Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Ball Drop Theory revisited

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
Member #3680
February 11, 2004
187 Posts
Posted: December 5, 2004, 11:31 am - IP Logged

A while back I posted a theory about the numbers coming up based on the way the balls line up prior to the drop and how sometimes certain rows or columns are chosen.  The thread is located here for those who are interested - http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/83317.  I went ahead and updated the file to just show the last 20 draws and patterns, the one on Nov 17 is interesting, 4 of the 5 balls were on the same row.  May all just be nothing, but it's interesting to look at sometimes.

Chicago
    United States
    Member #2661
    October 31, 2003
    38 Posts
    Posted: December 5, 2004, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Hi, for some reason I had it in my head that the numbers in the first column dropped were rotated to the last position for the next drawing.  Do you know if that is the case.  If it is then one should avoid those numbers in row 4 etc. as that is the group usually not chosen.  I thought that if the columns 123456 were for this drawing 234561 would be the next drawing and then345612 etc.  If this is truly the way they are drawn then  new patterns emerge. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23259 Posts
      Posted: December 5, 2004, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

plnwebguy:

A little OT, but did you see the new feature that can help you link back to other messages?  Go to the topic you referenced, and go all the way to the bottom, where you'll see the link to the topic, like this:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/83317

You can click the link there (not here, but in the bottom of the topic), and it will automatically be copied to the clipboard, ready to paste.

It's nice to have the "cleaned up" version of the link to post in messages.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
        Member #3680
        February 11, 2004
        187 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2004, 1:21 am - IP Logged

lottograndma - I tried watching the videos at powerball.com to see if I could see any ball numbers but couldn't see them, so I think I'll email MUSL and see what they say.

Todd - I wasn't aware of the thread address being at the bottom of the thread.  I had done a search for the old post and found it and just used what the search returned.  Thanks for the information.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2004, 9:57 am - IP Logged

The original NY Lotto draw machine did not mix the balls.