Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Texas 12/23 Midday

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Texasman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Poway CA (San Diego County)
United States
Member #3489
January 25, 2004
14120 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2004, 7:57 am - IP Logged

#9 with pure odd digits

MollyG's avatar - happy
    TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
    United States
    Member #9019
    November 25, 2004
    523 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2004, 8:09 am - IP Logged

C-Dude,

The 999 has been a no-show....but, ya never know!

Thanks!

United States
      Member #3489
      January 25, 2004
      14120 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2004, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Every number has the same odds (1000:1), so it has the same chance of showing as does 146!

But, a pure number is due and I have to pick a number to play.  I picked the number 9, so the "9 with pure odd digits" was my pick for this draw.  This is my "If...If...Win!" method.  So, in this case IF the number 9 hits, and IF the number is a pure number...we WIN!

I hope you get a winner.

MollyG's avatar - happy
        TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
        United States
        Member #9019
        November 25, 2004
        523 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2004, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Thanks C-Dude,

I am aware of the 1000:1, but was just wondering:  if a set of numbers (ie 999) hasn't hit in 11 years and 2 months and ALL of the other combinations have....what category does that fall under? wouldn't be Odds, because they remain the same, no matter what (I guess).  Statistics? or what?

Thanks for you input.

MollyG

HOUSTON
          United States
          Member #1625
          June 7, 2003
          1089 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2004, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

Did you pick 9 because it's the coldest number currently?  And why the odd play?  On my spreadsheet nine is due with an odd number, but not so much that I would put all my money on it.  6 is more of a prominent number for me on the day draw.

United States
            Member #3489
            January 25, 2004
            14120 Posts
            Posted: December 23, 2004, 3:05 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by MollyG on December 23, 2004

Thanks C-Dude,

I am aware of the 1000:1, but was just wondering:  if a set of numbers (ie 999) hasn't hit in 11 years and 2 months and ALL of the other combinations have....what category does that fall under? wouldn't be Odds, because they remain the same, no matter what (I guess).  Statistics? or what?

Thanks for you input.

MollyG

We know that when flipping a coin the heads should come up 1/2 the time, but try it and you will find that that is not true over the "short" term.  So, the odds stay the same, but that doesn't mean all numbers will be equal.  In California the 019 (in any order) comes in more than any other number.  Why is this?  I don't know. 

With your example, Molly, of a number being out for over 11 years just shows that the method of drawing the 3 digit numbers is NOT truly random even if a computer is not being used.

When mathematicians or cryptographers want random numbers, they use the radio active decay of a radio active isotope.  It is the most random generator of numbers we have.

United States
              Member #3489
              January 25, 2004
              14120 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2004, 3:17 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Three2001 on December 23, 2004

Did you pick 9 because it's the coldest number currently?  And why the odd play?  On my spreadsheet nine is due with an odd number, but not so much that I would put all my money on it.  6 is more of a prominent number for me on the day draw.

I first look at my 10-digit number to see if any digit is in its respective position.  If so, I will use that number as my Key number.  If not, as in this case, I look for another number to play.  It isn't always the coldest digit, but in this case it was.  My database is COMBINED and a pure number has skipped 7 times, so I decided it was time to start playing pure numbers.  If I'm going to play the 9 and pure numbers...there is the reason for my chart!

When I play my "If...If...Win!" method, I have to find TWO conditions that, if they BOTH happen, we win!!

Texasman's avatar - rocket
                Glergenflergen, Texas
                United States
                Member #7809
                October 13, 2004
                962 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2004, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

CalifDude,

I agree with you about the 9, C'Dude.  On my Evening "bell curve" chart, the 9 is set for some extreme action.  It will drop down dramatically on my chart tomorrow and the next day, unless it is drawn during the same time period to retain it's position.  I suspect it will come as a double, maybe that elusive 999, or show up once three days in a row.  Gotta play it and only be concerned about the other two digits.

Threepix's avatar - lion
                  Houston
                  United States
                  Member #8829
                  November 18, 2004
                  89 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2004, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Texasman I know what  a bell curve is but how do you use it?

Texasman's avatar - rocket
                    Glergenflergen, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #7809
                    October 13, 2004
                    962 Posts
                    Posted: December 23, 2004, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Threepix,

I'm still working on how to interpret what I see within the bell curve chart and even the best way to create it.  What I have seen is that if you use more than 10 drawings, the numbers start to flatten out into various positions to where all you can consider are the coldest numbers. Perhaps I need to even cut down the number of drawings I consider down to 5 or 6 drawings, instead of 9 drawings.  Don't know yet.