Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery for the tsunami victims

Topic closed. 27 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Would you play a small jackpot lotto game in which the profits benefit the tsunami victims?

Yes [ 23 ]  [71.88%]
No [ 8 ]  [25.00%]
Im not telling because im paranoid. [ 1 ]  [3.12%]
Total Valid Votes [ 32 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 6 ]  
Justin's avatar - hatchap
Stevens Point
United States
Member #6457
August 24, 2004
3030 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2005, 2:52 am - IP Logged
Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 5, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Justin on January 5, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by kbcherokee on January 4, 2005

How about it Mr. JW?

Would you like to contribute to the Tsunami Fund?

They sure could use your help...

Chief

Really i wish i could, im trying to get enough money to fix my car, so i can drive to work, to pay for my car.......

Justin:

I was referring to the "Mr. Jack Whittaker" in West Virginia. The one that won the $319M.

lol oh

My initials are JW, but i should have known cuz my last name isnt on here

that was a good laugh though lol

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20117 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2005, 9:10 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by st.germain on January 6, 2005

Get REAL...the last thing they need is lottery machines or lotto games.  They could use 5 dollars from every one here. At a couple of thousand people here at the post..that would translate to thousands of dollars. Are YOU "game"?  How about it todd?

no at $5.00 per person @ 10,000+ here at lp, that would equate to at least $50,000, and i'm all for that....!!!!!!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

st.germain's avatar - Tarlor
      chicago ill.
      United States
      Member #3600
      February 4, 2004
      337 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:32 am - IP Logged

10,000 + people..WOW !!    50,000 dollars would help a lot of people there. Let's forget our differences . They need bandages ..medicine...food......clothing...shelters.

We take alot for granted and I for one would like to give something back. I know there are many charities out there but it would be a feather in the cap for LP to participate, not that they are required to do so.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
        Stevens Point
        United States
        Member #6457
        August 24, 2004
        3030 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2005, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I would do $5

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
          Waukegan, IL
          United States
          Member #8043
          October 22, 2004
          753 Posts
          Posted: January 14, 2005, 5:45 am - IP Logged

Indonesian terrorism is clearly bigger than we thought and there are more little groups  than we thought.  It covers the entire country  - that is the scary thing

-Sydney  Jones of the  International Crisis Group (FEER December 19, 2002)

I guess that I will be the one to do it......... Indonesia is one of the most populous muslim countries in the world. While we were there we were constantly reminded of the threats posed against us from terrorist actions. I am not by any means trying to imply that all muslims are terrorist but I am saying that the track record with the muslim community and terrorism doesn't look so good. America is the first country that helps others while disregarding out own and yet we are also the first country that gets the finger pointed at us. I would rather find an elderly AMERICAN man or woman who has to sacrifice food for medication and give my five bucks to them. Just out of curiosity, what did Indonesia donate to America to rebuild the World Trade Center or to help the families? Two simple words that cant be said on here......

chicago ill.
            United States
            Member #3600
            February 4, 2004
            337 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2005, 8:23 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by GoArmy on January 14, 2005

Indonesian terrorism is clearly bigger than we thought and there are more little groups  than we thought.  It covers the entire country  - that is the scary thing

-Sydney  Jones of the  International Crisis Group (FEER December 19, 2002)

I guess that I will be the one to do it......... Indonesia is one of the most populous muslim countries in the world. While we were there we were constantly reminded of the threats posed

against us from terrorist actions. I am not by any means trying

to imply that all muslims are terrorist but I am saying that the

track record with the muslim community and terrorism doesn't

look so good. America is the first country that helps others

while disregarding out own and yet we are also the first

country that gets the finger pointed at us. I would rather find

an elderly AMERICAN man or woman who has to sacrifice food

for medication and give my five bucks to them. Just out of

curiosity, what did Indonesia donate to America to rebuild the

World Trade Center or to help the families? Two simple words

that cant be said on here......

Of course your right ,go army. It has been 30 plus years since I have served in the s.e. asia theater....and have forgotten the dangers . Maybe , and I hope that it never happens here..tsunamis..maybe , the people will pull together here as they have "over there" . I know that some do...but never in recorded history have so  many gathered together as they have in this particular incident.  Lets,,indeed....take care of our own, first and foremost.!!  Semper Fi !!! 

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8362 Posts
              Posted: January 14, 2005, 11:03 am - IP Logged

There is so much aid pouring in from countries all over the world. Many items are perishing on the docks being stolen etc. The Indo's said in a news conference that they don't want Americans over there they want all our people out by March 05. I think we should re think our policy's on helping other countries that don't want our help. Regardless of whether they need it or not. Maybe we should pull out our 350 million dollar gift to them.

I'll also tell you that we would help any county for almost any reason. While they leave the homeless in America to fend for themselves and we have food lines in almost every state in our country. If their was to be any kind of lottery to help people their should be one to help Americans cope with joblessness healthcare and every other type of pitfall Americans face every day. Their are enough organization's in place for taking care of almost ever disaster. Americans shouldn't have to dig into their pockets to help countries that don't appreciate it.

Remember also that for every dollar we send to these countries how much of it do you actually think is going to help these people. The people that control these moneys are probably going to steal 75% of it for themselves.

chicago ill.
                United States
                Member #3600
                February 4, 2004
                337 Posts
                Posted: January 18, 2005, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I once read somewhere that for every dollar that goes out in donations that only twelve cents gets there.

SirMetro's avatar - center
                  East of Atlanta
                  United States
                  Member #6191
                  August 11, 2004
                  1389 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

In line with what GoArmy said, my stepdaughter reminded me, it was in the streets of Aceph that the people there danced and celebrated when the Twin Towers was attacked. Given that just a bit of consideration, perhaps the statement of what you give returns 10 fold kinda applies...we lost over 3000 innocent people who's only desire in life was to make it better because a "group" of terrorist doesn't like the US. (Our family was lucky that we did not lose anyone, our relatives that happened to work on the top floor of Tower 1 was having coffee and donuts at a little cafe outside).

Condemn me if you please, but as you do...remember the facts...they celebrated while our nation mourned...do not expect sympathy from me for them.

Sir Metro

Truth...they say it doesn't hurt...what do you think?

United States
                    Member #379
                    June 5, 2002
                    11296 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2005, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

9/11 (a Tuesday) was a Lottery New$ delivery day. The magazine folded 3-1/2 months later.

undress's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                      roseville, MI
                      United States
                      Member #5980
                      July 30, 2004
                      18205 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2005, 8:40 pm - IP Logged

They can't afford to play the Lottery.

Mad ALL IN!Mad

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: February 2, 2005, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Often the people least able to afford the lottery do play.

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: February 4, 2005, 9:50 am - IP Logged

That's what I think anyway.