Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

prize payouts for Indiana

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 12 years ago by GoArmy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LosingJeff's avatar - flower
Greenfield
United States
Member #3587
February 2, 2004
557 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2005, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Here we go again! Almost 8 am and the prize payout numbers and amounts are still not posted in Indiana. Whats the deal here?

onenumber's avatar - swordgirl
    Chicago, IL
    United States
    Member #8354
    November 2, 2004
    1580 Posts
    Posted: January 21, 2005, 1:44 pm - IP Logged

Well Jeff,

At least you have access to this information.  In Illinois, we have no idea the number of winning tickets.  I've written to the IL website regarding this and whoever is responding is acting like they don't have any idea what I'm talking about.  They keep sending me the prize information if you win a pick 3 or pick 4 number.  I know what that is, I play everyday.  I guess they don't want us to know exactly how much is being paid out.

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
      Waukegan, IL
      United States
      Member #8043
      October 22, 2004
      753 Posts
      Posted: January 21, 2005, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Onenumber, I am shocked to see that you have written to the illinois lottery. In another thread, I think that WinD posted it, I was able to get the email address for a Mr. Montgomery (I think, it has been a long time). Anyways, I have sent this guy at least four emails asking about the same thing that you were and guess what...........still no response. I have however gotten a small brochure and some ticket stubs to fill out, but absolutely no response at all. I think that they do know what we are asking about because I directed them to the TN lottery website. They are just being TIMMERS.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8366 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2005, 12:39 am - IP Logged
        Don't expect any lottery to give out information they might see as a deterrent for people to play the games. If people were to see poor payout results on a daily basis they might decided not to play certain games. However I think Illinois has a good payout because there are many more people living in IL than many other states.

To get the lottery to do anything different from what they have been doing people need to complain to the director and I don't mean one or two people you'd nee a couple thousand signatures to get them to look at what you want done and then they will do a study and maybe in about 3 years they might change the way they do things. Or you might try a senior or congressman. Tell them what you like to see the lottery do.

Maryland doesn't post any info. about the number of winners either. And I doubt that we will every find out the percentage of people who play certain games. There not going to give that information out unless they have to change their rules. And I'm sure there are industry standards that the lottery all go by and some will give out certain information and some won't. Also they have to pay someone to edit that information and update the files and some states might not want to hire web professionals to run there web sites. When they can get almost any person with limited skills to update their numerical data files for the web pages.    
          Waukegan, IL
          United States
          Member #8043
          October 22, 2004
          753 Posts
          Posted: January 22, 2005, 5:45 am - IP Logged

Losin, I just posted a thread that LottoMike started up on your behalf. Trips in any state usually payout a good chunk. Trip 5's showed up in Indiana and the state payed out like way nominal amounts. What I dont understand is how you can pay out boxed amounts when trip 5's should only be a straight payout. Maybe I messed up.

Four, thank you for the post. I wish that there was some way of getting Illinois to post the payouts. The people that I have sent emails to should have at least responded.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23277 Posts
            Posted: January 22, 2005, 7:39 am - IP Logged

GoArmy:

That's true, especially since Indiana pays out fixed amounts for the prizes, rather than pari-mutuel.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8366 Posts
              Posted: January 22, 2005, 10:25 am - IP Logged

I've sent some emails to the Maryland lottery and they specifically say to put your email address in the body of the email if you do not they will not reply. I found this out when I sent an email without my email address. A week went by without a reply. So I re-read the instructions for emailing. Something like that could have happened to your friends. Remember this is the government and they want or have to do everything by the book.

Waukegan, IL
                United States
                Member #8043
                October 22, 2004
                753 Posts
                Posted: January 22, 2005, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks four, I am sending another one out tonight with my email address in it.