Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mass. Lottery- My Way.

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: February 1, 2005, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

Here's how I would change the Massacusetts Lottery.

Numbers: Drawings at 10:59 PM nightly. Fixed payouts.

Ca$h Winfall: Starting jackpot increased to $1 million. Jackpot cap increased to $4 million. Price reduced to $1.

Mass Cash: Matrix remains the same. Rolling jackpot starting at $100,000.

Megabucks: Annuity period extended to 30 years. Cash option added.

Keno: Doubler feature added. For an extra dollar, players can go for a chance at doubling their Keno prize.

Mega Millions: Megaplier feature added.

Any comments?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: February 1, 2005, 11:29 pm - IP Logged
    Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on February 1, 2005

Ca$h Winfall: Starting jackpot increased to $1 million. Jackpot cap increased to $4 million. Price reduced to $1.

Now there's a game I would play. But if they did that they'd have to change the matrix to quadruple the odds (double the odds for double the jackpot, then double again for slashing the price). That would bring it to a 7/44 ideally.

(insert signature here)

Roslindale, MA
      United States
      Member #5377
      July 1, 2004
      135 Posts
      Posted: February 1, 2005, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

I'd go a step further with your Keno idea and do it like RI does it - for that extra buck you can multiply your payoff by up to ten times (they draw a multiplier before each draw - it can be anything from no multiplier to 10x (IIRC 2x is the most likely outcome}).

My ideas for MA scratch tickets:

1) All winning tickets would be true winners - no more "winners" where all you get is your money back (e.g. a winning $1 ticket would be worth at least $2, a $2 ticket at least $4, etc.).

2) On tickets with multiple winning hits, the minimum payoff per hit would be the ticket cost (e.g. on a $2 ticket with multiple hits, each hit would be at least $2 - no more getting multiple hits for $1 each on $2 tickets).

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
        Yinzer Country, PA
        United States
        Member #4067
        March 18, 2004
        2741 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2005, 12:49 am - IP Logged

i wouldn't do that with every game because if you did that, you would need to have fewer winning tickets.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

United States
          Member #379
          June 5, 2002
          11296 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2005, 9:38 am - IP Logged

Megabucks and all the annuitized scratch games would have a cash option.