Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

PowerBall 12-11-04: The pigskin challenge

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 12 years ago by twisted.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2004, 9:22 am - IP Logged

Well folks, the smoke has cleared from the big jackpot being hit on Wednesday, but pigskin has set the bar rather high with his three numbers hit out of ten numbers selected. At that rate, he could hit all five numbers out of sdventeen numbers selected. But what the heck, ten numbers are a lot cheaper to cover, so I've dusted off an old method of mine that will alow me to go with ten numbers. Come on people; with all the theories, filters, wheels, terminology, history, programs, concepts and brains on Lottery Post, it's about time we cracked the PowerBall game wide open. So what if it's not a super-size jackpot right now. Who among us wouldn't be at least a little better off with even a  ten million dollar win? It's hammer time; let's do this!

I'm using the following ten number selections to generate my lines for tonight's drawing. I'll be using the same red PowerBall number with all my lines.

11-14-15-17-19-21-22-28-44-53

Good luck to all who take up the challenge,

aye'

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2004, 10:23 am - IP Logged

Ooh, this sounds exciting!  I'm in.  I'll be back later with #s.

United States
      Member #8747
      November 16, 2004
      213 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2004, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

I have to say, it seems a better choice after you have figured out all the numbers you think are gonna come up, you bet on the opposite.

Everyone seems they want to recuperate. Don't be sore losers. It will only cost you $1 to play.

But I take this low jackpot opportunity to make a mockery of the game by betting my dollar on 1 7 21 23 31 - 26 yeap it is all odd numbers that has no chance of winning.

It is part of my system not to take the game so seriously and have fun with my picks till the jackpot grows.

Greenwich, CT
        United States
        Member #4793
        May 24, 2004
        1822 Posts
        Posted: December 11, 2004, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, we all get into the hype of hundreds of millions of dollars, but $3,240,000, lump sum post tax, is a significant amount of money.  It could help fund my huge jackpot win in the future!

I spent $4 on Wednesday's drawing, and that's because I Powerplay.  $2 or $4 today, so the jackpot level doesn't much influence my spending.

Lee's Summit, Mo.
          United States
          Member #6519
          August 26, 2004
          192 Posts
          Posted: December 11, 2004, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I don't spend much time on the draw when it's at a low jackpot but I'll submit the following numbers...5,9,18,20.32.35, 36,37, 43 and 48.  For the PB, I'm looking at 9, 31,27 or 4.  I wasn't going to play tonight but a hit is possible.  Just one ticket.

Lee's Summit, Mo.
            United States
            Member #6519
            August 26, 2004
            192 Posts
            Posted: December 11, 2004, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Aye

Your enthusiam is to be commended.  However, whenever someone mentions a concerted effort to bring the PB jackpot to its knees, it seems to generate no more than a ho-hum response.  Let us all make a New Year's resolution to work at beating.  Hey, this is serious business.  I put a lot of time in on this thing.  My problem is that I don't really understand a lot of things being mentioned such as optimized wheels, 2if3 or the like.  What is that?  I take what I call the practical or garden variety approach.  For instance, of the last 50 draws where there were only a half dozen times or so that one of the white balls wasn't a first column # (1,10,19,28,37,46) or a last column #(9,16,27,36,45) on the PB ticket.  That's something I look for and try to work into my picks.  Maybe someone else might think something like this is irrelevant, maybe not.  But we shouild start throwing things like this out and it may give someone an idea for something to look into.  For instance, has anyone directed their their attention for a possible need for a analysis of the numbers, etc. starting with the first draw after a jackpot has been hit?  I joined the LP with high hopes of getting some info like this but so far the brainpower which should be there seems to be lying dormant.  C'mon hop to it.   There's a code to this thing and the idea is to try to decipher it.  The egnigma code machine that the Nazi's developed before WW 2 had billions of possible variations and it was broken.  Let's dispense with the trivial nonsense and try to get with this thing. 

Greenwich, CT
              United States
              Member #4793
              May 24, 2004
              1822 Posts
              Posted: December 11, 2004, 7:31 pm - IP Logged

3-5-8-19-34-35-37-41-45-47

PB: 33 or 39

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19824 Posts
                Posted: December 11, 2004, 10:38 pm - IP Logged

08 09 13 18 24 26 27 31 37 39

PB: 01 19 11 24 27

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                  Member #8747
                  November 16, 2004
                  213 Posts
                  Posted: December 11, 2004, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

Hey Pigskin,

I really doubt that there is a formula for random numbers. Nobody has proven yet that analysing numbers gives you any advantage.

Yet I do so because you get a sense of what is good or bad number like you can judge who is a good person or bad person from your experience in life.

I think with the enigma code it was one of those things that requires extremely difficult formula to generate but easy to decipher.

Powerball the best I am told is random. A code that predicts random numbers? I am not gonna try that.

twisted's avatar - underground
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #2376
                    September 25, 2003
                    582 Posts
                    Posted: December 11, 2004, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

The enigma code was a type of encryption for data. Predicting numbers for the lottery is a little different.

ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
                      Member #4416
                      April 22, 2004
                      1075 Posts
                      Posted: December 12, 2004, 8:06 am - IP Logged

pigskin,

It looks like you've still got the bragging rights. None of us had more than one number in our ten number selections from the 5/53 pool. JAG331 had the 41 ball and I called the 53. I'm not discouraged though. I've had some success with the method I used to derive those number selections. The lottery is random but not perfectly random, so no method is going to give the best results every time it's used.

I'm glad to see some of the more serious minds in Jackpot Games taking up The Pigskin Challenge. What do you say folks, shall we continue the challenge on Wednesday? If you can raise the bar to four numbers hit out of ten numbers selected and properly execute those numbers, your award will be $100. If you manage to hook those numbers to the right red PowerBall number, your award will be $5000. (Let's be clear that you'll be bankrolling your own award fund by actually playing the numbers you select.) Of course, you'll also inherit bragging rights and we'll rename the challenge using your screen name.

I think your observation about the absence of the lateral perimeter numbers on the play slips is as valid as any approach. To my way of thinking, the only measures of success are cashing tickets and turning a profit. If you can get results that way, I say, "Go for it." I also happen to do a lot of pencil and paper work because I'm always looking at new angles that occur to me. One of the most profitable methods I've ever used involves starting with several lines of Quick Picks and advancing the numbers as they're hit from draw to draw. I don't know if there's any science to it, but the numbers do tend to evolve toward future draw numbers and I've cashed some nice tickets with that method. As I said, no method is going to give the best results 100% of the time. If it did, every jackpot game in the world would be hit by multiple players on every draw...lol. Imagine that!

I agree with you that it's time to put the ridicule, apathy, laziness, and nay-saying behind us so we can get on with busting these jackpot games wide open. I hope The Pigskin Challenge on the PowerBall game will help us all do just that. Like you, I'm not here for the socializing. I came to Lottery Post to sharpen my playing skills and win the lottery. It's not just a game for me; it's about winning big bucks. If I were only interested in probability, statistics, and philosophy, I could derive much greater satisfaction at far less expense by just analyzing the games and selecting numbers but not putting my money down.

Good luck to all challengers,

aye'

By the way, the "if" and "of" thing about the wheels pertains to the guarantee. Wheels are designed with the objective of guaranteeing that a certain number of numbers will be matched on at least one line if a certain number of your number selections happen to prove correct. For example, 3if4of9 would be a guarantee that you'd match 3 numbers on at least one line if 4 of the 9 numbers you use in your wheel are drawn. That's my rather crude understanding, so someone please correct this if I'm wrong. BobP is one of the unofficial wheel experts on the boards, so you might ask him or search through some of his posts. He's had plenty to say about wheels.

United States
                        Member #8747
                        November 16, 2004
                        213 Posts
                        Posted: December 12, 2004, 10:02 am - IP Logged

Hey, It sounds interesting.

Try to match 4 out of 10 numbers to try and beat Pigskin's record of 3 out of 10.

I think I can do that while understanding that it isn't the same as getting paid $100 for matching 4 out 5 without the powerball.

Greenwich, CT
                          United States
                          Member #4793
                          May 24, 2004
                          1822 Posts
                          Posted: December 12, 2004, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm back in it for Wednesday.  The 6 and 7 slid right by the 5-8 I had on one line!!

Lee's Summit, Mo.
                            United States
                            Member #6519
                            August 26, 2004
                            192 Posts
                            Posted: December 13, 2004, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

To Get Paid and Twisted.

Your replies to Aye's and my suggestion brought a great old movie to mind.The Good earth which starred Paul Muni and Luise Rainer(she won the best actress oscar for her performance).  The cast included Walter Connolly, a well-known character actor of the '30s.  He played the uncle and arguably one of the most pessimistic roles in the history of screen.  He constantly looked at the negative side of things and would say-"just as I predicted.  It's a disaster.  We're done for.  Nothing we can do.'  When hordes of locusts came over the hill-billions-and descended on the wheat crop, everyone grabbed anything they could find..brooms, spades, etc...and ran out into the fields in a surely futile attempt to beat the pests to  death and save the crop, while the uncle found a chair and commented,  Just as I predicted.  Its useless, etc., in his typically negative fashion.

I would remind you that this is the 21st Century.  Many reputable scientist are saying ET travelers are surely out there. If so, they would have to be far advanced beyond what we are in all endeavors..including parapsychology.  If they are out there-and I don't know if they are, maybe they spend time amusing themselves playing games...such as fooling around with the lotteries to see if we have enough brains to figure it out.  Am I reaching.  Probably yes.  But since I'm spending time trying to figure out the right numbers, I'm willing and do actively solicit any new ideas.  What I don't want to do is take the uncle's point of view and say, Another losing draw.  It's useless, Just as I predicted

twisted's avatar - underground
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #2376
                              September 25, 2003
                              582 Posts
                              Posted: December 13, 2004, 1:54 pm - IP Logged
                              Quote: Originally posted by pigskin on December 13, 2004

To Get Paid and Twisted.

Your replies to Aye's and my suggestion brought a great old movie to mind.The Good earth which starred Paul Muni and Luise Rainer(she won the best actress oscar for her performance). The cast included Walter Connolly, a well-known character actor of the '30s. He played the uncle and arguably one of the most pessimistic roles in the history of screen. He constantly looked at the negative side of things and would say-"just as I predicted. It's a disaster. We're done for. Nothing we can do.' When hordes of locusts came over the hill-billions-and descended on the wheat crop, everyone grabbed anything they could find..brooms, spades, etc...and ran out into the fields in a surely futile attempt to beat the pests to death and save the crop, while the uncle found a chair and commented, Just as I predicted. Its useless, etc., in his typically negative fashion.

I would remind you that this is the 21st Century. Many reputable scientist are saying ET travelers are surely out there. If so, they would have to be far advanced beyond what we are in all endeavors..including parapsychology. If they are out there-and I don't know if they are, maybe they spend time amusing themselves playing games...such as fooling around with the lotteries to see if we have enough brains to figure it out. Am I reaching. Probably yes. But since I'm spending time trying to figure out the right numbers, I'm willing and do actively solicit any new ideas. What I don't want to do is take the uncle's point of view and say, Another losing draw. It's useless, Just as I predicted

I wasnt trying to be pessimistic. All I pointed out was that enigma code was a type of encryption. Cracking encryption code and predicting numbers are just a little different. I never said what you guys are doing here is pointless and you should abandon it.

Its great that there are people trying to predict numbers and win the lottery. I'm glad that you guys are doing it. I just believe that "I" am ill equipped (dont have the proper tools and information) to predict something as chaotic (i dont think lotteries are random as in the proper meaning of the term) as balls bouncing in a confined space.

And I agree with the scientists who believe there are intelligent living beings out there in the universe (besides us). As the movie Contact said, "if its just us, seems like an awful waste of space."