Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Pigskin Challenge: 1-29-05

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Litebets27.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2005, 5:48 am - IP Logged

I'm putting my numbers up right away for the Saturday drawing. I fell asleep on Wednesday and missed posting them. You can use up to ten number selections for your entry in The Pigskin Challenge, but I'm going with only five. I figure that I'm either confidently predicting or making a shaky guess. I don't have to worry about getting complete coverage of all possible combinations of my numbers because there's only one. Besides, I'm a cheapskate!

2-8-12-35-36

Good luck to all challengers,

aye'

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
    Virginia
    United States
    Member #1712
    June 20, 2003
    1549 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2005, 8:57 am - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by ayenowitall on January 28, 2005

I'm putting my numbers up right away for the Saturday drawing. I fell asleep on Wednesday and missed posting them. You can use up to ten number selections for your entry in The Pigskin Challenge, but I'm going with only five. I figure that I'm either confidently predicting or making a shaky guess. I don't have to worry about getting complete coverage of all possible combinations of my numbers because there's only one. Besides, I'm a cheapskate!

2-8-12-35-36

Good luck to all challengers,

aye'

aye'

Good luck on you're "numbers"...

I was wondering if we could share some information here as to you're number choices for Sat. I'm not playing PB until it gets up around $30M or higher but I do keep track and post each draw on my "Spreadsheet" so I can see what's happening.

First. You picked #2 as your first number. (I'm not sure if you check or use the Bell-Cure) to see where the numbers are heading, I do. I think it is very useful. The #2 ball last "hit" on 12-22-04. There hasn't been a ball "hit" above #9 since 01-05-05. #11 was the last ball to "hit", before that, #9 "hit the game previous. Two games previous to that, #9 and #11 "hit" together. What I'm saying here is that the Bell-Curve is telling me (I think), that no number will "hit" above #11 for another game or two.) It's right on the verge of "hitting," but I don't believe it will this next game. This could be a "Toss-up."

Second. Your second number is #8. The #8 hasen't "hit" in 38-games. Are you playing this as a "Longshot"?

Third. Your third number is #12. The #12 hasn't "hit" in 58-games. Is this another "Longshot"?

Fourth. Your fourth number is #35. This number I think has a chance of "hitting" because it's in the Bell-Cure heading in a downward motion, although it very seldom "hits" after #34, which is what it would have to do this particular game. In fact, in the last 75-games, it has never "hit" after the #34 has "hit."

Fifth. Your fifth number is #36, (Pairing with #35.) This number is in the Bell-Curve motion downward also. Which means to me, that is a possibility that it might "hit." Although #36 usually "skips" a game or two before it "hits" again after the #35.

The number #35 and #36 last "hit" together on 11-27-04.

This information is just to share with you and get your input as to what our "madness" behind our "choices" are. I hope you understand. It's always good to share ideas, after all; that's what this site, (LP) is all about, right?

Thank's for you're input,

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

Virginia
      United States
      Member #1712
      June 20, 2003
      1549 Posts
      Posted: January 28, 2005, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Tso-gali-I

Boy, this could go either way tonight...

-But I'm guessing the (5) will fall within these #'s.- 

19, 21, 24, 25, 29, 30, 34, 37, 45 and 48

My probable PB Numbers are = 05, 19, 29, 31 and 40

However, I am including #01 and #06 with the above numbers for a 12-number "Wheel" also.

Chief

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
        Member #91
        January 19, 2002
        11936 Posts
        Posted: January 28, 2005, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

good luck to you guys:

PB= 14,24,31,35

Hope I got it right this time>>>>

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Lee's Summit, Mo.
          United States
          Member #6519
          August 26, 2004
          192 Posts
          Posted: January 28, 2005, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

My #s...12,15,20,26,31,37,39,43,47 and 53.  Pbs..31 and 22.

Do I have too many odd #s?

Virginia
            United States
            Member #1712
            June 20, 2003
            1549 Posts
            Posted: January 28, 2005, 2:34 pm - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by pigskin on January 28, 2005

My #s...12,15,20,26,31,37,39,43,47 and 53.  Pbs..31 and 22.

Do I have too many odd #s?

pigskin:

They look good to me... Good luck.

Chief

United States
              Member #4416
              April 22, 2004
              1075 Posts
              Posted: January 28, 2005, 8:39 pm - IP Logged

Hey Chief,

Don't strain your brain trying to make sense of my numbers. This is a rather different method from the one I've been using recently. I do use the entirety of the history for the current Powerball matrixes, but I probably use that history in a way that's very different from the way you might use it. I've simply used the past drawings as a mechanism for a progression formula that I developed quite a few years ago. I've used the progression somewhat successfully with other jackpot games, but this is the first time I've applied it to the Powerball game.

Actually, the method I was using before might have picked the 2 and the eight, but the 35 and 36 would have been out the door. The 12 could have been chosen, but I would have had to rule out quite a few numbers before I got around to that one. By the way, it seems that the 12 is enjoying some degree of popularity among other predictors for this draw too.

Well, I'm in the middle of making some upgrades to my other method simply because I need to work with fewer numbers. It's pretty simple to choose the more obvious numbers, but I need to be able to predict with enough accuracy to catch those numbers that most systems can't even begin to see coming. The Powerball is a longshot game, so I'm thinking it takes some longshot measures and insights to beat it.

I think we have to be very careful about the conclusions that we reach from studying draw history. History is a 20/20 look at what has happened, but I really don't think it is very useful for telling us what will happen in a lottery drawing. I really don't subscribe to the idea of numbers following certain trends or conforming to past historical patterns. On the other hand, draw history can give us a very good basis for applying some solid probabilities if we do so rigorously, but there's no room for any hocus-pocus or wishful thinking. It has to be entirely mathematical. Another thing to keep in mind about draw history is that it is made on every draw. The predictor's job is to see what history will be. That's very different from what history has been.

I should have my regular method reworked before too long, but my progressions will have to serve me until then. I'm looking for a significant improvement once I have all the pieces in place.

Greenwich, CT
                United States
                Member #4793
                May 24, 2004
                1822 Posts
                Posted: January 28, 2005, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Just a thought:

It's good to see the Pigskin Challenge alive and well, although the jackpot has been hit four times in the last month and a half.  We can only hope there will be even more interest with super jackpots.

United States
                  Member #4416
                  April 22, 2004
                  1075 Posts
                  Posted: January 28, 2005, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

JAG,

This just gives us all a little time to sharpen out pencils and tweak our systems in preparation for the big money. Actually, any of it would be big money for me. I play every Powerball drawing regardless of the jackpot size. Neither the best system nor the best luck can help you if you're not in the game, right?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                    Beautiful Florida
                    United States
                    Member #5709
                    July 18, 2004
                    20126 Posts
                    Posted: January 28, 2005, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

how true those words are,   aye. in that case i'll sharpen my pencil and get back in the a.m.

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Litebets27's avatar - power
                      Maryland
                      United States
                      Member #10465
                      January 14, 2005
                      6065 Posts
                      Posted: January 28, 2005, 10:22 pm - IP Logged

Placing my two cents,

4 12 24 27 29 33 37 41 50 53

Pb # 3 11 17 or 31

notice last 9 draws started with an odd number. Will that trend continue tomorrow?

litebets27

plnwebguy's avatar - binary

United States
                        Member #3680
                        February 11, 2004
                        187 Posts
                        Posted: January 29, 2005, 9:13 am - IP Logged

wb - 6, 10, 26, 29, 31, 35, 39, 45, 48, 50
                        pb - 8 or 35

United States
                          Member #8747
                          November 16, 2004
                          213 Posts
                          Posted: January 29, 2005, 11:48 am - IP Logged

Hey guys I concerned about one thing. Why is it that we pick 10 numbers and mostly get one number right out of 10

With those odds we will get 5 out of 53 which means that we are pretty much guessing. so my question is what strategies are you guys using because my doesn't pay.

I think I am gonna be more radical with my picks.

Greenwich, CT
                            United States
                            Member #4793
                            May 24, 2004
                            1822 Posts
                            Posted: January 29, 2005, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

getpaid,

Yes, that's the issue, how do you climb above randomness?  My short term goal is to consistently (more than 60% of the time) hit at least two numbers out of ten.

United States
                              Member #4416
                              April 22, 2004
                              1075 Posts
                              Posted: January 29, 2005, 1:30 pm - IP Logged

getpaid,

That's a very astute observation. Getting one number right from ten numbers selected is probably fairly common because that's about the chance expectation: (10/53)x5 = 0.9433962264150.... In other words, no matter how you pick them with any system or no system at all, you can can expect to catch one number by dumb luck alone. I don't think that necessarily means that we're just guessing though. It just means that our methods aren't altogether consistent or perfect yet.

MADDOG10 managed to get four numbers on his first attempt. pigskin got things started when he first matched three numbers from ten selections, and several of us have since equaled that standard. This is where the challenge comes in. We're all trying to improve our methods and/or devise new methods for greater accuracy and consistency in predicting the numbers. Powerball is a huge game, so any improvements might not be readily or immediately apparent.

The basic idea is to use five to ten number selections from the 5/53 matrix to try to predict the draw numbers. Most people are sticking with ten numbers. Some of us use fewer numbers. Personally, I'm using only five numbers right now. With ten numbers, we know right off the bat that five of them will be wrong. I happen to think that we should at least be trying to have more numbers right than wrong in our selections. That can only happen using five to nine numbers, but some people just like using ten numbers. Maybe they're going more for consistency; I don't know. I do know that ultimately the proof lies in the results and cashing tickets. Whatever works for anyone is up to them.

I do happen to agree with you about going with "more radical" picks. After all, I'm sure there are thousands of people across the country who are studying up ways to beat this game. If the more obvious number selections were the way to go in winning, we'd probably have hundreds or thousands of people sharing the jackpot on every draw. The fact is that the jackpot is more often missed than hit by far. Even when there are multiple winning tickets, it would be quite uncommon to have more than two or three of them. I think a good winning system has to be able to sniff out the improbable numbers as well as the highly probable. It's a long odds game, and it'll take a long odds solution to beat it.

A number of people have discussed their Powerball strategies in the challenge threads and other places on this site. You might want to read back through some old posts to see exactly what they are doing. I hope that will inspire you enough to jump back in The Pigskin Challenge. We look forward to having you as a chalenger again.