Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What's the strangest way you came up with

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 12 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
fast eddie's avatar - lasvegas2
Chicago,IL.
United States
Member #2902
November 29, 2003
1426 Posts
Posted: December 6, 2004, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

What's the strangest way you came up with a winning number? Like you saw a number somewhere and played it and won, stuff like that........

"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned"

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20108 Posts
    Posted: December 6, 2004, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

i look on my trip meter on my speedometer every day i'm in my truck. one day i reset it in the morning, and gazed at the number, when i finished for the day the trip meter was the same as it was that morning. i played that number (249) and won.!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: December 6, 2004, 6:48 pm - IP Logged

In Dec 2001 I posted at Maybells the question of who was going to play the 2002 for the coming year.
      At that time I use to drive to ga for tickets. 4 hours round trip once a week. Bought tickets on advance play.

Well anyhow while I was down there I was making out my playslips the 2002 came to my mind. Well I made out a playslip for 50/50 on the 2002.
      Hit it straight/box that week.$2,900.00

Whos playing the 2005 this year.

By the way. the 2002 hit in Mass on New years eve. Had a payout of less than 500 dollars on the straight hit.

WHATT

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
        $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
        Member #4290
        April 9, 2004
        16442 Posts
        Posted: December 6, 2004, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I got my oil changed and when the attendant put the new sticker with my return mileage on there, it was my deceased cousin's name (1755) played it and I won.

Also, I play the numbers on my monthly bills as they come in ( i.e. water bill $30.97, gas bill $20.21, amount of high Jackpots for Powerball [right now 171] or Mega Millions)

Good luck all!!!!

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
          Tennessee
          United States
          Member #7853
          October 15, 2004
          11338 Posts
          Posted: December 6, 2004, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

a number off a mailbox....486,played it ten times a day till it come in---5g's.....

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
            chicago ill.
            United States
            Member #3600
            February 4, 2004
            337 Posts
            Posted: December 7, 2004, 12:34 am - IP Logged

I knew a guy who would throw a deck of cards in the air and whatever landed face up he would play  the 5 digit lotto....after a  few years and a  lot of cards ..he had won 75,000 dollars. Never happened again!

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8360 Posts
              Posted: December 7, 2004, 1:07 am - IP Logged

I had a wild on one day i was working 2nd shift and had a doct. app. at 1 o:clock. Had to be at work by 2pm. so i was rushing around trying to get things done. When i left the doctors app i realized i only had 2 bucks on me and forgot my play slip with my numbers, no time to run back home or go to the bank. So the first number i saw was my tag number 5407 walked straight across the street and played it $ 1.00 straight and 50/50. It came out straight $7600.00 

Some of my best hits were like that i'v played odemeter and house and last four phone numbers, birth dates etc. and won. Another time i was riding around and seen a number on a cab then on a truck then on a cop car sitting at a light behind the bus saw the same number. Pulled over at the nearest lotto place played it and won.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: December 7, 2004, 1:54 am - IP Logged

it is a tragedy that we don't have pick 4 in tennessee.........................

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8360 Posts
                  Posted: December 7, 2004, 2:03 am - IP Logged

Give it time you will get it soon. They have to build up the bank and make the money work for them. Then after they build their bank. They will start pick 4. Then a while after that they might even go to two drawing a day. They have to start out slow and act according to the people wishes and I think it's up to the upper statesmen as to whether or not they will allow additional games. All in good time the lottery just started out there it has to learn to walk before it can run. Also it really has a lot to do with the governor. If the people push the right buttons it will happen.