Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Indiana's Gov Tries to Make Amends

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 12 years ago by ayenowitall.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
ayenowitall's avatar - rod serling4.jpg

United States
Member #4416
April 22, 2004
1075 Posts
Posted: March 4, 2005, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

From WHAS11.com:

Daniels pledges to increase lottery security

03/04/2005

Associated Press

Gov. Mitch Daniels pledged Friday to increase security within the Hoosier Lottery during a stop in a southern Indiana town where authorities say an insider scheme led to the theft of a $1 million ticket.

Daniels and lottery director Ester Schneider presented a $100,000 check the Ripley County Community Foundation during a ceremony at a grocery store in the small town. The money came from the lottery's publicity fund.

The lottery called the donation a goodwill gesture, following the theft of a $1 million winning scratch-off ticket.

Daniels and Schneider said the lottery has added security personnel and upgraded ethical standards for its employees in recent weeks.

"It's not enough to simply come to Cross Plains, hand out a check and say, 'sorry for your luck,'" Daniels said.

A former Hoosier Lottery security officer was charged last year with telling two men the location of a winning ticket in a $1 million scratch-off game. The men bought the store's entire supply of the game's tickets, cheating someone in the area about 60 miles southeast of Indianapolis out of the prize, Daniels said.

Criminal charges are pending against the three men accused in the scam.

http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D88K9I0O0.html

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
    Tennessee
    United States
    Member #7853
    October 15, 2004
    11338 Posts
    Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:00 pm - IP Logged

get back the ball drawings!!!!!

until then i don't want to hear about security......

the governor needs to fire all those lottery officials and replace em while he is at it.......

there are quite a few people who post their daily losings on here because indiana drawings are rigged.

that scratch off ticket theft is just the tip of the iceberg in the very corrupt indiana lottery......

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
      Waukegan, IL
      United States
      Member #8043
      October 22, 2004
      753 Posts
      Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

I have completely dropped playing in Indiana.

United States
        Member #11761
        February 23, 2005
        174 Posts
        Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:15 pm - IP Logged

they could make it up to people by giving everyone who has ever bought one a million dollar scratch ticket

GoArmy's avatar - redcross
          Waukegan, IL
          United States
          Member #8043
          October 22, 2004
          753 Posts
          Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:28 pm - IP Logged

Here is an idea: Basically the Lottery robbed from EVERYONE that had ever played in that state. If you get robbed in real life you can take the Ba***rds to court to be reimbursed. Why isn't the Lottery reimbursing ALL of the residents in Indiana (you cant narrow it down to those who have and have not bought tickets). Empty out the coffers and give each resident of Indiana a slice of the pie. They need to just end the entire affair there until the government can sort it out and get trustworth people to run it. I am really surprised that there wasn't some form of class action suit against them. 100,000 isn't ANYTHING to the poor farmer or blue collar worker who should of at least had a fighting chance.

Tennessee
            United States
            Member #7853
            October 15, 2004
            11338 Posts
            Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

my big fear is how much longer is this gonna be allowed to go on???

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8362 Posts
              Posted: March 4, 2005, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Mike there is a new director in place she took over a few months ago.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/105508.htm

Tennessee
                United States
                Member #7853
                October 15, 2004
                11338 Posts
                Posted: March 4, 2005, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

now that we have new people running it lets hope that new bill passes this summer.....

United States
                  Member #1826
                  July 11, 2003
                  2645 Posts
                  Posted: March 4, 2005, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

I have a great expose idea. It'll cost $1,998 though. Simply buy every combination except one for both the midday and evening draws. When the only combo we didn't pick is the one picked by the Rig-O-Matic , that will say a lot.

(insert signature here)

United States
                    Member #4416
                    April 22, 2004
                    1075 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2005, 5:02 am - IP Logged

It seems that the problems in the Hoosier Lottery are definitely more than a mere perception. I occasionally cross the river to play some of their games, and my luck always seems to be unusually bad over there.

Governor Daniels has only been in office a couple of months and he campaigned strongly on the issue of reform. At least he's not turning a deaf ear and a blind eye to the problems of the lottery in his state. He really is paying attention. He really is trying to fix things. It will take a little more time though.

I suggest that the citizens of Indiana write directly to their governor about the problems that exist with their lottery. Tell him what's wrong and what needs to be done to fix things. That needs to be done right now while the issue is before him. Give him a chance to make good on his pledges of reform. I normally don't place a lot of faith in politicians, but I think any newcomer deserves at least a chance to do the right thing. He's already taken some positive steps, but there's much more to be done.

Players have every right to complain when they feel that they're not getting a fair shake from their lottery. Players also have a duty to take constructive action toward fixing things. Right now, I'd say the most constructive thing that Indiana lottery players can do is to directly inform Governor Mitch Daniels of their concerns and proposals for rectifying the problems of the Hoosier Lottery.

Good luck to the people of Indiana,

aye'

Tennessee
                      United States
                      Member #7853
                      October 15, 2004
                      11338 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2005, 5:18 am - IP Logged

jimmysand that is a pretty sharp idea,very good thinking....ayenowitall,there are a couple of players from indiana on here who post the payouts each day on pick three and the payouts are 4 or 5,000 dollars a day when in other states similar in size to indiana daily payouts easily top 100,000 dollars,and where other states might have 75 or 80 people have a straight hit a day indiana usually averages 1 or 2,lol,that tells me something ain't quite right in indy.

United States
                        Member #4416
                        April 22, 2004
                        1075 Posts
                        Posted: March 5, 2005, 5:49 am - IP Logged

MIKE,

I've been following most of the discussions on Lottery Post about the problems with the Hoosier Lottery. At first I had a hard time believing the disparity of the puny Pick 3 and Pick 4 payouts as compared to other states, so I did some comparisons of my own. Now I'm convinced that the problems are quite real in Indiana.

I'm not defending the Hoosier Lottery by any means. I'm simply saying that it's going to take more than idle complaining on these boards. It's time for everyone who plays in Indiana to let the Governor know in no uncertain terms what the specific problems are with his state's lottery. He also needs to know what people want him to do to fix those problems.

Indiana has a new governor who says he is deeply committed  to reform. Indiana's lottery players need to make a serious commitment to help their governor implement lottery reforms. The Gov is new so you have to at least give him a chance to make good on his promises. The time is now to speak up directly to him about the lottery while his attention is on the matter.

Here's the contact information for Governor Mitch Daniels:

By Phone: 317-232-4567

By Mail:
                        Office of the Governor
                        Indianapolis, Indiana 46204-2797

On the Web: http://www.in.gov/gov/contact.html

I hope all concerned parties will take the time to walk their talk by contacting him with constructive ideas.

Good luck,

aye'

United States
                          Member #379
                          June 5, 2002
                          11296 Posts
                          Posted: March 5, 2005, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

I live in NY but would like to see the Hoosier Lottery cleaned up.

DoctorEw220's avatar - alien helmet.jpg
                            Yinzer Country, PA
                            United States
                            Member #4067
                            March 18, 2004
                            2741 Posts
                            Posted: March 5, 2005, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

i would like to see a total overhaul of the Hoosier Lottery.

I've redone my website.  Go to www.dr-ew.com.  I kept a lot of the old stuff, and I've added some new stuff.  Look for more new stuff in the coming weeks.

Tennessee
                              United States
                              Member #7853
                              October 15, 2004
                              11338 Posts
                              Posted: March 5, 2005, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

i would love to see the whole thing rebuilt from scratch with new people and switch back using ball drawings.........