Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Another state lottery?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lake Charles, LA
United States
Member #9619
December 14, 2004
22 Posts
Posted: December 14, 2004, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

A question for everyone.  Do you, or have u ever driven to another state just to get lottery tickets?  Share your experiences!  I just happen to like TX games better than LA.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: December 14, 2004, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

I live in NY, and prefer the Connecticut games.

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8363 Posts
      Posted: December 14, 2004, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I live i Maryland we have Megamillions here. I will drive to Washington DC to get powerball tickets when the pot gets high while there i might buy a hot lotto and or a couple pick 3 and 4 numbers . But i don't drive there to buy tickets any other time. If i lived close enought to the  borderline of another state i might get tickets in two states. If i hapen to be traveling to another state to visit somebody or whatever i will buy tickets there. Last year i had to go to PA to get somthing for my motorcycle i had to go up 95 north i bought lottery tickets in 3 states that day Deleware, PA, and Jersey. I say if it fits your time and travel schedule buy em where you find em.

rabbitfoot's avatar - 8ball

United States
        Member #620
        August 25, 2002
        205 Posts
        Posted: December 14, 2004, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

When I lived 20 miles from the MO line, I would drive over every week or two to buy Powerball tickets.  Now that I live farther away, I only buy other state Powerball tickets if I'm driving through it.  I believe IN is 110 miles away.

I play to dream and dream of winning a major jackpot!

Lake Charles, LA
          United States
          Member #9619
          December 14, 2004
          22 Posts
          Posted: December 14, 2004, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

I just got back from TX.  I've been playing their games for the past few weeks consistently.  I think I'll lower down to once every week or two.  It's a 30 mile drive.  I also like to travel anyway so I enjoy the ride. 

United States
            Member #1826
            July 11, 2003
            2645 Posts
            Posted: December 14, 2004, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Well, I like the Match 6 here in PA. And for Pick 3, I also stay here for the Daily Number. But for Pick 4, I'll go to New Jersey (sometimes less than $5,000 on a straight, but usually more).

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
              Yinzer Country, PA
              United States
              Member #4067
              March 18, 2004
              2741 Posts
              Posted: December 14, 2004, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

whenever i'm at school, i'll play the ohio lottery. i've had better luck in ohio too. i used to go down to west virginia to play hot lotto and cash 25.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.