Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NEW FEATURE: Posting Predictions for Multiple Days

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23345 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2005, 2:29 pm - IP Logged

This new feature will be a big time-saver to anyone who wants to post the same predictions for multiple drawings in a row.

On the Post Predictions page there is a new option just under the drawing date for Repeat.  You can select from 1 to 7 consecutive draws to post your numbers for.

I know this was a very often-requested feature, so I'm really glad to be able to add it.  The predictions board is a very complex piece of software, so although the change seems pretty simple, it actually was a substantial change.

The next change that I plan to make to the Post Predictions page is to add a state-selector feature, so that you can choose a list of states to post a set of predictions to.  There is one thing I can use some input from everyone on:  I don't want to circumvent the tagging of a prediction as an "all states" prediction by letting someone select all the states in the new selector without actually choosing "all states".  My idea is if someone posts numbers to more than 3 states at a time, it will be considered an "all states" prediction, even though it will only post to the states they select.  Therefore, somone can still filter out those picks by choosing not to display "all states" predictions.  My question is if 3 is the right number.  What do you think?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2005, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Good addition, Todd....like I said you're going through your "to-do" list amazingly.

In conjunction with your proposed changes, one idea to help the individual states predictions board would be to have instead of "hide all state predictions", have "predictions for this state only".

Other predictors who want to post same picks for several but not all states should be able to help with your other criteria questions and I hope they input on this for you.

Meanwhile, good work, Dude....you're doing a great Saturday here at LP.    I don't work on Saturdays if I can help it! 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8795 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2005, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

Todd,
      Thanks for the multiple draw feature. Really great.

My thought on an all staes prediction is if someone post the exact same set ot numbers or number for more than one state.
      I post for multiple states at one time but the predictions for each state do not exactly match each other as I predict each state individually.
      these are my current predictions for each state. As you see the numbers do not exactly match each state.
      An all states predictor could get around the 3 limit by doing only 3 at a time so as not to be recognized as an all state predictor

Ind mid new 1/23

____Ind eve new 1/23____

___Ga mid new 1/23___

___Ga eve new 1/23__

Louisianna picks 1/19

________N.J._mid new 1/23______

__N.J. Eve new 1/23__

N.Y.mid new 01/22

N.Y. eve new 01/22

Type

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23345 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2005, 3:42 pm - IP Logged

Rick,

I think we're talking about the same thing, but I'm just lumping everything into "all states".

When you click "Hide all state predictions", you are telling LP to only display predictions for that one state.  That's the way it works today.

What I'm saying in my first note is that if I make a state selector, and someone posts Pick 3 numbers for 20 different states at once, I'm still going to consider that an "all states" prediction, even though it did not post to every single state.  I'm trying to determine what is the maximum number of states I'd allow someone to post at once before it becomes an "all states" prediction.  My idea was 3.  Once you hit 4 states at once, I think that's not specific enough to be considered a prediction tailored to an individual state.

I'm flexible on what that number is, so I was looking for feedback on it.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23345 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2005, 3:46 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by JAP69 on January 29, 2005

Todd,
          Thanks for the multiple draw feature. Really great.

My thought on an all staes prediction is if someone post the exact same set ot numbers or number for more than one state.
          I post for multiple states at one time but the predictions for each state do not exactly match each other as I predict each state individually.
          these are my current predictions for each state. As you see the numbers do not exactly match each state.
          An all states predictor could get around the 3 limit by doing only 3 at a time so as not to be recognized as an all state predictor

John,

I agree that someone could get around the all states thing by posting again and again, but they can still do that even by posting one at a time, instead of three at a time. 

I thought by making it three that someone would have to dedicate an inordinate amount of time to get around the all states designation.

If the answer is that any number of states greater than one is to be considered all states, then I'm open to that as well, but I need to hear from several people.

United States
            Member #10438
            January 13, 2005
            431 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2005, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

my system dosn't work like that for the numbers but for pick 6 its great

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23345 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2005, 4:03 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by codmander on January 29, 2005

my system dosn't work like that for the numbers but for pick 6 its great

What do you mean?

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2005, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Todd...I totally understand where you're coming from on "all states" picks and that is up to you and those that use that feature.  Between you guys you will figure out a balance but the members have to give you their input on this one. 

Members who post multiple states and don't want to post all states, your input is necessary for Todd on this question.  Feedback time.

I've yet to find or witness a successful method of making a consistent profit in ALL drawings, 40(?) states with 55(?) drawings in all states with the same picks.  Again I would call on these type of players with their feedback to help with Todd's parameters set-up.

I didn't show a consistent  profit playing that way so I'm not able to comment on it.  But others may be able to.  Sandy K. and Laverne Maloney come to mind in past posts considering this, so I'm hoping for their input. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20228 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2005, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

todd, i believe that the number would be two(2), after that it should be considered "all states". there has been many instances, where i would have liked to post my different sets of numbers to different states, but it would've been to time consuming for me. any help in this area would be great when implimented.  thanks 

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23345 Posts
                    Posted: January 29, 2005, 8:33 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by MADDOG10 on January 29, 2005

todd, i believe that the number would be two(2), after that it should be considered "all states". there has been many instances, where i would have liked to post my different sets of numbers to different states, but it would've been to time consuming for me. any help in this area would be great when implimented.  thanks 

Maddog,

I am thinking about creating an upload format that people could basically just upload all their picks in one file.  I would establish a standard file format, and you could enter all your predictions in one shot.  Would that do it?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                      Beautiful Florida
                      United States
                      Member #5709
                      July 18, 2004
                      20228 Posts
                      Posted: January 29, 2005, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

yes it would. that will cut a lot of predicting time out.. thanks

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                        Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3112 Posts
                        Posted: January 30, 2005, 4:02 am - IP Logged

Hmmm, might be useful to be able to pull states we rarely hit out of the All State batch, like all the state drawings for Pick-3/4 with check boxes which I'm predicting for remembered as part of my account info cookie thingie.

[ ] Az3 [ ] Ca3m [ ] Ca3n [ ] Co3 [ ] Ct3m [ ] Ct4m [ ] Ct3e [ ] Ct4e [ ] DC3m [ ] DC4m [ ] DC3e [ ] DC4e [ ] De3m [ ] De4m [ ] De3e [ ] De4e, etc.

I don't really care all that much since I'm thank god not paying for these bets, but why predict for states like Mass it drags down your stats. 

An alternative would be a way to filter all the predictors down to a state game to see who is hitting there most often and whether they agreed on a number when the hit came.  What's the ultimate goal besides finding the best numbers to play. BobP