Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

8888 Blocked ?? In Virginia

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Winner2Be.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mswiz777's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Va Beach
United States
Member #532
August 2, 2002
17946 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2005, 9:58 am - IP Logged

I went yesterday to play they had 8888 blocked for the whole week for the day play.  I will try today and see if I can get them in for the night play I was not thinking to do it when I was in the store. I will be play the other one's  2222 3333 4444.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2005, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Personally, I think it is pathetic to block ANY numbers.  If lots of people play those numbers every day, then that means they are making a LOT of money every time the number does not come up.  So what if it comes up occasionally, and they have to pay out a lot.  They already got a ton of money from all the losing tickets for those numbers all the other days.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

honey bee's avatar - animaniacs40
      VA.
      United States
      Member #2362
      September 21, 2003
      3020 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2005, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Mswiz  you can try to get them after the drawing

midday.And put them in for the next day.

Va Beach
        United States
        Member #532
        August 2, 2002
        17946 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2005, 10:26 am - IP Logged
        Thanks Honey Bee I did that they have it blocked for the hole week. Quote: Originally posted by honey bee on January 25, 2005

Mswiz  you can try to get them after the drawing

midday.And put them in for the next day.

Va Beach
          United States
          Member #532
          August 2, 2002
          17946 Posts
          Posted: January 25, 2005, 10:31 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 25, 2005

Personally, I think it is pathetic to block ANY numbers.  If lots of people play those numbers every day, then that means they are making a LOT of money every time the number does not come up.  So what if it comes up occasionally, and they have to pay out a lot.  They already got a ton of money from all the losing tickets all the other days.

Thanks Todd they only let a number come out like that every two or three years.  When one hit's they have the money.
            four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8393 Posts
            Posted: January 25, 2005, 11:01 am - IP Logged

Don't you mean that it is sold out. meaning that they have sold the threshhold limit set by the lottery commission. So if the number were to hit they would have to pay out somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 to 10 million dollars.  

While i hate it when they say the numbers is cut off i can understand their reasoning for this if 500,000 to a million people were able to play the number and it were to hit. Tomorrow there might not be a lottery to play.

new york
              United States
              Member #1454
              May 3, 2003
              355 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2005, 4:14 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on January 25, 2005

Personally, I think it is pathetic to block ANY numbers.  If lots of people play those numbers every day, then that means they are making a LOT of money every time the number does not come up.  So what if it comes up occasionally, and they have to pay out a lot.  They already got a ton of money from all the losing tickets for those numbers all the other days.

1935 "straight" is blocked in New York.  You can NOT play it because it is Elvis's birthday & it is played to much... so the number is removed from the game... once in a while you can get it boxed, but usally not for the same day.
                Winner2Be's avatar - diva
                Charleston
                United States
                Member #1990
                August 5, 2003
                1675 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2005, 4:23 pm - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by four4me on January 25, 2005

Don't you mean that it is sold out. meaning that they have sold the threshhold limit set by the lottery commission. So if the number were to hit they would have to pay out somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 to 10 million dollars.  

While i hate it when they say the numbers is cut off i can understand their reasoning for this if 500,000 to a million people were able to play the number and it were to hit. Tomorrow there might not be a lottery to play.

This is what happens in SC AFTER the number has sold it's limit which is set by the lottery comission.  I know it is bad, but I would rather they do this than for me to have a winning ticket and CAN'T collect the winnings.   Good Luck VA...play it on if you have an account.

Good Luck to ALL my lottery buddies!!!

Sometimes the Heart can see what the eyes cannot.