Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:02 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

reggie white 1961-2004

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
Beautiful Florida
United States
Member #5709
July 18, 2004
20108 Posts
Posted: December 26, 2004, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

i know this doesn't have  anything to do with lottery, but to all of you who follow football. possibly the best defensive player in the nfl. reggie white passed away today. my prayers and deepest sympathy goes out to the white family.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: December 26, 2004, 4:38 pm - IP Logged

Me too. It was a shock (so young at 43) to hear it.  And if you're a Packer fan, this means something to you. He wasn't only a great player, he was a good man. God bless him.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
      Tennessee
      United States
      Member #7853
      October 15, 2004
      11338 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2004, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

i was one of the first people to ever see reggie white play professional football,i live in memphis and he came to play with the memphis showboats in the USFL in 1985.i was just about 10 or 11 then and i got a life size poster that you measure your growth with that has reggie white on it that they sold at one of the games.this really is sad because he was one of my first heroes in football when me and my dad would go watch him play.everytime he had a sack i think he donated a certain amount of money to charity.a real good guy that will be missed........

USA
        United States
        Member #1849
        July 15, 2003
        265 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2004, 6:43 pm - IP Logged

Great man, great preacher, great player. He did everything well. I'm thankful for such great example of people in life. He's only human but he was a greater man than I.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
          Clarkston, Michigan
          United States
          Member #76
          January 6, 2002
          8528 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2004, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

He touched many lives.........many

By the way, Badger...my husband is the greatest Packer fan.  He is from Sheboygan, and one of his greatest thrills was last year he went to the "frozen tundra" with my son to watch them play.

Sandy

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: December 27, 2004, 7:33 am - IP Logged

Sandy K,

When he gets enshrined in Canton next year (I believe that's his first eligible year) it will be pretty emotional. It's too bad that he didn't live long enough to participate in it. Also, I think the Packers were waiting to retire #92 along with #4 when Brett retires. That will be another emotional dvent. ANd Sheboygan is a nice place. Been there many times. Not big, but really "cozy".

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
              USA
              United States
              Member #8242
              October 29, 2004
              1133 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2004, 7:06 pm - IP Logged

Wow, it was a surprise when I heard it on the radio. I remember when he was on the Green Bay Packers... feels like just yesterday. Wasn't he part of the Super Bowl wins in Green Bay, before the Denver Broncos back-to-back SB wins?