Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mass Mega$uck$

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Will the game see any changes in 2005?

Yes [ 5 ]  [31.25%]
No [ 7 ]  [43.75%]
Don't know [ 4 ]  [25.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 16 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 4 ]  

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: December 7, 2004, 4:52 pm - IP Logged

Mass Megabucks IMO needs a cash option...I've said this before.

United States
    Member #972
    December 30, 2002
    465 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2004, 10:02 am - IP Logged

I read about 8 months ago that changes were planned for Megabucks, which I'm sure would include a cash option. So far, nothing more. I guess they are too busy panicking about how lousy Winfall is doing and what cars to give away to boost sales that they have no time to do something about Megabucks.  Maybe sales picked up after Mass Millions ended and they decided not to do anything?

It needs more than a cash option - it needs increased lower prizes too. It needs to get rid of the insulting "free ticket" prize. 

I read a MA Lottery spokesperson say a few years ago that the reason Megabucks could not offer a cash option was it was "unfair to past winners who didn't have that option." This struck me as nonsense, but if it is a real, legal reason, would they have to change the name of the game so they could declare it a "new" game and offer a cash option?

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2004, 4:03 pm - IP Logged

tg:

I heard that argument from you before on why there's no cash option.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: December 13, 2004, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

At least Mass Millions bit the dust.

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: December 13, 2004, 8:36 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by CASH Only on December 7, 2004

Mass Megabucks IMO needs a cash option...I've said this before.

I think all games should offer both cash and annuity. Different strokes for different folks. No lottery wants Gary Coleman to say "Whatcha mean no cash"

(insert signature here)

United States
            Member #972
            December 30, 2002
            465 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2004, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

It's not an argument, just what I read somewhere. I'm hoping someone out here knows more.

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: December 31, 2004, 10:20 am - IP Logged

My boycott of Megais bad$ continues...

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                Houston, TX
                United States
                Member #9841
                December 23, 2004
                236 Posts
                Posted: December 31, 2004, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

It would be unfair?  No, it wouldn't.  If you played a game by the current rules and won then the rules change you're binded by the rules they were when you played and won.  If they offered the cash option then that's what everyone would choose.  If they did that they might as well take the annual payments option away. 

I always wondered this about the free ticket prize:  Is it just what it says, "free ticket", or can it be taken as $1? 

Cash Only, would you be mad if you decided not to boycott Mega Buxxx once and won the jackpot in annual payments?  If u do, you can always forward it to me :-)

I think the lottery commission should seriously consider changing its rules because it's the players that support them.  Without the players the lottery would go bust.  Give them what they want. 

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: January 3, 2005, 10:05 am - IP Logged

AP:

I will continue to boycott Mass Megais bad$ until there is a cash option.

United States
                    Member #972
                    December 30, 2002
                    465 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2005, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

It's a free ticket only - in other words a worthless piece of paper with the lottery keeping your dollar.

Quote: Originally posted by Annual Payments on December 31, 2004

It would be unfair?  No, it wouldn't.  If you played a game by the current rules and won then the rules change you're binded by the rules they were when you played and won.  If they offered the cash option then that's what everyone would choose.  If they did that they might as well take the annual payments option away. 

I always wondered this about the free ticket prize:  Is it just what it says, "free ticket", or can it be taken as $1? 

Cash Only, would you be mad if you decided not to boycott Mega Buxxx once and won the jackpot in annual payments?  If u do, you can always forward it to me :-)

I think the lottery commission should seriously consider changing its rules because it's the players that support them.  Without the players the lottery would go bust.  Give them what they want. 

United States
                      Member #1826
                      July 11, 2003
                      2645 Posts
                      Posted: January 4, 2005, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Free tickets are a way of giving away some kind of prize for free, at least with a pari-mutuel game. You see, the worst that could happen would be that they would divide the prize pool one more way. They're not giving away any more in total as if they never gave the free ticket away.

(insert signature here)

United States
                        Member #1826
                        July 11, 2003
                        2645 Posts
                        Posted: January 4, 2005, 2:45 am - IP Logged

And another thing, I'm sure that Mass. lottery will offer a cash option soon seeing that they got sued for not offering it previously. McDonalds was sued for making someone fat (idiot), that case was thrown out of court real fast, but they still did away with Super Sizing to prdvent that from happening again. But, the case with the Mass. lottery went all the way to a verdict, and while the lottery won, I'm sure they're not gonna take a risk of getting sued again, because unlike the case with Mickey D's, they might actually have something to lose next time.

(insert signature here)

United States
                          Member #972
                          December 30, 2002
                          465 Posts
                          Posted: January 4, 2005, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Along with a cash option, the best thing Megabucks could do is go back to the 6/36 number grid it had when it started.  There is no jackpot excitement anymore in the age of $200 million MegaMillions jackpots, and there never will be again, so the longer 6/42 odds don't build jackpots and help sales like they did in the past. Why continue the long winless slogs week after week when no jackpot amount will increase sales?  I'd like to see more winners.

United States
                            Member #1826
                            July 11, 2003
                            2645 Posts
                            Posted: January 5, 2005, 3:23 am - IP Logged
                            Quote: Originally posted by tg636 on January 4, 2005

Along with a cash option, the best thing Megabucks could do is go back to the 6/36 number grid it had when it started. There is no jackpot excitement anymore in the age of $200 million MegaMillions jackpots, and there never will be again, so the longer 6/42 odds don't build jackpots and help sales like they did in the past. Why continue the long winless slogs week after week when no jackpot amount will increase sales? I'd like to see more winners.

Ah, the good 'ol days when $10 million got people excited. Going back to 6/36 would be a good idea.

(insert signature here)

United States
                              Member #379
                              June 5, 2002
                              11296 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2005, 9:34 am - IP Logged

The lack of a cash option is the worst thing about this game.