Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You win! Who's the first person you tell?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Maverick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Oregon
United States
Member #11764
February 23, 2005
46 Posts
Posted: March 2, 2005, 11:56 pm - IP Logged

In all honesty, I think the first person I'd tell would be a lawyer or professional financial advisor after I put it in a safety deposit box. I've had nightmeres about winning the jackpot and then someone steals my ticket. I don't think my friends or family would be able to keep quiet about something like that, and they'd tell their friends and those friends tell their friends until someone decides they want to steal my winnings.

I'd only tell people I know after the money is in the bank (and invested in the appropriate areas).

Washington,Michigan
    United States
    Member #11416
    February 13, 2005
    598 Posts
    Posted: March 3, 2005, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Well I don't go buy a ticket or anything but I would tell my dad after I look to see if he won. He the one who want a bought it. Then go get the money. Im will be so happy. I would tell my dad to get a house. The one we live in now is old. I think bad things happening to me in the house. Some time it make me sad.   Yea then maybe get a hair cut. Yea I would get a hair cut if my dad win jackpot. I'll get my dad to be really nice. To help out city of Detroit and stuff. Then I'll get my dad to take old houses down and then get new house build. I'll do it for a few of my cousin. I'll give them some money like said $300,000 but if they want more. They need to get a loan. You do it a few time it will add up to alot. Then put like 2 millions in bank.  Then get me a car. One that really nice.  I'll do good with money not spend it all. I would help people and stuff.

Oregon
      United States
      Member #11764
      February 23, 2005
      46 Posts
      Posted: March 3, 2005, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Is English your first language, keepitreal?

ineed9million's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
        Philadelphia, PA
        United States
        Member #11436
        February 13, 2005
        176 Posts
        Posted: March 3, 2005, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

i'd probably tell my parents first and have them recommend a good lawyer and certified financial analyst.  After the money is in my hands I'd tell my girlfriend and a few others.  People are going to find out something is up dventually so there isnt much I could do to avoid that.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
          Yinzer Country, PA
          United States
          Member #4067
          March 18, 2004
          2741 Posts
          Posted: March 3, 2005, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

the first person i would tell is myself. i fear i may not believe myself though. i could lie to myself.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3052 Posts
            Posted: March 3, 2005, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I would tell my parents and pay off their mortgage and a couple of small gifts for all the years of support they have given me.

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
              USA
              United States
              Member #8242
              October 29, 2004
              1133 Posts
              Posted: March 3, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged
              Quote: Originally posted by DoctorEw220 on March 3, 2005

the first person i would tell is myself. i fear i may not believe myself though. i could lie to myself.

Good answer. I too would tell myself first over and over, cos I would need a serious reality check lol
                LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: March 3, 2005, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

that would be when people you never remembered starts calling you about how they were nice to you at a family get together years earlier,or they were in the back row in your 5th grade class or they picked up your bag of chips in the grocery store and handed em to you and gave you good luck or some guy who let you go first at a 4 way stop,lol

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
                  Tennessee
                  United States
                  Member #7853
                  October 15, 2004
                  11338 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2005, 12:25 am - IP Logged

who is the first person you tell??  the first person who isn't looking for a loan,lol

Maverick's avatar - yinyang
                    USA
                    United States
                    Member #8242
                    October 29, 2004
                    1133 Posts
                    Posted: March 4, 2005, 12:48 am - IP Logged
                    Quote: Originally posted by LOTTOMIKE on March 3, 2005

or they picked up your bag of chips in the grocery store and handed em to you and gave you good luck or some guy who let you go first at a 4 way stop,lol

LOL