Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 3:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Dumbest Game Ideas

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 12 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2005, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Here are my top three in ascending order:

3. California Daily Derby

O.K., this game is crazy. It seems like a mish-mash of a Pick 3 game and a exact-order 3/12 lotto game. All tied into a concept that doesn't translate well into an on-line lottery game.

2. Pennsylvania Lucky For Life

IMHO, the reason the "For-Life" games in OR and WA were successful lie in the way the game is played. Pick just 4 numbers from a large pool of numbers, you'll get several additional sets of numbers too. And the odds of winning are pretty good too. The end result, a fun little game. But PA apparently thought the for-life prize was the attraction, and the end result, . First, they broke the cardinal rule, don't charge more than a dollar unless there's something special, like the afformentioned games in OR and WA, and another PA game, Match 6. Second, $38,000/year isn't even enough to live on. May've been when you started the lottery, but not in twenty-ought-5. And third, they just tacked on that instant win feature. Think of a white elephant with a 2 by 4 taped on it. That should be Lucky For Life's logo.

1. Iowa Freeplay Replay

Is it just me, or has cocaine made it to Iowa Lottery headquarters more than once. "Hey, let's raise the minimum age to 21, that would be funny, it's not like any other states will follow.", "Hey, let's use Illinois' Pick 3 numbers for our game, maybe Linda Kollmeier will come over". O.K., maybe that's an exaggeration. But Freeplay Replay has to have been made-up by a cokehead. Free ticket for no numbers? This ain't keno! And an annuity for $225,000? Even New York and Indiana knows better than that. Wacky, Wacky, Wacky! Good thing this game bit the dust.

(insert signature here)

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
    Yinzer Country, PA
    United States
    Member #4067
    March 18, 2004
    2741 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2005, 11:06 am - IP Logged

freeplay replay only saw one match-6 winner. it also paid out as a lump sum, which for the odds, wasn't too bad.

the IA lottery signed a contract with the IL lottery to save money. that way, their players get a televised drawing that the IA lottery does not have to conduct. IA also goes along with IL's special promotions. for example, since IL is holding a green ball double draw promotion, IA will be holding that promotion as well. they also use IL's pick 4 results for their pick 4 game. i'm guessing IA and IL each cover half the cost of the drawings. they cut their evening drawing sales off an hour and a half before the drawing too.

PA's Lucky For Life Lotto really does need to be replaced. It is more than obvious that it is not selling. It's been around for about 5 months now and only 2 top prize winners. I was really hoping they would make it like WA's or OR's versions, and winning $3000 a mnth for a year is nothing to smile about. Granted for some people it's a nice boost, but it's a lotto game that you would have to go back to work if you won.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Yinzer Country, PA
      United States
      Member #4067
      March 18, 2004
      2741 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2005, 11:08 am - IP Logged

CA's Daily Derby does seem rather confusing, but it also looks like a fun game. How many lotteries give you the thrill of going to the racetrack in your own home?

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Oregon
        United States
        Member #11764
        February 23, 2005
        46 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

ALL the "Win for Life" games are dumb.

I'd actually be terrified to win one of those games. I would end up cursing it to my dying breath. Why? 

It may be $1,000 a week or whatever, but what happens 20 years down the line when inflation has eaten away most of the present day value of $1000 a week? Knowing my nature, I'd quit my job to enjoy my winnings, but I'd always have the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head knowing that one day I'd have to return to work. I'd be getting poorer and poorer every year until my "winnings" reduced me to poverty.

That's why I will never play it.

Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:42 pm - IP Logged

these games are not designed for people to wuit their jobs. nowadays, people know that there is no such thing as financial security, and what is here today could be gone tomorow.

United States
            Member #379
            June 5, 2002
            11296 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2005, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Add NY Lotto (38%-40% prize return) and MA Megabucks (still annuity-only).

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
              Houston, TX
              United States
              Member #9841
              December 23, 2004
              236 Posts
              Posted: February 27, 2005, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I'd love to win $1000/week for life.  It would really help me out now.  Then i could pay for college without grants and loans, get the vehicle of my choice, and take all those vacations I want.  If I had a job and won that, i'd probably quit and the next job I'd have would be after I graduate.  Then I'll just have $1000 extra every week. 

Annual Payments's avatar - annual 20payments.jpg
                Houston, TX
                United States
                Member #9841
                December 23, 2004
                236 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2005, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

and whatever!  Y'all know y'all would be happy and grinning if y'all won that lol.

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2005, 7:29 pm - IP Logged
                  Quote: Originally posted by Annual Payments on February 27, 2005

and whatever! Y'all know y'all would be happy and grinning if y'all won that lol.

I'd happy with anything. Because any money, is better than no money.

(insert signature here)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                    Member #2338
                    September 17, 2003
                    2063 Posts
                    Posted: February 28, 2005, 4:05 am - IP Logged

Lucky for life is $2 in wa state and still a crappy game. 1000$ a day on the other hand and I'd tell my current company I work for where to stick it. By the way if you have the Sword of Damocles hanging over your head just take it down and stick it on ebay.

United States
                      Member #379
                      June 5, 2002
                      11296 Posts
                      Posted: February 28, 2005, 6:24 pm - IP Logged