Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Boxing numbers, how is it done?.....

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NC
United States
Member #11587
February 18, 2005
29 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2005, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I hear people talking about boxing numbers. How is that done? Can someone give me an example using the pick 3 or 4? Thanks!

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20228 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2005, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

example 134,    134-143-314-341-413-431  boxed

same way for pick 4...!           

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8391 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2005, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

And if you play a pick 3 number box say 134 no matter how it comes out you win. Winings are based on the amount you play on the number. Look on the rear of the play slip to see the payout information.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
        Wisconsin
        United States
        Member #1303
        March 27, 2003
        1508 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2005, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

Wolfpack,

In Pick 3 any combination that is not  a double has 6 permutations to it. (this is why they refer to it as a "6-way") That means there are 6 "straight" combinations that can be made out of it. FOr instance the combination 123 can be bet straight as

123-132-213-231-312-321

If you "box" the 123, you win no matter which combination of the 123 comes in...but you win less than a straight, because the odds of getting a box are much lower than getting a straight.

If the combo is a double (like 122) than it has 3 permutations; a "3-way". FOr 122 it would be:

122-212-221

If it hits and any of those above comes in and you have it boxed, you win...again, a lesser amount than if you had bet the striaight, but more than if it had been a 6-way. This is because doubles combinations only account for about 27-30% of all combinations srawn, statistically. Therefore it is harder to nail a double than a no-match (6-way) and therefore the payoffs are better because the odds against you are higher.

Hope this helps.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Wisconsin
          United States
          Member #1303
          March 27, 2003
          1508 Posts
          Posted: February 20, 2005, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

OH ! Probably should have mentioned, Wolfpack....the only other combination out there is the Triple; as in 888. You never bet those boxed. Only straight.

============

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
            USA
            United States
            Member #8242
            October 29, 2004
            1133 Posts
            Posted: February 20, 2005, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

Is there such a thing as a "best" play type to play?      ... like straight, box, pair play, combination play, etc... Thanx.

NC
              United States
              Member #11587
              February 18, 2005
              29 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2005, 3:37 am - IP Logged

When I go to play at the store I go to I see where people have written down pick 3 and 4 numbers. They do mathmatical functions and calculate a certain number. My friend told me that was called boxing numbers.    What are they doing? I had a friend tell me some people know ways to increase their odds on playing the right numbers.

Justin's avatar - hatchap
                Stevens Point
                United States
                Member #6457
                August 24, 2004
                3030 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2005, 4:01 am - IP Logged
                Quote: Originally posted by Wolfpack24 on February 21, 2005

I had a friend tell me some people know ways to increase their odds on playing the right numbers.

its very simple. if a 7 hasnt appeared in 23 days, then they are highly increasing their odds by playing the combos with a 7. if a 7 is drawn the next day, the odds that they will hit are MUCH better. also some people track odd and even digits, high and low digits. consecutive numbers, doubles, triples, pure numbers. you can track "anything"

it really is a simple question. how can you increase the odds? track the numbers. look for patterns. odds are your never going to get pointed to 1 combo. but if you can get it down to say 200 out of 1000 and then only make your selections from that group, you have a better chance.

justin

I believe life is about finding someone you cant live without

And showing them how much you care every day of every month of every year

Wisconsin
                  United States
                  Member #1303
                  March 27, 2003
                  1508 Posts
                  Posted: February 21, 2005, 7:28 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on February 20, 2005

Is there such a thing as a "best" play type to play?      ... like straight, box, pair play, combination play, etc... Thanx.

Depends what you mean by "best". On the back of the playslip you fill out, the odds for each type play should be shown.  Each play has different odds. Those are the odds against you. Like hitting a straight with any one combination is a one in 1,000 chance. That pays off the most money to you for your bet. Basically, the higher the odds against you, the higher the payout. Therefore, playing those plays with lower odds against you gives you a better chance at a hit...but it also pays you less when you win. Read the back of your local playslip.

============

Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #1303
                    March 27, 2003
                    1508 Posts
                    Posted: February 21, 2005, 7:34 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by Wolfpack24 on February 21, 2005

When I go to play at the store I go to I see where people have written down pick 3 and 4 numbers. They do mathmatical functions and calculate a certain number. My friend told me that was called boxing numbers.    What are they doing? I had a friend tell me some people know ways to increase their odds on playing the right numbers.

If anyone actually knew the "right numbers" that would mean the game was "fixed" and they were in on it. What those people are doing in some cases is playing numbers they believe are more likely to come up that day. There are many, many ways of getting combinations (combos) to play. Read through the Pick 3 forum here on Lottery Post and take your time. It seems that some methods work for awhile in some states, then something in that game "changes" and for awhile that method does work well anymore. It may come back and work again, but the question is "When?".

There is no sure way of getting hits. Remember to look at how much you are spending to get a hit. If a box hit pays you 40 bucks, and you have to play 40 combos at 50 cents each, you must decide if spending 20 bucks to possibly (it is more likely you will lose than win, so you have to make the decision) is worth it to you. Don't spend more than you feel comfortable with losing. Remember, it's a gamble....no matter what method you choose to get your numbers.

============

USA
                      United States
                      Member #8242
                      October 29, 2004
                      1133 Posts
                      Posted: February 21, 2005, 10:07 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by Badger on February 21, 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Maverick on February 20, 2005

Depends what you mean by "best". On the back of the playslip you fill out, the odds for each type play should be shown.  Each play has different odds. Those are the odds against you. Like hitting a straight with any one combination is a one in 1,000 chance. That pays off the most money to you for your bet. Basically, the higher the odds against you, the higher the payout. Therefore, playing those plays with lower odds against you gives you a better chance at a hit...but it also pays you less when you win. Read the back of your local playslip.

Yea I understand that. I guess I mean to ask... What do y'all mostly, usually prefer to play? Thanx
                        Wisconsin
                        United States
                        Member #1303
                        March 27, 2003
                        1508 Posts
                        Posted: February 22, 2005, 7:10 am - IP Logged

Yea I understand that. I guess I mean to ask... What do y'all mostly, usually prefer to play? Thanx

Whatever is working at any particular time in the specific game (state) you play.

There is no one "best" method out there. Pick 3 is a game you have to spend time on and work at...it changes. Personally, I usually look for patterns in the past histories. Sometimes they work and sometimes they get "cold" and stop. But you basically have only 2 options. Either study the past histories to find patterns that re-occur (like re-occurinmg pairs that show up within a certain number of days as one example, then wheel that pair) or.....Quick Picks. (which basically also include anythng like your street address, birthdate, or any other non-statistical method you care to come up with...in the end, those have as good a chance as any quick pick (1 in 1,000 straight and 1 in 167 for a 6-way box).

Read the past posts on LP and you'll find all kinds of ways people pick their combos. Try what you want on paper until you find something that works in your game. Then keep studying, because when that method goes cold, you'll need others.

============

USA
                          United States
                          Member #8242
                          October 29, 2004
                          1133 Posts
                          Posted: February 22, 2005, 8:31 pm - IP Logged
                          Quote: Originally posted by Badger on February 22, 2005

Whatever is working at any particular time in the specific game (state) you play. There is no one "best" method out there. Pick 3 is a game you have to spend time on and work at...it changes.

Ahh I see. So if I understand correctly, the present pattern dictates what type to play. Thanx.