Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Haunted?? I am freaked out

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 12 years ago by tntea.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
GoArmy's avatar - redcross
Waukegan, IL
United States
Member #8043
October 22, 2004
753 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2004, 3:05 am - IP Logged

Okay here goes, I really dont want to post this because I dont want anyone on here to think that I am insane. My nephew, 2 years old, and his mother moved in with me about two weeks ago and I have noticed some weird things happening since their arrival. They are sort of trying to escape an abusive situation and know that I will take care of them. Let's not say more on that.

About a week ago I was walking by the bathroom and caught a glimpse of a dark image to my right in the bathroom mirror. I thought that it was my sister at first and when I rounded the corner I saw her sitting on the couch. I backed up, not saying anything to my sister, and tried to move my body into some position to get the same shadow back in the mirror. It was impossible, I couldn't do it. The next day I was at home alone and the stereo came on in the bedroom. I walked in and at first dismissed it as the alarm clock being set or my cat stepping on the power button and turning it on. When I went back into the living room I saw the cat under the X-mas tree and my sister said that they hadn't even been in my bedroom.

Today was the final straw. My nephew was acting up so I swatted him twice across his bottom, not hard but a spanking none the less. I saw myself getting ticked off so I go into the bedroom to get away for the situation for a while. I was in the bedroom, it is completely darkened out because I sleep during the day and work at night and the weirdest thing happened. The closet light was on and my sister came in to check on me. She notices the light on in the closet and turns it off. I was just about asleep (not even five minutes later) when I heard the light swith on a stand up lamp in my room click on. The light had been off for at least a week and it is the type that you have to manually turn to turn on and off. It was almost as if "something" knew that it would tick me off. I dont believe in spirits or any of that but this is just to much. There is just no way possible for that light to come on. It is a stand up lamp and the switch is about four feet from the ground.

I know that this is the wrong place to be posting this but I figure that some one in this mystical section may be aware of something like this. No need to make this thread any bigger if you dont want to you can just email me at verlon.cox@navy.mil

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
    chicago ill.
    United States
    Member #3600
    February 4, 2004
    337 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2004, 3:21 am - IP Logged

Could be that your stressed out because of what is going on in your life. Maybe you should get aa checkup to make sure YOUR ok. Also, check the wiring on your lamp it could of switched on from some vibrations. What state do you live in?

Waukegan, IL
      United States
      Member #8043
      October 22, 2004
      753 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2004, 4:34 am - IP Logged

I live in Illinois. The lamp is about seven months old and we dont have any tremors that I know of up here. The lamp is actually sort of stiff to turn on and off. If you knew me, the word stress would never enter into a conversation. I am a drill instructor and when I am pushing divisions I have 88 recruits. I am on a hold job now and work about twenty days a month at a sweet easy going job. I didnt want to post this because when I read stuff like this the first word to mind is FRUITCAKE but I swear this all happened and it is just down right strange. Maybe I just need to hit a nice straight pick four.

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
        clarkston georgia
        United States
        Member #555
        August 8, 2002
        3348 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2004, 6:36 am - IP Logged

goarmy you may not believe inspirits and thats ok but I believe you have one with you 627 ,and is trying to let you know they are there no I dont believe you are nuts,I can relate to your experience first thing is to pray may sure they are not there to harm you ,they may be there to help angels can come in all forms 125 if I can help in anyway pm me

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

chicago ill.
          United States
          Member #3600
          February 4, 2004
          337 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2004, 6:54 am - IP Logged

Go army...I am a former marine corps combat vet...vietnam /2 and half tours in-country. I can understand that you are a person that is used to threats and stress. You were trained for the impossible.

I don't know if you have a spiritual background or not (doesn't matter)..but you could invoke thr name of "Jesus" and cast out demons in his name. I don't subscribe to a lot of the church's teachings but there are some things that I do. The ability to cast out NEGATIVE FORCES is a inherent power to all of us. No matter what your religion.  Just say "Begone" and hopefully they will be begone. Have the house cleansed and blessed by someone or maybe you should move. The things that are happening to you may be a warning of some kind. And no....your not a cake!

chicago ill.
            United States
            Member #3600
            February 4, 2004
            337 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2004, 6:55 am - IP Logged

Have you thought of getting another lamp or have your fusebox checked?

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #14
              November 9, 2001
              31364 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2004, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

young children attract spirits.  read some of what sylvia brown has to say.  go to her website.

sounds like a playful spirit.  you are not nuts.

love to nibble those micey feet.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                Member #5344
                June 30, 2004
                23641 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2004, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

when reading your post, I wondered if there was any spirits that were there to look out over the children.  I dont know if the abuse was upon them or not.

I do know strange things that cannot be answered do happened.

This year at school I saw four images of something. The last a little girl standing next to the lock.. She vanished in front of me.  All this happened in one day. I haven't seen anything since.

The Janitor however, walked in the library late one afternoon and the rocking chair was rocking by itself.  He has doors closing on him all the time in a second grade class room.

An assistant of mine, took a summer job cleaning. She carried her three year old grandson with her most days.  He kept wanting to play with a little girl.  My assistant thought he was talking about the teenage girl working with them.  Then the child told her he locked the little girl up in restroom.  When the assistant found the teenager, she asked if the child had locked her up. The child said "not her.. the little girl I play with.."  He went on to say the little girl didnt ever talk..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Waukegan, IL
                  United States
                  Member #8043
                  October 22, 2004
                  753 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2004, 8:03 pm - IP Logged

To all of you, thank you very much. I received a private message from someone who I wont mention here. They made a lot of sense. The baby had been abused, without any of the family knowing about it. My family is pretty over zealous about something like that and my sister knew that there would be certain things that would happen if we ever found out about it. I feel a lot better hearing that none of you think that I am crazy or have had similar experiences. I will follow all of this advice. I think that a message was sent to not discipline Sammy. I guess he has had his fair share of it. So now I am sort of drawn between having a well disciplined nephew and not disciplining him at all. Maybe it was just to say not to get carried away with it, which I never would. Once again thank you all. I guess I turned that lamp on and off twenty times today. There really isn't any way that it could have come on by itself. I talked to my father today, also a vietnam vet like st. germain, (I appreciate the service by the way) and it turns out that he isn't a pessimist after all. I guess if nothing else the bond between me and my father has grown.

BIRD's avatar - hiro bird.jpg
                    clarkston georgia
                    United States
                    Member #555
                    August 8, 2002
                    3348 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2004, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

goarmy prayer is key even in the discipline area children do attrct spirits and are also protected

spooky soozy 888

birdshouse.ning.com

join us at birdshouse

bird 4=7

four4me's avatar - gate1
                      MD
                      United States
                      Member #1701
                      June 18, 2003
                      8364 Posts
                      Posted: December 11, 2004, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

This is kinda a a tough one. Our eyes play tricks on us sometimes and we see things that aren't their or catch glimpses of stuff moving when their is no one in sight. I've heard you can't see a spirit in a mirror so this rules out any spirit. It could have been a light from a car that might have shown through the window for a fraction of a second. The light coming on could be a bad wire or the switch might have been half on half off and something disturbed it to the on position this could have been from tension in the switch more likley it was the cat that disturbed the lamp. If you continue to see things/shadows out of the corner of your eyes and they aren't mice. By all means talk to the doctor tell him/her about it. The fact that you were living without guest and now have some could have triggered some defense mechanism in your brain and you are posturing for some kind of confrontation and are in the protection mode.

Also vietnam era vet. USARMY 

United States
                        Member #5565
                        July 11, 2004
                        260 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2004, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

it may be stress-induced by either yourself or your guests.  poltergeist phenomena, attributed to spirits, can be caused by the individual who may be experiencing severe stress, such as abuse.  look into the area of psychokinesis, where the body or mind may conjure up these changes in the environment.  it probably won't last for long.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                          Stevens Point
                          United States
                          Member #6457
                          August 24, 2004
                          3030 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2004, 4:31 am - IP Logged

Spirits definetly exist......

I have had things happen to me i wont even say...

some people believe some dont

and im not going to get ridiculed for sharing experiences

but nonetheless, the exist GoArmy

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

Waukegan, IL
                            United States
                            Member #8043
                            October 22, 2004
                            753 Posts
                            Posted: December 12, 2004, 4:46 am - IP Logged

Thanks Four, Ichoro and Justin. I completely understand not wanting to share experiences like this. Several (you would be surprised) people have PM'ed me or emailed me with actually really good advice. This wont be forgotten for a long time by me, whether it's my imagination or not. I guess it was just one of those things that you sorta had to see for yourself. I will admit that I am a little bit more spooked when I go home. When the bed starts levitating I will leave until then I am playing the silly little game. I can understand some people getting stressed out but I am a really happy easy going guy and really dont think that my mind was playing tricks on me. I believe that there is something unnatural in my house now to find out if it is a good thing or a bad thing. Until then, I stay, my sister and the nephew stay and the ex will never be welcomed. Thanks to all of you one more time and for those who thought that I was insane thank you for having the ability to bite your tongue. I hope you all hit a good lick on Sunday night.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                              Member #5344
                              June 30, 2004
                              23641 Posts
                              Posted: December 12, 2004, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I hope you hit you one tonight as well..

Take care..

~

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44