Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Host Upload/Download area for users?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 12 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
SirMetro's avatar - center
East of Atlanta
United States
Member #6191
August 11, 2004
1389 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Just a thought, but what about an area that users could upload their spreadsheets, databases and/or programs that they created to share with other users?

Obviously, those who are doing software for sale should be paying for space to sell their wares, but for those of us that tinker with spreadsheets (databases, etc...) with the intention of sharing information or aquiring help with other users, this would be, I think, a cool addition. For example, if somebody created a spreadsheet with a new workout, a quick post and half the conversation about how to "recreate the wheel" is eliminated. The conversations could go from "How did you do that" to "This is how it's working in this state".

Sir Metro

I have been told I think too much...but then the same person also asked me why wasn't I thinking???....go figure.

United States
    Member #1003
    January 8, 2003
    169 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2005, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

What a fine addition that would be. So helpful to those trying to help others. A great relief to those efforts.   

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: March 28, 2005, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

You already have that capability.  It's called buy a Gold or Platinum membership.  All premium members get megabytes of storage space on their own personal web space hosted on the Lottery Post server.

Do you currently subscribe to a newspaper or magazine, or do you get a cup of coffee in the morning?  A Lottery Post Premium membership is cheaper than each of those things, and also helps support this web site.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!