Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Did anyone ever think about this?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 12 years ago by DoctorEw220.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
Yinzer Country, PA
United States
Member #4067
March 18, 2004
2741 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2005, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Ok. Here's the theory.

You cannot see the phone cord connecting the terminal to the phone jack, which connects the terminal to the lottery network to enter in the ticket, but the machine independently generates quick picks, and independently prints the tickets. There is also a training mode for the terminal (at least in PA there is), which does not require connection to the computer system since it is training mode, and it will print out tickets in which the numbers are not entered into the state's computer system. Every state that uses these models runs that risk (I know PA, WV, and IN use those models, and I'm pretty sure there are more.). In theory, it is possible for you to get the winning set of numbers, but the ticket not be valid, regardless of the fact that it's for the draw date, and it has the winning numbers. Perhaps it would explain the lack of winners with the Hoosier Lottery since they use the same terminal as PA.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
    Member #91
    January 19, 2002
    11929 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2005, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

yeah , but wouldn't you think that having the winning numbers, the right date and time on a lottery ticket that you bought in good faith, have the grounds for a lawsuit..........or am i missing the point here....

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20110 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2005, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

excellent point fja. definate grounds i would say...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
        Virginia
        United States
        Member #1712
        June 20, 2003
        1549 Posts
        Posted: February 24, 2005, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Tso-gali-I

They'd have a damm hard time convincing me in a Court of Law, they were just "practicing" before the draw...

Chief

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
          Member #2338
          September 17, 2003
          2063 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2005, 2:53 am - IP Logged

One would hope they would have something printed on them so as to know it's not valid.

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
            Waukegan, IL
            United States
            Member #8043
            October 22, 2004
            753 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2005, 3:09 am - IP Logged

I know that this has no relevance to this thread but what in the HE** is this emoticon suppose to be...............

kbcherokee's avatar - buffalo2
              Virginia
              United States
              Member #1712
              June 20, 2003
              1549 Posts
              Posted: February 25, 2005, 8:30 am - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by GoArmy on February 25, 2005

I know that this has no relevance to this thread but what in the HE** is this emoticon suppose to be...............

A dancing Banana...

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house. May  the Great Spirit bless all who enter there. May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows. And may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

LottoFan's avatar - nw sorc2.jpg
                Arizona
                United States
                Member #4595
                May 6, 2004
                57 Posts
                Posted: February 25, 2005, 11:22 am - IP Logged

A crooked "store" operator could pocket some serious cash using that scheme.  Of course their "house of cards" would come crashing down with just one large winner.....

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                  Yinzer Country, PA
                  United States
                  Member #4067
                  March 18, 2004
                  2741 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

yeah, but still. i've had it happen where i thought my ticket was a winner, but the lottery machine said otherwise, and i've checked my numbers, and i should have won some money.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.