Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

A MAJOR gripe about Powerball!!

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #9463
December 8, 2004
7 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2004, 12:14 am - IP Logged

Hi folks,

I've been lurking for quite some time now, but decided to join this evening (and thank you, Todd, for setting up this site).

OK, now on to my little rant that I've have with Powerball!

As you probably know by now, there was a winner in last Saturday's draw, but the powers-to-be had decided NOT to inform the players about it untill  AFTER tonight's drawing!!! WTF is up with that? Is the MUSL actually withholding winning info in order to increase the pot a little higher?

This is not the only time that the MUSL has done this. I can cite several instances in the last year alone when the information was held untill after a current draw. Because of this, I feel that I cannot play a game that misleads it's players over news that a winner was already found days after a draw. It is fraud, pure and simple!!!

An update (as of 11:57 P.M.): The information that was on Powerball's home page was changed to read that someone had won tonight (12/8/04) drawing which was not on the page when they were doing the tabulations. It DID say before the change that there was a winner from SATURDAY'S drawing!!!

Sorry if this was brought up before. Hopefully, my next post will be a bit more positive.

Highball, rolling out!!!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2004, 12:19 am - IP Logged

highball,

Welcome to Lottery Post, I'm glad you decided to join!

I think they made a mistake in saying the winner happened Saturday.  If you click the "read more" link, you'll see the press release is dated October 20th, so they are not talking about this past Saturday.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #9463
      December 8, 2004
      7 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2004, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Thanks for having me here. But, what I talking about was while they were doing the tabulation for tonights drawing, there was a message on Powerball's home page saying that there was 1 jackpot winner in Saturday's drawing and others that had won prizes up to 10 million dollars. This message was posted during the tabulation (under the story from Iowa) and wasn't on the site all week.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just fustrated that the info wasn't on the site all week untill after tonight's drawing.

Thanks,

Highball rolling out! 

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2004, 12:30 am - IP Logged

Oh, OK, I understand now.  I agree, they should post the information ASAP.

twisted's avatar - underground
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #2376
          September 25, 2003
          582 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2004, 12:43 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by highball on December 9, 2004

Hi Todd,

Thanks for having me here. But, what I talking about was while they were doing the tabulation for tonights drawing, there was a message on Powerball's home page saying that there was 1 jackpot winner in Saturday's drawing and others that had won prizes up to 10 million dollars. This message was posted during the tabulation (under the story from Iowa) and wasn't on the site all week.

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just fustrated that the info wasn't on the site all week untill after tonight's drawing.

Thanks,

Highball rolling out!

There was a jackpot winner today (Wednesday) not last Saturday. They might have made a mistake posting the information about the jackpot win. I've seen this happen before.

United States
            Member #9463
            December 8, 2004
            7 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2004, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Hi Twisted,

I know that it hard for me to prove what was on the MUSL site during the tabulation, but it was up there!

I can understand that people do make mistakes when it comes to entering the wrong information, but to me, it sound suspicious when this sort of thing happens. I would rather see the "Result Pending" message for hours (or even days) on end until they can verify if there was a winner or not. I know that they would think otherwise since it would cost the lottery lost revenue until the information could be verified.

Just for the record, I don't go by outside press releases to see if there is a winner in a draw, I go directly to the MUSL site to get the info on the numbers and winners information.

Pleasure talking to you.

Highball

lottoretirement's avatar - praying hands.jpg
              Tomball, Texas
              United States
              Member #8802
              November 17, 2004
              6 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2004, 1:59 am - IP Logged

Highball is right I was looking at the Powerball home webpage and it did mention a winner from Sat. drawing. I thought it was a mistake until I look up the webpage tonight, and sure enough, a winner is found

lotto retirement dude

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8359 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2004, 2:08 am - IP Logged

it was a news release from october

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23259 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2004, 7:56 am - IP Logged

Hi Twisted,

I know that it hard for me to prove what was on the MUSL site during the tabulation, but it was up there!

I can understand that people do make mistakes when it comes to entering the wrong information, but to me, it sound suspicious when this sort of thing happens. I would rather see the "Result Pending" message for hours (or even days) on end until they can verify if there was a winner or not. I know that they would think otherwise since it would cost the lottery lost revenue until the information could be verified.

Just for the record, I don't go by outside press releases to see if there is a winner in a draw, I go directly to the MUSL site to get the info on the numbers and winners information.

Pleasure talking to you.

Highball

I'd recommend going to USA Mega instead, because all of the winner info is posted together, and you get lots of other info like advanced searching and jackpot analysis.  The basic information, like results and winner data, is exactly the same as what appears on powerball.com.

Morrison, IL
                    United States
                    Member #4657
                    May 13, 2004
                    1884 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2004, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Hi Todd,

Thanks for having me here. But, what I talking about was while they were doing the tabulation for tonights drawing, there was a message on Powerball's home page saying that there was 1 jackpot winner in Saturday's drawing and others that had won prizes up to 10 million dollars.

Oh, they do that all the time whenever there is a winner on a particular night's draw.  They did that before when someone won the jackpot even though the current estimated jackpot still said "Results pending."

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: December 10, 2004, 9:52 am - IP Logged

I thought the biggest gripe about Powerball would be the jackpot odds.