Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how much do u spend a week?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 12 years ago by j_mac3.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
cleveland,tennessee
United States
Member #10166
January 4, 2005
2 Posts
Posted: February 5, 2005, 10:05 am - IP Logged

just by looking at the predictions.....do u play all those numbers or what?

i play ga/tn. i also play 1 number for mid-day 3&4 and 1 number for evn 3&4 in ga and i play 2 numbers a day in tn.... for a total of $28.00 a week .

New York City
    United States
    Member #10926
    January 30, 2005
    133 Posts
    Posted: February 5, 2005, 10:10 am - IP Logged

20.00-40.00 per draw.....and I still can't win

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8360 Posts
      Posted: February 5, 2005, 11:12 am - IP Logged

way too much $$$

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
        Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
        FEMA Region V Camp #21
        United States
        Member #520
        July 27, 2002
        5699 Posts
        Posted: February 5, 2005, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Jackson, I'm also a $5 a day bettor.  It varies, but I try to stick with $35 a week, and that includes $1 a day on our Little Lotto, which is strictly a gamble.  The rest is spent on pick 3.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

MollyG's avatar - happy
          TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
          United States
          Member #9019
          November 25, 2004
          523 Posts
          Posted: February 5, 2005, 11:44 am - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by jackson on February 5, 2005

Heck no !!  On a "normal" week,  I prefer to buy a QP for 12  draws = $12.oo EXT/ANY.  That way, if I can't or don't feel like getting out to buy a ticket, at least I have a chance anyway. Then, occasionally, if I feel like playing additional numbers, I will.  I try not to spend over $2.00 a draw and there are 12 draws.  I find I spend less, if I by the weekly QP, of which I like.

I try not to be a Number Chaser......that's what the Lottery People want.

Ms5PennieGen's avatar - aeonflux
            Texas
            United States
            Member #5816
            July 23, 2004
            4355 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:10 am - IP Logged

My new strategy is to pick one number for miday and one for Evening one dollar each and run for the whole week. Play 2.50 triples on Wed and Sat total 22.00 a week.

Your present situation is not your final destination!
            Good luck...5pennies Dance
              New York City
              United States
              Member #10926
              January 30, 2005
              133 Posts
              Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:12 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Ms5PennieGen on February 6, 2005

My new strategy is to pick one number for miday and one for Evening one dollar each and run for the whole week. Play 2.50 triples on Wed and Sat total 22.00 a week.

Thats what I think I may do, Just play one number 1.00 Staright and 1.00 box.  and If its hits its Payday!!!!
                MollyG's avatar - happy
                TEXAS (yeah!)Katy
                United States
                Member #9019
                November 25, 2004
                523 Posts
                Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:44 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Ms5PennieGen on February 6, 2005

That's a good strategy.  Very similar to mine...except you pick your own number.  Sometimes, I may do that, then others I just go with the QP.  I usually don't bother with the triples...they are so few and far apart (although, this year they seem different...who knows)

The main thing is to try to come out AHEAD of the game.  If you keep track of your spending vs. winning...it can be a rude awakening.  I started doing that last year and it REALLY changed my mind on spending so much. I refuse to contribute too much to the state on lottery...they get enough from my taxes, etc.

Best of luck to all.

p.s. I actually have hit EXT/ANY on a QP...not recently, but it has worked.

Ms5PennieGen's avatar - aeonflux
                  Texas
                  United States
                  Member #5816
                  July 23, 2004
                  4355 Posts
                  Posted: February 6, 2005, 11:54 am - IP Logged

For This week I am sticking with 968(TX) until it comes. I find that most times my quick pick is one number up or down from the winning number but I have won on qp but not very often.  Good Luck!

Your present situation is not your final destination!
                  Good luck...5pennies Dance
                    Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: February 6, 2005, 5:42 pm - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by jackson on February 5, 2005

i play ga/tn. i also play 1 number for mid-day 3&4 and 1 number for evn 3&4 in ga and i play 2 numbers a day in tn.... for a total of $28.00 a week .

$28/week is $4/day so that's not unreasonable. Some people think throwing more money at the game gives them a better chance. But each combination still carries the same odds of coming in. It's like Powerball or any other game....If you buy one Powerball ticket, the chance of that combo coming in is over 120 million to 1 -- If you buy 100 Powerball tickets, the chance of one of them coming in is STILL over 120 million to 1.  Each of us during the day probably blows a couple bucks or more on things during the day (like coffee we really don't need, or a snack we could get by without) anyway. So if you take THAT money and point it towards the Pick 3, and forget the "impulse" purchases of snacks, whatever, it can allow you to go a lot longer between wins. The way I figure, if you blow it on snacks or whatever, you really get nothing back at all. At least with a  Pick 3 ticket, you can get some entertainment, AND a chance at getting something back.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Texasman's avatar - rocket
                      Glergenflergen, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #7809
                      October 13, 2004
                      962 Posts
                      Posted: February 6, 2005, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I spend anywhere between $2 and $5 a day on just the evening draw.  Still operating off of last winnings.  Will be in the red after Tuesday night if I don't win Monday or Tueday. I was able to use part of my winnings to pay a gasoline bill and car insurance.  This month may be different. Hope not.  On the other hand, if I put $2-$5 away in a coffee can, I'd have the same amount of money to pay those same bills. Go figure.  Where's the advantage?

Missouri
                        United States
                        Member #11035
                        February 2, 2005
                        99 Posts
                        Posted: February 6, 2005, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

With the way my strategy goes i just play evening draw about $6 dollars. Today on scratch offs i played $7 dollars and won $29.00 and played $7 again and won $13.00 and played again and won $8. I try to play the odds which is 5 which is about a 60% chance so i play 7 to get at least a 90% chance to win.