October 29, 2004
                      1133 Posts
                      Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:54 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on December 3, 2004

i feel confident that lil bit of money is all i need to spend.i'm glad i pulled myself out of that because i'm a lot happier now and i still play the lottery so its a win win situation.....

Exactly
                        Tennessee
                        United States
                        Member #7853
                        October 15, 2004
                        11338 Posts
                        Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

i've also hit lottofive for four out of five numbers at least 3 times winning a couple hundred each time,with ten bucks spent now i usually hit 3 out of 5 about every three or four drawings and sometimes i spend twenty or thirty it just depends...

Tennessee
                          United States
                          Member #7853
                          October 15, 2004
                          11338 Posts
                          Posted: December 3, 2004, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

yeah maverick and todd it can get pretty miserable when you play big money and lose and i wouldn't recommend anybody do it unless they had a lot of money to begin with and wasn't putting their self in the hole.....

urbossmanpimpin's avatar - batman49
                            Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #7272
                            September 28, 2004
                            179 Posts
                            Posted: December 4, 2004, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

after reading these post ...... i think that I am gonna skip tonights powerball drawing and see if it rolls. If it does then I will definitly get tickets but if it doesn't then I didn't loose nething.

luckylottolady's avatar - character catafly.jpg

United States
                              Member #6028
                              August 2, 2004
                              53 Posts
                              Posted: December 4, 2004, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

todd,we all used to have to go to kentucky to get tickets,only about a hour to hour and a half drive for some of us. some people lived even closer. some people would go down there after work or on weekends and spend alot of money. but luckily tennesse finially got a lottery.