Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Full wheels?

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 12 years ago by nt22.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Calgary
Canada
Member #9419
December 7, 2004
228 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2005, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

Does anybody know where I can get a program that will generate a full 6-49 wheel using 30 numbers?  Or a full wheel would be just as helpful.  Thanks.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2005, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Ion:

I did not read xavier's message the same way you did.

I read it that he wants to generate a Pick 6 full wheel (as opposed to abbreviated wheel) for 30 numbers, meaning every combination of the 30 numbers. In this case, the "/49" part of the request is irrelevant, so I think it was awkwardly written.

The Lottery Post Wheels page limits Pick 6 Full Wheels to 15 numbers, because I didn't want the LP server to get bogged down by answering requests for Full Wheels that would spit out millions of combinations.

I was thinking about expanding it to allow any sized set of numbers (including xaver's 30 numbers), and would just stop after a certain number of combinations.

The reason for doing this would be because the LP Full Wheels page allows you to set filters on the wheel, so if you apply a very narrow-pass filter, a 30-number set could be feasbile.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ExpertLotto's avatar - appicon
      Trebic
      Czech Republic
      Member #8380
      November 3, 2004
      66 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2005, 5:17 am - IP Logged

maybe have a look at expert lotto. it does all kinds of 'full wheels' and the prepared beta version allows to use any (combination of) filter.

... and you can have the full version for free - see terms & conditions at our website.

Expert Lotto Team

lottoarchitect's avatar - waveform

Greece
        Member #2815
        November 18, 2003
        502 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2005, 6:14 am - IP Logged

Also, you can try Lotto Architect, my software. It can generate any full wheel from Pick 2-7 up to 99 numbers (Pick 7 up to 75 numbers), which you can filter with any sort of filters you like (700+ normal filters & number groups filters). However, keep in mind saving such wheels will need hundreds of MB.

If you have something to do, at least do it well...

Pretoria
          South Africa
          Member #6062
          August 4, 2004
          54 Posts
          Posted: February 24, 2005, 8:11 am - IP Logged

xavier102772,

Yo can download the LottoGenius Full Wheels Generator (File FWG.exe) for free from http://www.lottogenius.com/Download/default.asp

This file can create any Full Wheel.

Cheers,

Datenda

Tata Syndicate Boss

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23352 Posts
            Posted: February 24, 2005, 9:12 am - IP Logged
            Quote: Originally posted by ExpertLotto on February 24, 2005

maybe have a look at expert lotto. it does all kinds of 'full wheels' and the prepared beta version allows to use any (combination of) filter.

... and you can have the full version for free - see terms & conditions at our website.

$60 after 10 days, not free.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Trebic
              Czech Republic
              Member #8380
              November 3, 2004
              66 Posts
              Posted: February 24, 2005, 9:22 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by Todd on February 24, 2005

$60 after 10 days, not free.

everybody can get the full license for free, they only have to use the demo create a new lottery not in our list yet (10 minutes job) and email it to us.

imho, it's not so bad - $60 for 10 minutes at your pc...

(you can also buy a time-limited 10 days license for $10 if you want to try all application's features)

Expert Lotto Team

Pretoria
                South Africa
                Member #6062
                August 4, 2004
                54 Posts
                Posted: February 24, 2005, 10:50 am - IP Logged

everybody can get the full license for free, they only have to use the demo create a new lottery not in our list yet (10 minutes job) and email it to us.

(you can also buy a time-limited 10 days license for $10 if you want to try all application's features)

ExpertLotto,

Has someone already done it for the South African Lottery. If not, then I will have a go.

Cheers,

Datenda

Tata Syndicate Boss

Trebic
                  Czech Republic
                  Member #8380
                  November 3, 2004
                  66 Posts
                  Posted: February 24, 2005, 10:55 am - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Datenda on February 24, 2005

ExpertLotto,

Has someone already done it for the South African Lottery. If not, then I will have a go.

Cheers,

Datenda

i think there somebody email us from south africa some time ago but he/she never got back - so you're very welcome.

pls note that submitted lotteries must have playslip printing setup correctly (there's a nice wizard for that in the demo) and also at least one month worth of latest winning numbers included (there's also a nice wizard for importing of winning numbers).

email us if you have troubles setting the lottery up - we'll help.

Expert Lotto Team

Calgary
                    Canada
                    Member #9419
                    December 7, 2004
                    228 Posts
                    Posted: February 24, 2005, 3:41 pm - IP Logged

Wow, that hurts a little bit Ion.  I am a huge fan of all your lotto software and analysis.  Perhaps before you go off on somebody you should be sure of exactly what they are asking.  Even if it was a dumb question...though it wasn't....I would figure at least you would reason what I needed it for and why.  After that scathing response I have definately lost some respect for you.  You should remember, I'm on your side Ion.  I know which programs you have that can do the job, however, I was looking for something that went a bit faster creating some full wheels, large fulll wheels of complete combination sets.  Anyway, the wheel was to be used in various testing and strategies I'm working on with Pick632.  And referencing myself to that of a child was very much uncalled for.  I believe the times I have asked you for information on your software has shown that in some cases the software has shown bugs or created strange output files.  Also, I have no idea where you figure I got peed off or asked you to only respond to me personally.  You must be thinking of somebody else.  This post here was only that a simple question for anybody to answer. 

Anyway, I did find a nice piece of software(LottoWhiz) that did the job very quickly....within 5-10minutes.  And no, this is not a knock on your software Ion, just a fact.  Your stuff is great, but I needed something that would create these large full wheels quickly so I could use my time more effectively testing and creating my strategies. 

Which brings me to another question about purging with power632.exe and purge-6.exe.  The file I have to purge is over 500000 combinations(6of6of30 full wheel or combinations).  I am trying to purge this file using the strategy file created in strategy632.exe.  In purge-6.exe it just stops after 20000 lines or so and in power632.exe it gives me 0 combinations.  Hopefully I'll likely figure out the problem on my own if it's just a case of semantics and plugging the right files into the right places and not a case of the software not working correctly.  I guess anyone other than Ion that could help out I would appreciate it.  Thanks. 

Trebic
                      Czech Republic
                      Member #8380
                      November 3, 2004
                      66 Posts
                      Posted: February 24, 2005, 4:38 pm - IP Logged
                      Quote: Originally posted by xavier102772 on February 24, 2005

Anyway, I did find a nice piece of software(LottoWhiz) that did the job very quickly....within 5-10minutes.

ehm, 5-10 minutes for a full wheel?? how about 5-10 seconds?

Expert Lotto Team

Greece
                        Member #2815
                        November 18, 2003
                        502 Posts
                        Posted: February 24, 2005, 5:17 pm - IP Logged

xavier102772, try Lotto Architect. It can handle files with billion of tickets and generates very large full wheels in less than one second (up to some million tickets within 1-2 sec). For even bigger wheels, it will take more time obviously but nevertheless, everything will go below 1 minute.

Calgary
                          Canada
                          Member #9419
                          December 7, 2004
                          228 Posts
                          Posted: February 24, 2005, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Obviously I overestimated the time.  My point was that it was quick to generate the full wheel.  Thanks though.

Greece
                            Member #2815
                            November 18, 2003
                            502 Posts
                            Posted: February 24, 2005, 8:04 pm - IP Logged

It is easy to generate a full wheel; it is just a simple iteration. The problem is how to handle a full wheel and any operations on it, which is what a program should handle efficiently. Just try to filter a huge wheel somehow and you will understand what I'm talking about

Pretoria
                              South Africa
                              Member #6062
                              August 4, 2004
                              54 Posts
                              Posted: March 1, 2005, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Quote: Originally posted by Datenda on February 24, 2005

ExpertLotto,

Cheers,

Datenda

i think there somebody email us from south africa some time ago but he/she never got back - so you're very welcome.
                              pls note that submitted lotteries must have playslip printing setup correctly (there's a nice wizard for that in the demo) and also at least one month worth of latest winning numbers included (there's also a nice wizard for importing of winning numbers).
                              email us if you have troubles setting the lottery up - we'll help.

ExpertLotto,

I sent all the reqired stuff, except the import of the SA Lotto latest winning numbers, to you.

I could not get your wizard for importing of winning numbers to work properley. I had troulble with the delimiters. Please can you help?

Cheers,

Datenda

Tata Syndicate Boss