Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Subscriptions

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Maverick's avatar - yinyang
USA
United States
Member #8242
October 29, 2004
1133 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2005, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

Anyone purchase Lottery Subscriptions for any games in any state? Do you like it?Thanx.

Here's the recent NY Lotto winner:

February 9, 2005 LOTTO Winning Numbers:
11 - 18 - 23 - 25 - 35 - 53 BONUS NUMBER 9

Prize
Level
Numbers
Matched
Prize
Amount
No. of
Winners
First6 out of 6 numbers$30,000,000.001
Winning County:  Richmond

• Winner was a LOTTO Subscription* player from Staten Island

mrmst's avatar - disney14
    Glen Burnie, MD
    United States
    Member #427
    June 27, 2002
    208 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2005, 6:56 am - IP Logged

I live in Maryland and they offer subscriptions for the local Lotto as well as Mega Millions.  Since I like to play the same set of favorite numbers every drawing, it's a great way to be sure to be in every drawing.  Another nice little bonus is that they offer a small discount for the local Lotto when you play by subscription:  26 draws cost $25 instead of the normal $26.  Not a big discount, but every little bit helps!  They also automatically send you checks when you win, although they lump all the $2 wins together and pay at the conclusion of the subscription.

MrMST

Good luck and have a Disney Day ºoºHiding Behind Computer

United States
      Member #972
      December 30, 2002
      465 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2005, 9:47 am - IP Logged

I have one for MegaMillions in MA. They offer 104 drawings (1 year) for $90 at Christmas, it's a savings of $14, a good deal.  I recommend them if you are satisfied playing the same number all year long. 

USA
        United States
        Member #8242
        October 29, 2004
        1133 Posts
        Posted: February 16, 2005, 10:23 pm - IP Logged

Thanx for the replies.

That's my main concern. As far as I understand from reading www.nylottery.org and your two replies above, I'd like to make sure. It's not possible to pick new numbers for each upcoming draw?

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: February 17, 2005, 12:54 pm - IP Logged
          Quote: Originally posted by tg636 on February 16, 2005

I have one for MegaMillions in MA. They offer 104 drawings (1 year) for $90 at Christmas, it's a savings of $14, a good deal. I recommend them if you are satisfied playing the same number all year long.

Although you have to be a MA resident to get a MM subscription, you can call and order Megabucks and Mass Cash subscriptions no matter where you are (the only lottery to offer such a deal).

(insert signature here)

USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: February 18, 2005, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

Yea you guys were right. I got this answer from my states lottery: "Whether you pick your own numbers or choose the Quick Pick option (a one time Quick Pick of numbers), those numbers are then used for the duration of your subscription.  You have the same numbers for the whole subscription period."

IF I go for that, I'll buy the minimum subscription length possible and renew with a new combination.