Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Perhaps a new idea?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Karmal64.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Midwest
United States
Member #9902
December 26, 2004
12 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2005, 6:42 pm - IP Logged

Greetings all:

New here, but not new to this particular subject as I've played with it off and on for the last five years or so here in MN and western Wisconsin. My congratulations to whoever conceived this website, for I had much the idea myself, only not the time to do it. I bet you heard THAT before, huh?

Have you considered incorporating the following?

It would be interesting to be able to have an interactive gui-style bar graph/histogram/pie chart/frequency chart display that would illustrate the frequency of predictions from each number for any given draw. This gui would include all forms of predicion that members utilize here from statistical/mathematical/neural/genetic/data mining...to more esoteric forms such as astrology, numerology, sun spots, misc. cycles, Bible Code, psychic or whatever.

If one could graph certain combinations or just one style of prediction utilized by several members to see if there are any trends, and better yet download or copy and paste this data into a spread sheet so one could further crunch it at home, that would be something utterly unique on the web to the best of my knowledge.

And if you could take all that horrible horse-race data that is fraught with all those archaic symbols and fractions that are gibberish to any spreadsheet program, and render them all in decimal signs that could be cut/pasted or downloaded, I'd strongly consider becoming a paying member. The horse racing people prefer to keep the data as is as only their software finds it comprehensible without a lot of recoding and eye strain.

What do you say?!

K64

United States
    Member #89
    January 18, 2002
    2092 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Karmal64,

Hello! You have some interesting thoughts and some of it may be quite viable. I can visualize these thoughts in a statistical program with coding to break down lotto and lottery information. Putting all of that information on this website may be a bit much though. Were Todd to have a sister site linked to "LP" for that purpose only, it could be very possible! What we may be looking at though is having a lot of backing (sponsors or one "sugar-daddy) or having a mall full of people in and out of that website at all hours. Then there is the problem of having expert programers who can sub into lottomath in order to create the appropriate breakdowns and be able to set the various programs into plain English or for that fact, have them translated into other languages. I like your thoughts but on this we are talking some very large expenses. Perhaps, we could get a generic bar graph setup to be used for some of the common games and have a trial period with a login/off to count the interest in this math roundup. Who knows other than Todd?

Good talking with you,

Teufellj...

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2005, 10:13 pm - IP Logged
      Quote: Originally posted by Karmal64 on January 4, 2005

If one could graph certain combinations or just one style of prediction utilized by several members to see if there are any trends, and better yet download or copy and paste this data into a spread sheet so one could further crunch it at home, that would be something utterly unique on the web to the best of my knowledge.

I think what we do have here is utterly unique on the web.  I would ask you to point to one other web site that has what we have here.  I am serious.  One other web site.

The graphs you are looking for can be derived from the information here, but it would require a little work on your part to manipulate the data in Excel (and parsing the data).  It is definitely not spoon-fed, and I think any site that tried to spoon feed that kind of information would be quickly outmoded, and then people would be requiring/asking for something else.  It's much better to do what we do here: provide all the information and tools in one place, so that people can dissect it in any which way to suit their fancy.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2005, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Todd you are absolutely correct that no other site has as many features as you do and there will always be people you want the whole enchilada with or without the trim.

A web site does exist that has all a graphical analysis of the lottery numbers for viewing.

color=#800080Lottery Winning Strategies, Picks -

color=#800080http:// /

click upper left-hand corner of the site where it says analysis i use this site once in a while when I back track my picks to see if I get any matches close to theirs.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19825 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2005, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

My congratulations to whoever conceived this website, for I had much the idea myself, only not the time to do it. I bet you heard THAT before, huh? 

Don't forget you also need some programming skills or the money to hire someone with those skills just to start a unique website like this one.  Every body got some ideas and 24 hours in their days, but not everybody can program a website or afford to hire some else to do it. 

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
            Member #9517
            December 10, 2004
            1272 Posts
            Posted: January 6, 2005, 8:45 am - IP Logged

What about http://www.LottoGenius.com ?

They got something similar to what Karmal64 is asking for.
            I don't know anything about the quality of the statistical package their subscribers get.

Midwest
              United States
              Member #9902
              December 26, 2004
              12 Posts
              Posted: January 6, 2005, 2:22 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 5, 2005

I think what we do have here is utterly unique on the web.  I would ask you to point to one other web site that has what we have here.  I am serious.  One other web site.

The graphs you are looking for can be derived from the information here, but it would require a little work on your part to manipulate the data in Excel (and parsing the data).  It is definitely not spoon-fed, and I think any site that tried to spoon feed that kind of information would be quickly outmoded, and then people would be requiring/asking for something else.  It's much better to do what we do here: provide all the information and tools in one place, so that people can dissect it in any which way to suit their fancy.

Good day,

I don't necessarily disagree with you, for I made my SPSS, Excel and misc. data analysis software much more fun by using lottery data in lieu of the deadly dull kinds of data. At the very least I gained valuable skills for work and leisure.

While I didn't mean to imply that this site was't unique, from my experience in internet-based business, I've learned that lazy sells. And with all the data crunching I do already, if someone can sell me recoded data that's universally compatible with standard software at a reasonable price it's certainly something worth looking into. From my perspective it's merely a business suggestion, not a criticism or anything personal.

Even with clean data one would still have to invent a practical system to glean winning numbers from it at home, and in my opinion that's the REAL hard part.  And naturally it's only human nature that if we do find something that has at least some merit, a clever person will not breath a word of it. Why?

Case in point: There apparently was a gentleman in Hong Kong who found a strong enough correlation on the visible codes ontheir version of scratch tickets to be able to determine winners at a glance. Obviously he got y and talked too much, for it made the news even here. Consequently their government not only changed the scratch tickets, but confiscated all the remaining ones.

Moral of the story? Thou shalt "shut up" if one ever has a genuine get-rich idea, "shut up" lest it become common knowledge. The government will either make it illegal or tax it into oblivion. After all they want to make money--not give it away. Or potentially worse, everyone will start doing it, and the value of something like that is in inverse proportion to the amount of people who use it.

Best wishes,and thanks for the links,

K4

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19825 Posts
                Posted: January 7, 2005, 7:34 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Karmal64 on January 6, 2005

While I didn't mean to imply that this site was't unique, from my experience in internet-based business, I've learned that lazy sells. And with all the data crunching I do already, if someone can sell me recoded data that's universally compatible with standard software at a reasonable price it's certainly something worth looking into. From my perspective it's merely a business suggestion, not a criticism or anything personal.

K4

If you go to the home pages/websites of several posters, you'll find some have rework the data and do sell it.  Some have proprietary ways of during it and other do it in ways you can do yourself with basic math skills.  For those players who don't want to spend the time to rework the data and pick their own combinations, QP's may be the way to go.

RJOh

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Midwest
                  United States
                  Member #9902
                  December 26, 2004
                  12 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2005, 3:49 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by RJOh on January 7, 2005

K4

If you go to the home pages/websites of several posters, you'll find some have rework the data and do sell it.  Some have proprietary ways of during it and other do it in ways you can do yourself with basic math skills.  For those players who don't want to spend the time to rework the data and pick their own combinations, QP's may be the way to go.

RJOh

Thanks, I'll look into it, and thanks to all.

K^$

Midwest
                    United States
                    Member #9902
                    December 26, 2004
                    12 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2005, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

K4

RJOh

Midwest
                      United States
                      Member #9902
                      December 26, 2004
                      12 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2005, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

K4

RJOh

Thanks to all.

K64